ADVERTISEMENT

BIGGEST INJUSTICE IN SPORTS...YOU CAN READ ABOUT IT HERE

POTTSVILLE MAROONS AND THE STOLEN CHAMPIONSHIP!!! YOU NOW WHY THE CHICAGO,NIE ST LOUIS,NIE ARIZONA CARDINALS NEVER WIN IT ALL!!! IT'S THEIR CURSE!!!!

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Pottsville_Maroons_still_missing_their_trophy.html

Great article. From the "Region", i.e. Coal Region, I very proud of the Maroons and believe they were treated unjustly.

As an an aside, what team is a descendant of the Pottsville Maroons? A hint, there jerseys are Maroon and they play in the NFL's Eastern Division.

Story told to me by some Old Timers was that the Maroons disbanded and were sold to form a team in Boston and were later moved to Washington, D.C. That is correct they are now the Washington Redskins.

By the way, I noticed that when the article discussed from what colleges the players came they interstingly omitted that several of the players came from Penn State. The coach, Dick Rauch, was from PSU as was the fullback, Barney Wentz.

Reactions: psu1969a
By the way, I noticed that when the article discussed from what colleges the players came they interstingly omitted that several of the players came from Penn State. The coach, Dick Rauch, was from PSU as was the fullback, Barney Wentz.
what's else is interesting is, their RB , Tony Patrone (sp?) has better career NFL stats than Red Grange, yet Red is in the Pro Football HOF, mostly I think for his college career.

I feel the pain for those that are Maroons supporters, however I feel the players from the lingerie league pass the eye test much better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT