ADVERTISEMENT

Beaver Stadium Revenues

Ian

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
State College, Pa
Huge!

Dynamic pricing and premium packages on all products will drive the revenue generating opportunities estimated to be $100m per year.

Can't wait to see who gets naming rights.

In the article they mention demolishing the west side next year... hadn't heard that before.

Last edited:
Huge!

Dynamic pricing and premium packages on all products will drive the revenue generating opportunities estimated to be $100k per year.

In the article they mention demolishing the west side next year... hadn't heard that before.

I visited the All Sports Museum two weeks ago during the Lasch Bash Weekend and was able to take a tour inside the stadium. The tour guide from the Museum told us that when the renovation of the west side is finished, the capacity will be reduced by 6000, as more chair backs are going to be installed.

Reactions: Obliviax
I visited the All Sports Museum two weeks ago during the Lasch Bash Weekend and was able to take a tour inside the stadium. The tour guide from the Museum told us that when the renovation of the west side is finished, the capacity will be reduced by 6000, as more chair backs are going to be installed.

I think they have been pretty consistent with indicating that staying over 100,000 is important just for the value of that number but that indeed they want to increase the number of chairbacks. With an official capacity of 106,572 currently, a reduction of around 6000 seems quite likely with the planned renovations.

I think they have been pretty consistent with indicating that staying over 100,000 is important just for the value of that number but that indeed they want to increase the number of chairbacks. With an official capacity of 106,572 currently, a reduction of around 6000 seems quite likely with the planned renovations.
FSU is doing the same thing with one side of their stadium this summer and they’re only going to have temporary seating on that side for this upcoming season. Their capacity also is going to be reduced when their renovations are finished.

Huge!

Dynamic pricing and premium packages on all products will drive the revenue generating opportunities estimated to be $100k per year.

Link says they intend to generate $1 billion of (additional?) revenue over 10 years.
$100k per year for 10 years = $1 million.

Reactions: Ian
Link says they intend to generate $1 billion of (additional?) revenue over 10 years.
$100k per year for 10 years = $1 million.
The article is very short WRT specifics on revenue and the associated costs (both fixed and variable) with attaining that revenue.

Perhaps it's because of the click bait nature of the business necessary to generate revenue but what often passes for 'journalism' is lacking.....

Huge!

Barry says we can't afford it.

He could be right

It's wonderful to put a presentation together that says get your customers to spend more and then you make more.

In presentation format a lot of things make sense.

Then there's the reality of whether $100M per year more is extractable from the fanbase.
Well, things are about to change. Sadly, the paradigm of college football has changed. PSU has to change if they hope to keep up. These are all expected changes to allow PSU to extract maximum revenue from any and all sources that they can. I don't like it. But if they don't, will fall away and be less and less competitive against those teams that do. There is a thread of tOSU offering tons of money to get a kid to xfer from GA to tOSU. This is now, for the most part, legal. And it is the future. You can bet if a PSU frosh takes off like Saquon did that every major program in the nation will have emissaries contacting him with millions in contracts if he'll xfer to their program.

200w.gif

Well, things are about to change. Sadly, the paradigm of college football has changed. PSU has to change if they hope to keep up. These are all expected changes to allow PSU to extract maximum revenue from any and all sources that they can. I don't like it. But if they don't, will fall away and be less and less competitive against those teams that do. There is a thread of tOSU offering tons of money to get a kid to xfer from GA to tOSU. This is now, for the most part, legal. And it is the future. You can bet if a PSU frosh takes off like Saquon did that every major program in the nation will have emissaries contacting him with millions in contracts if he'll xfer to their program.

200w.gif

I agree. But my point was related to these projections and how realistic they may be.

People in PA have two NFL teams already. Not sure they can support a third.

They will. They have a very deep bench when it comes to football fannies in the seats. PSU is typically the best in the state. Steelers aren’t. Eagles are now but the NFL is “not for long” for a reason. PSU can be with the others if they shell it out and get the elbows out when it matters. The Grand Experiment is over… been over.

They will. They have a very deep bench when it comes to football fannies in the seats. PSU is typically the best in the state. Steelers aren’t. Eagles are now but the NFL is “not for long” for a reason. PSU can be with the others if they shell it out and get the elbows out when it matters. The Grand Experiment is over… been over.
The revenue side of the equation is only part of the cash flow. The cost side right now is the bigger issue. There are so many unknowns just in college football on the cost side. What about the increase in roster sisze? What about NIL? Can PSU football support the other 25+ teams? What will conference realignments change dollar payouts? Will college football continue to get the same level of support? A lot of unknowns in play and I am sure that I missed some.

I am wondering if they will add standing room only sections in the corners since they are now connecting the upper concourse. I'm expecting the west side to be overwhelming premium seating in the future with suites, clubs, loges and so on. I feel for long timers that don't want premium seats as the cost for seating on the west side is likely going to be insane going forward, and demand for the cheaper east side will skyrocket with thousands of people from the west side looking to move.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT