ADVERTISEMENT

Barkley is best athlete ever for PS Football

Barkley definitely deserves to be in the conversation as greatest athlete ever in PSU football. Ethan Kilmer was quite an athletic specimen, as well.

Yeah, they run him down all the time.

The kid put 190 on an Ohio State defense filled with NFL players, on a bum ankle after taking weeks off, as a true freshman, behind the worst offensive line PSU has ever fielded, with 7-8 in the box all night, with a QB who couldn't hit the blind side of a barn.

No, no one sees what you're seeing. Go get some glasses.

Thanks for posting that beautiful run again. Truly a thing of beauty.

So it appears you actually agree with me after all. My opening statement said, Barley does take 20% of his runs to the House. That beautiful run was one of his 20% breakout runs. !!!

Good work "pennsyoracle."
Thanks

Seems to me that 80% of the time, when Barkely breaks open alone, with 40-50 plus yards to run, some DB or Safety always runs him down, before he gets to the End Zone...

In the past, great RB'S like Kijana Carter, Curt Warner, Lydel Mitchell , etc. would take it to the house every time. ...

Does anyone else see the same thing that I'm seeing.?
Are the DB's and athletes today just, overall , more talented.?
What am I missing in the conversation or my observation .?

Thanks All Knowing Board...!

[Joe Paterno: "Don't worry about the recruits that we lose. Just make sure that the ones we get can play."]

Any particular plays where he was run down? I know there's not many plays where I think.. "dang, if Barkley was just a bit faster.."

Any particular plays where he was run down? I know there's not many plays where I think.. "dang, if Barkley was just a bit faster.."

Barkley's My Boy..!
I wouldn't trade him for any Back in the country.

Under Franklin, we're truly being blessed again, after Paterno....

Next year, we have Journey Brown coming in. Sure he'll break a few that Barkley got caught short on...

I also can't wait, and am hoping that Franklin let's Wade do Kick-off Returns next year...!!!

My Brothers....

Barkley's My Boy..!

Next year, we have Journey Brown coming in. Sure he'll break a few that Barkley got caught short on...

I also can't wait, and am hoping that Franklin let's Wade do Kick-off Returns next year...!!!

My Brothers....

LOL

You are a special person. Bitching about a guy that runs a 4.3 and can run circles around anyone in the country.

LOL

You are a special person. Bitching about a guy that runs a 4.3 and can run circles around anyone in the country.

Barkley's My Boy...

And, Obviously, you never saw Kijana Carter or Lydell Mitchell play.....

For us older guys, I'll update you as to what it was like back then....

Of course the O-lines, compared to 2017, we're like night and day.. but when KJ and LM ran the ball, the line didn't seem to matter.. They both had the uncanny ability to find the seem or crease to get 3/4 yards on EVERY play... Their thighs were as strong as Iron..... They'd find a crease and just move the guys in from of them out of the way or to the side, using some kind of special talent for leverage...

Just like you showed me that great highlight of Barkley, perhaps you could find a few highlights of those older players.

They were Penn State. You would enjoy them as well... Each runner of course had a unique talent...

Barkley's My Boy...

Reactions: razpsu
Barkley's My Boy...

Of course the O-lines, compared to 2017, we're like night and day.. but when KJ and LM ran the ball, the line didn't seem to matter.. They both had the uncanny ability to find the seem or crease to get 3/4 yards on EVERY play... Their thighs were as strong as Iron..... They'd find a crease and just move the guys in from of them out of the way or to the side, using some kind of special talent for leverage...

Just like you showed me that great highlight of Barkley, perhaps you could find a few highlights of those older players.

They were Penn State. You would enjoy them as well... Each runner of course had a unique talent...

Barkley's My Boy...
Barkley's My Boy...

Barkley's My Boy...

Time to get your eyes checked then. Barkley has gone through far smaller creases and has turned more 2-yard losses into 5-7 yard gains than anyone I've seen.

And yes, I saw KJ run through holes opened by an all-world offensive line that even Gino Capone could've got 10 yard runs.

And you're sitting here talking about thighs? Good lord, you have no clue.

I think Bobby engram or oj mc duffle are probably the greatest athletes that we have had. Kenny Jackson could be up there as well

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
Barkley's My Boy..!

My Brothers....

Which runs was he caught on?

Which runs was he caught on?

Perhaps you would enjoy reviewing all the games on tape the past two years, and letting us know .....

I like your question. If you really want to know. I'd be happy to hear the real answer and the statistics...

Go for it....

Perhaps you would enjoy reviewing all the games on tape the past two years, and letting us know .....

I like your question. If you really want to know. I'd be happy to hear the real answer and the statistics...

Go for it....

funny-pictures-read-something-stupid-forest-whitaker-eye.jpg

I see people compare Barkley to Barry Sanders which is way premature. Sanders did what Barkley does but at the NFL level so it's definitely to early to compare him. There were a lot backs in college that were compared to Sanders in college and had a mediocre NFL career.

Go for it....

Dude.. you brought it up. I just asked which runs.. you know.. some facts to back up your statement. You could be completely right about Barkley getting run down by safeties.. I've watched the games. I don't remember one. If it happens so often, you would surely remember one or two of them, no? I think you're making things up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT