ADVERTISEMENT

Bielema, "They're calling for White Out Energy, whatever the hell that means."

Silliest thing ever....that a whiteout needs to be official.
Correct. If all the fans dress in white (maybe even bring their white pom poms) and bring that extra energy and noise that typically comes with a "white out," how is it not a "white out"?

It's about the experience for the fans (feeding off each other's energy), for the team (feeding off the fans' energy) and for the opposing team (suffering from that same energy.)

It's not about some "official" label.

In all fairness, Brett was extremely complimentary of the fans, program, and tradition. He even mentioned Joe and Sue Paterno, something our board is even afraid to do. I'd really encourage everyone to listen to his entire press conference, this is faux outrage and makes us look silly.
Outrage doesn’t mean what you apparently think it means.

With or without fries?
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess - WITH ........

15bb64c7-f1ae-4377-a4d0-ad6699041ace_text.gif

5451ef91-12db-4d5b-8bc4-357b5d348670_text.gif

Have they ever made a rule change like a 30 sec runoff for a penalty?
The clock rule was changed immediately after that season since Bielema and a couple other coaches exposed the flaw. IIRC at the time the clock started to run as soon as the kicker contacted the ball on kickoffs (a change from prior seasons), and the change was to return back to the prior rule of not starting the clock until the receiver caught the ball. This eliminated the ability to do what Bielema did with the intentional offside penalties and killing some precious seconds without the opponent ever getting the ball and running a play.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Please educate me and tell me how I better describe the fervor of penn state fans reaction throughout social media to Brett's edited and clipped press conference. Happy to use another word.
I don’t know about social media but if you’re strictly talking about this board I would describe it more like giving him the business.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
From all the apparent hyperbolic outrage over this quote on X to creating a thread about it, are people really up in arms about this? I appreciate Bret and any opposition head coach who speaks well about our program, our tradition, and then who had a lovely anecdote about Joe sue and Franco, when most dont. As usual, people only heard the first part of what he said. Kudos to him, and the way he does his pressers, where he actually gives you content and actual content that isn't the same word salad every week.

White out energy is great but how about just remembering this one, Franklin?
illinois-9ot.jpg

All this talk about one line in a PC and no discussion of the game.

I think PSU is going to have all it can handle and then some. It will be a physical shock for them after playing an incredibly undersized opponent the week before. I don't understand the betting line at all.

This is a super dangerous game. First half PSU will be dealing with the shock of -- these guys are as big as us, as strong as us, almost as fast as us. Bielema, for all his big personality, is a good coach and has proven he can game plan against Franklin. Ill came pretty close to beating PSU last year.

They have a running game and a decent short passing game and PSU may have serious issues defending the run. Losing Winston is huge, he's one of PSU's best players on D. PSU may have issues at safety and LBer right now and you can bet Bielema is game planning for that.

And offensively, I'm just skeptical of all the talk about how much better the PSU O is under Kotelnicki. All the fancy motion and formations starts to mean little when you're going against teams with great athletes who disrupt things. Then all the complexity can actually get in your way. A lot of the stuff that Allar has been able to do, he's not going to be able to do against Big Ten defenses. He is not going to scramble much against B1G speed, he will get caught in the backfield a lot more and if he tries running in the open field and stretching for 1st downs he is going to get hit hard.

PSU had some issues at times getting receivers open against KENT STATE. PSU has not run the ball reliably against anybody.

I'm not saying the Nits are going to lose, but it just feels like a nailbiter to me.

On the other hand, last year at this time PSU really came out well prepared for their B1G opener and just whacked Iowa. If they are sharp and get a lead, Illinois is not really built to catch up, they're kind of like a Wisconsin type team. They get behind 2 TDs, their offense isn't built for that. So I'm hoping for one of those games where PSU just plays sharp early and gets the Beav into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry and ram2020
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT