ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tix

Doubletree’s normally do have bars, and I gpt a great manhattan once at the one by the Philly airport. But, it seems we have a pingpong throwdown between @mcpat and @hlstone so if yiur friend knows of any hipster pingpong bar, that also serves whiteclaw for mcpat, that would be awesome.
Btw, I have seen hlstone particpate in two throwdowns so far and he crushed his competition both times, of course they were cooking related….
Im in for 20 on HL.

• Love
Reactions: hlstone
I checked out the seating for the Xfinity Center and lower level seats start at A-K then rows 1-19. Lower level were $50 and upper $30. Quite a bargain for the quality of wrestling we'll see.
The map on the ticket site doesn’t show row A-k, just the rows starting at 1

I wonder if the letter rows are floor seats for basketball games that will not be used because of needing space for the mats?

That is weird, I got my seat assignments right when I bought.
I do have the email confirmation that we have two tickets, but I just don’t have the numbers yet. Maybe there’s something up in that I can’t get in the Penn State section or something? But it looks like I’m in lower level and that’s what I wanted so I’m pretty happy.

I’m pretty down, attending most sporting events in person anymore due to the cost, I remember the good old days and as a guy who hit 60 I have the attitude is I ain’t paying that much for that shit!

Yes I know when is a student my ticket might’ve been $35 for seven games and I know that’s not realistic now but I’m not gonna pay three or $400 to go to Penn State football games anymore. Wrestling is a different story, the next year when the championships were in Philly, I believe I’m gonna have some good seats for that.

But think about how lucky we are that we could go see such a great sporting event for $50 for a two day ticket? That to me is amazing and incredible value especially when we know the product, lol.

Reactions: billrag
I do have the email confirmation that we have two tickets, but I just don’t have the numbers yet. Maybe there’s something up in that I can’t get in the Penn State section or something? But it looks like I’m in lower level and that’s what I wanted so I’m pretty happy.

I’m pretty down, attending most sporting events in person anymore due to the cost, I remember the good old days and as a guy who hit 60 I have the attitude is I ain’t paying that much for that shit!

Yes I know when is a student my ticket might’ve been $35 for seven games and I know that’s not realistic now but I’m not gonna pay three or $400 to go to Penn State football games anymore. Wrestling is a different story, the next year when the championships were in Philly, I believe I’m gonna have some good seats for that.

But think about how lucky we are that we could go see such a great sporting event for $50 for a two day ticket? That to me is amazing and incredible value especially when we know the product, lol.
I am the same age, and have the same student pass memories. I also agree, I went to NCAA’s at NYC, had a fantastic time, but haven’t been overly interested in going since. I did try for Pitt but could get tickets, weren’t down with scalper prices. Last year @hlstone and I went to our first Big Ten and had a fantastic time. We also got to sit, by happy accident, among a bunch of other active forum posters. For the price, nothing beats it!

I would love to go to Philly NCAA’s, but that is cost dependent…..

We are also going to the Mich and MSU bouts. I was surprised how cheap and easy it was to get tickets. I also luck out that I have a son living in MI so no housing cost for us.

I will not pay hundreds for football games either for that cost I will watch from home.

I am the same age, and have the same student pass memories. I also agree, I went to NCAA’s at NYC, had a fantastic time, but haven’t been overly interested in going since. I did try for Pitt but could get tickets, weren’t down with scalper prices. Last year @hlstone and I went to our first Big Ten and had a fantastic time. We also got to sit, by happy accident, among a bunch of other active forum posters. For the price, nothing beats it!

We are also going to the Mich and MSU bouts. I was surprised how cheap and easy it was to get tickets. I also luck out that I have a son living in MI so no housing cost for us.

I will not pay hundreds for football games either for that cost I will watch from home.
For anyone who is interested the PSWC sent out an email this week inquiring about a 2nd bus for the MI and MSU bout weekend. Below is a copy of the letter with a link to the PSWC.

Michigan / Michigan State Bus Trip

The Trips Committee has a gift idea for your family members or yourself. We currently have over 50 members signed up to travel on the bus trip for the Michigan and Michigan State dual meets (January 19-21, 2024). Additional PSWC members are hopeful we can have enough interest for a second bus to travel to Michigan. If you have never been on a PSWC bus trip, now may be the time. Experienced bus travelers will tell you the trip to Michigan is one of the best trips to take. There are always in-depth wrestling discussions, bus activities including trivia, and sharing personal experiences with fellow riders. The bus hosts help make all feel welcome and informed of trip activities.

Included in the cost of the trip are match tickets for both dual meets, bottled water, lots of snacks and special treats for sharing, a box lunch for the return trip to State College, and many memorable experiences.

The committee has a special hotel rate of $109 per night which you can register for once you sign-up for the trip.

Use the link below to signup for the trip, or log in to the PSWC and sign-up on Bus Trips under the Events icon. Lastly please sign-up for this trip by December 29, 2023 for us to finalize arrangements. If the trip would need to be cancelled, or you need to cancel for any reason, we will be glad to provide a full refund.

If you have any questions please email Helen Knerr at helenknerr@gmail.com.

You could also try the Maryland match. It is in the pavilion about the size of a high school gym. Something like $15 a ticket

WREST_BIG_TEN_TOURNAMENT_XFINITY_Diagram_Horizontal_V4.png
Seating:
Level Section Row Seat(s)
----- ------- ----- ----------
V 212 2 16-18

Where the heck that is I have no idea until I see a layout of the site

WREST_BIG_TEN_TOURNAMENT_XFINITY_Diagram_Horizontal_V4.png

Rats, missed out on the links earlier. Hoping to snag two lower level seats.

Rats, missed out on the links earlier. Hoping to snag two lower level seats.
I would assume there will be lower seats available during the early Jan open sale. They have sections not assigned to teams that should have seats. I think the open sale is Jan 8

It just hit me - the title of this thread cracks me up. One of my oldest and closest friends who was also on our college wrestling team was given the nickname Big Tick! 😁

Just bought tickets in section 215. Anyone know how parking works at or near the Xfinity Center, did not see any options to purchase a parking pass?

Just bought tickets in section 215. Anyone know how parking works at or near the Xfinity Center, did not see any options to purchase a parking pass?
There are lots and garages right there. I have never had to pay for parking when I went down for volleyball matches (also held at the Xfinity center), but I know for football you do need to pay and there are ways to buy passes on their website . My guess is parking will be free if there is not link for parking passes.

There are lots and garages right there. I have never had to pay for parking when I went down for volleyball matches (also held at the Xfinity center), but I know for football you do need to pay and there are ways to buy passes on their website . My guess is parking will be free if there is not link for parking passes.
Thanks.

Reactions: PSUer1989
Seats on "the Wall" are now on-sale. The Wall is very steep so be cautious about selecting those. It was built to provide Md basketball with a home advantage by having the student section form a "wall" to create an intimidating environment.

Seats on "the Wall" are now on-sale. The Wall is very steep so be cautious about selecting those. It was built to provide Md basketball with a home advantage by having the student section form a "wall" to create an intimidating environment.
I heard it was built like that because it saved on excavation.

I got 2 in section 116 row 8 aisle seats at 9 am this morning. Staying at Hampton Inn College Park. Anyone near me in 116???

I’m in 116 rows 6 & 7 4 aisle seats in each row. All of us PSU fans.
That’s awesome. I’m right behind y’all. The wife and I will have to introduce ourselves. What part of the country y’all from??? Btw……I’m Bob.

That’s awesome. I’m right behind y’all. The wife and I will have to introduce ourselves. What part of the country y’all from??? Btw……I’m Bob.
I’m Bob as well. Live just outside Richmond,VA. Grew up in Lancaster co. PA I have a son living near University of Maryland.

I’m Bob as well. Live just outside Richmond,VA. Grew up in Lancaster co. PA I have a son living near University of Maryland.
Well, I won't forget your name. Lol. I grew up in Milton, Lewisburg, Bucknell University area. District 4 wrestling. I lived in York,PA for about 18 yrs, met my now wife, and live in Waynesboro, PA now.....about an 1 hr 15 minute ride to UMD. Did you guys grab a hotel yet?

Well, I won't forget your name. Lol. I grew up in Milton, Lewisburg, Bucknell University area. District 4 wrestling. I lived in York,PA for about 18 yrs, met my now wife, and live in Waynesboro, PA now.....about an 1 hr 15 minute ride to UMD. Did you guys grab a hotel yet?
Are yall attending PSU/MD dual meet?

I grew up in Lancaster, went to Bucknell annd PSU, and now live in York.

Reactions: Lionscrebs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT