ADVERTISEMENT

Best Rock Trio Ever!!!

WexfordWarrior

Aug 30, 2017
Somewhere in the Carolinas.
I am going ZZ Top. Some much sound from 3 guys. Honorable mention: Rush and Cream

king-of-the-hill-band.gif

Last edited:
Rush (saw them 3 times…amazing) and then The Police (saw them 0 times, but really appreciate their musicality). Both bands had really great drummers!

Reactions: dbldoofus
Also HM: Genesis

I love Genesis, but have a hard time including them when their best iteration included Gabriel and Hackett in addition to Banks/Rutherford/Collins.

(As a drummer, Collins is one of my favorite drummers . . . Peart ain’t so bad either).

Last edited:
Reactions: tikk10 and Ja1339
I love Genesis, but have a hard time including them when their best iteration included Gabriel and Hackett in addition to Banks/Rutherford/Collins and Chester Thompson.

(As a drummer, Collins is one of my favorite drummers . . . Peart ain’t so bad either).
Yep…Phil, Neil and Stewart Copeland land in many top 10 drummer lists.

Perhaps showing my age- but Nirvana was a pretty seminal band in my music life...
I was coaching at that time, and I think we wore out the Nevermind disc in practice...

Kinda on the same path the Beastie Boys have a special spot in my heart...

Triumph refused to ever open for another band, never did, and never should have.
Rik Emmett is an immensely underrated guitarist.

Kudos to the Jimi name drop, im prolly ousting the Police for them on my top 5.

Reactions: HOCKEYGOD11
Or desperately spinning the pencil in the cassette, hoping beyond hope that you could get the tape back in, without it being damaged.
How cool is it that LP’s are making a serious comeback. Still nothing better then the crackling sound of an old wore out record.

Speaking of… any Whiskey Myers fans out there? Check out “Song For You”
Ingenious sound idea.

How cool is it that LP’s are making a serious comeback. Still nothing better then the crackling sound of an old wore out record.

Speaking of… any Whiskey Myers fans out there? Check out “Song For You”
Ingenious sound idea.
I've started buying remastered versions of my old favorites on these new vinyl records. The sound quality is awesome (always preferred analog and if you want to get into that argument, I'm willing).
I've got some Beatles, McCartney, Eagles. But I can't stop playing Supertramp.
re: the crackling sound of an old wore out record
My old Led Zeppelin II album, that I think I bought in maybe '70 or '71 has had a skip in the middle of Whole Lotta Love since the day I bought it. Every time over the years when I heard that song on the radio, I was always upset with it because it was missing the skip.

Stephen Wright said that he bought a "Learn Spanish in Your Sleep" course, but the record skipped. Now he stutters in Spanish.

I've started buying remastered versions of my old favorites on these new vinyl records. The sound quality is awesome (always preferred analog and if you want to get into that argument, I'm willing).
I've got some Beatles, McCartney, Eagles. But I can't stop playing Supertramp.
re: the crackling sound of an old wore out record
My old Led Zeppelin II album, that I think I bought in maybe '70 or '71 has had a skip in the middle of Whole Lotta Love since the day I bought it. Every time over the years when I heard that song on the radio, I was always upset with it because it was missing the skip.

Stephen Wright said that he bought a "Learn Spanish in Your Sleep" course, but the record skipped. Now he stutters in Spanish.
Stephen Wright is my GOAT, hands down!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT