ADVERTISEMENT

BiG Position Ratings

A 50-year projection??

How absurd to make such a projection that not many here will even be around to check on, and to believe that you have some extraordinary ability to forecast the future.

It's no wonder you are on "ignore" with so many posters. What an egotistical blowhard.
Lol I'm dealing with what the game is becoming while many here have false hope it isn't inevitable.

All putting me on ignore does is prove that the other person can't stand an opposing opinion because they can't argue it. Explain why what I said isn't likely.... Try

Yeah, I had to go back and look but their last year with more than a 2-loss season goes back to 2011 ----- the year of the Tattoo-Gate scandal when they had several top players leave and the firing of that sleazy HC Tressel. In fact, I read (on Eleven Warriors) that they've only had 2 losing seasons since the mid 1960s, one of them that 2011 season when they went 6-7
Acceptable for them isn't 10-2. Do you think anyone associated with Ohio State was happy going 10-2? Now with the expanded playoff it won't be as much of an issue but 10-2 isn't tolerated there.

Reactions: rrdd2021
But it is still brought up on social media, sports sites, recruiting wars, even family discussions. To say it has no or very little impact us denying reality.
I'm curious how long of a time frame you think the Sandusky scandal will negatively impact Penn State? 30 years? 50 years? Everyone who was alive in 2011 needs to be dead so about 90 years? Or maybe just forever, and forever??

Also the fact that we blew 2 winnable game vs OSU in 2017 and 2018 is because of the scandal? I think you may have said that we had less depth so we got tired and that is one of the primary reasons we lost? Maybe that wasn't your excuse so forgive me but it had something to do with depth that clearly was not Franklin's fault. I'm wondering if we blow a 14 point lead vs USC this year it will be because we got tired because we don't have depth from the scandal? Or just players who are not that good because the really good ones don't want to come to a school that had a pedophile scandal in 2011?

I'm curious how long of a time frame you think the Sandusky scandal will negatively impact Penn State? 30 years? 50 years? Everyone who was alive in 2011 needs to be dead so about 90 years? Or maybe just forever, and forever??

Also the fact that we blew 2 winnable game vs OSU in 2017 and 2018 is because of the scandal? I think you may have said that we had less depth so we got tired and that is one of the primary reasons we lost? Maybe that wasn't your excuse so forgive me but it had something to do with depth that clearly was not Franklin's fault. I'm wondering if we blow a 14 point lead vs USC this year it will be because we got tired because we don't have depth from the scandal? Or just players who are not that good because the really good ones don't want to come to a school that had a pedophile scandal in 2011?
So you think having severe NCAA restrictions and horrific publicity for five years had no affect on recruiting? No affect on our team depth? That none of that had any affect on the team or affected games played then?

So you believe that even though the scandal still gets referenced in the media, discussed on sports boards, hammered home on recruiting boards has zero affect on recruiting? That kids don’t hear it see that? That families don’t see it? That friends don’t see it? That other teams don’t use?

What world do you live in?

Last edited:
Acceptable for them isn't 10-2. Do you think anyone associated with Ohio State was happy going 10-2? Now with the expanded playoff it won't be as much of an issue but 10-2 isn't tolerated there.
Nor is it here. We just have to deal with reality. It's why idiotic fans on both sides are calling for their head coaches heads.

No, it was 100% due to depth, which we didn't have. 1 lbr goes down against USC, and the tables turned. Facts suck. 2016, we have no starting lbrs against Michigan, and get hammered. Gee, I wonder why. It's called depth and trying to rebuild a program. Then, we go on a run after lbr injuries. Also, we were missing a lbr against USC due to? Manny Bowen. Then, another goes down. We had one starting lbr.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio

How long, it's still ongoing. Talk to parents, which I've done for decades. As big a factor, no, but it's still there.

Nor is it here. We just have to deal with reality. It's why idiotic fans on both sides are calling for their head coaches heads.
It sadly is tolerated here. We see 10-2 the last two years despite lacking quality wins. I'm happy we're beating who we're supposed to beat but now we have to start beating good teams occasionally

How long, it's still ongoing. Talk to parents, which I've done for decades. As big a factor, no, but it's still there.
This is delusional. It's an excuse people use not the reason. Like most things in life, the parents won't state the real reason so they take the easy out. Sandusky has been a factor in recruiting since we got the full amount of scholarships back. Stop playing the victim here.

• Haha
Reactions: Hotshoe
18 year old kids were 5 years old when the Sandusky scandal surfaced. IMO prospects care about these things:
  1. Money
  2. Early playing time
  3. Who can get them to the NFL
  4. Facilities/environment
  5. Close to home
The fact that something bad happened at PSU 13 years ago is way down on the list.
Exactly right. Nobody cares today about a scandal 13 years ago. I travel all of the B1G boards and it's very rarely brought up anymore. There's been several B1G schools that's had some type of scandal since then and probably a few SEC schools also but they're masters of covering their transgressions up.

Reactions: bdroc
So you think having severe NCAA restrictions and horrific publicity for five years had no affect on recruiting? No affect on our team depth? That none of that had any affect on the team or affected games played then?

So you believe that even though the scandal still gets referenced in the media, discussed on sports boards, hammered home on recruiting boards has zero affect on recruiting? That kids don’t hear it see that? That families don’t see it? That friends don’t see it? That other teams don’t use?

I was just asking questions to understand your perspective better. Since you asked, I don't think the scandal is impacting us anymore. And if our fearless leader James Franklin goes 8-4 or even 9-3 with no playoff appearances for the next 3 years and tries to blame it on the scandal, Pat Kraft won't be buying it. Nor should he.

Reactions: GregInPitt
I was just asking questions to understand your perspective better. Since you asked, I don't think the scandal is impacting us anymore. And if our fearless leader James Franklin goes 8-4 or even 9-3 with no playoff appearances for the next 3 years and tries to blame it on the scandal, Pat Kraft won't be buying it. Nor should he.
And no one said he should……..🤷🏿‍♂️

The sanctions definitely had an impact but that was 13 years ago.

3 years ago we had the #6 class in the country with Allar, Singleton, Sutton, Carter, etc.

This is delusional. It's an excuse people use not the reason. Like most things in life, the parents won't state the real reason so they take the easy out. Sandusky has been a factor in recruiting since we got the full amount of scholarships back. Stop playing the victim here.
Lol. Tell me a single time you've talked to any parent. I've talked to dozens of recruited kids over the years, and their parents. It's not delusional, nor is it an excuse. You are absolutely clueless in your knowledge of what this has done to the Penn State football program. This wasn't a damn fallacy, it happened.

3 years ago we had the #6 class in the country with Allar, Singleton, Sutton, Carter, etc.
13 years ago, and just magically went away? Really? This boards former owner specifically stated, Penn State wouldn't get another 4 or 5 star for 10 years.

I still remember the very day, the Ed O'Bannon case came down. I sent a message to Ryan...This changes everything. Guess what, it has. And here we are. And no, you're obviously, not on ignore.

First, the scandal broke Nov 2011, less than 13 yrs ago. The sanctions were announced in Aug 2012. They weren’t lifted until Jan if 2015, when recruiting was pretty much over. Then the trials of Spanier and others went in for several years. It’s disingenuous, dishonest, and misinformation to insinuate the scandals impact was thirteen years ago.

To deny the sanctions and scandal had in effect on the tram throughout the teens is crazy. It affected recruiting, it affected team depth, and affected games. Undeniable.

First, the scandal broke Nov 2011, less than 13 yrs ago. The sanctions were announced in Aug 2012. They weren’t lifted until Jan if 2015, when recruiting was pretty much over. Then the trials of Spanier and others went in for several years. It’s disingenuous, dishonest, and misinformation to insinuate the scandals impact was thirteen years ago.

To deny the sanctions and scandal had in effect on the tram throughout the teens is crazy. It affected recruiting, it affected team depth, and affected games. Undeniable.
1. Nobody said it didn't have an impact at the time.

2. I'm saying it hasn't had an impact for a while now.

We just lost a DB to UM. I'm pretty sure it had ZERO to do with the JS scandal.

Lol. Tell me a single time you've talked to any parent. I've talked to dozens of recruited kids over the years, and their parents. It's not delusional, nor is it an excuse. You are absolutely clueless in your knowledge of what this has done to the Penn State football program. This wasn't a damn fallacy, it happened.
You're wrong. Actually, you're just desperate to believe this so you do

I still remember the very day, the Ed O'Bannon case came down. I sent a message to Ryan...This changes everything. Guess what, it has. And here we are. And no, you're obviously, not on ignore.
The Ed O'Bannon decision was good and who didn't know that was going to change everything?
This has nothing to do with you wanting to believe the sanctions killed us so you can blame many people

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT