ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball opens tomorrow

bison13

Dec 22, 2007
Is anyone going? Do they offer walk up ticket sales in person or is it all online through Ticketmaster? TIA

Reactions: NedFromYork
Just home from game. Good start. Lots to improve but liked that scoring was spread out. So good defense too.
More importantly there is a lionette that looks a bit like Eliza Dushku.
Dushku is an under the radar hottie. I remember her first in this horror flick, then, of course, Bring it On

wrong-turn-eliza-dushku-wrong-turn-date-2003-K3JFT7.jpg

Good start vs Winthrop. Pickett, Dread, and Funk lighting it up. I'd like to see more inside scoring.
Good luck. This team will live on the perimeter. No size inside. The shooters, and they have more than in the past, will need to be on for victory. It will be a very entertaining team that will get better as the season rolls on and the great freshmen class plays more. Right now it’s very senior heavy.

Reactions: bison13
Good luck. This team will live on the perimeter. No size inside. The shooters, and they have more than in the past, will need to be on for victory. It will be a very entertaining team that will get better as the season rolls on and the great freshmen class plays more. Right now it’s very senior heavy.
Basketball at all levels basically has turned into a perimeter game and now is a three-point shooting contest, and this applies even to the best teams . Because of this, I've become bored with how this sport is played now. Even when I watch the odd NBA game, it's mostly just throwing up long distance shots. I almost wish that shots inside the three-point zone would count for three points and shots from behind that line only would count for two points.

To your point, isn't this the same lament that we hear every year about PSU basketball, that they don't have an inside game?

Good big men are in short supply. Part of why the perimeter game is what all the cool kids are playing...or maybe it's a chicken-egg argument.

Good big men are in short supply. Part of why the perimeter game is what all the cool kids are playing...or maybe it's a chicken-egg argument.
The problem is that now it seems as if even the big men just want to shoot jump shots. The coaches have completely coached the post game out of basketball, and especially the college game.

Reactions: psu00
I was tracking the PSU game while at Liacourous Center watching Temple play Wagner. Seems like they have the same issues as we do...a bunch of perimeter guys with one big transfer center with limited offense, and a 5th year grad transfer bean pole back up.

The game was close at half. Temple was favored by 15 or so...and predictably went up by maybe 14 with 8 or so to go. Then they suffered a TOTAL PSU MELT DOWN with 5 empty possessions in a row with no shots, poor defense and missed free throws. It got tight, 3 point game w 10 secs left, then they gave up a late 3 on the same "trailer" play that Villanova won the NCAAs on and feebly lost in OT.

So let's be happy with our nice start...God knows we've proven that we can lose to anyone. Last night Temple looked awful...better them than us!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT