ADVERTISEMENT

Black Out for Rutgers

psujeepman1

Jan 20, 2018
Having a really hard time getting excited about the Black Out promotion. I’m fine with the singlets, but I like wearing PSU gear to the matches and I’m not buying any black PSU gear just for this. Is it me, or does anyone else think this is stupid and will flop? I plan on wearing navy blue or white

drunk amy schumer GIF

Season 2 Drinking GIF by Brockmire

Last edited:
Having a really hard time getting excited about the Black Out promotion. I’m fine with the singlets, but I like wearing PSU gear to the matches and I’m not buying any black PSU gear just for this. Is it me, or does anyone else think this is stupid and will flop? I plan on wearing navy blue or white
Agree. Really only should be used if submission holds are allowed

I wasn't aware of the black out.......is this for real? Are you sure your not getting this mixed up with a promotion for Rutgers at one of their home meets? They do blackouts........didn't think PSU does.

If so, really stupid idea! Dark colors like that don't work. I wouldn't bother wearing black.

Agree, navy in a dark BJC will look black. We all probably have black shirts, just not PSU wrestling black shirts. Maybe we can borrow them from the OSU?

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Black outs white outs, that's just some arbitrary dress standard designed to instill a sense of membership so the students stay engaged tuition payers.

A lot of us are... grumpy is realistic.

Grumpy Old Man: battled tested survivor.

As they inscribed on Roman tombstones.

"What you are, I was
What I am , you will be."

Errata:
What I am , you may be, if you don't keep pissing off grumpy old men.

Nota Bene

Last edited:
Reactions: bourbon n blues
Wife knew weeks ago and bought us these nice sweatshirts from (Family Clothesline??)
Pink lettering, I thought it might have something to do with cancer awareness which we are big supporters of,but as of now,we arent even going to the dual.

Agree black HORRIBLE choice for BJC.

Wife knew weeks ago and bought us these nice sweatshirts from (Family Clothesline??)
Pink lettering, I thought it might have something to do with cancer awareness which we are big supporters of,but as of now,we arent even going to the dual.

You know Penn State's original colors were black and pink, right?

(Like in the days when the football team played Wyoming Seminary)

Why the hell do I remember that?

I feel as if cigarette ash stands out on black attire and this is a preemptive change to keep Jagger nights out of the BJC. Discriminatory as a policy? Definitely, but it could be argued that it is better for society as a whole.

Yes, the team is wearing throw back colors for their singlets, black and pink. The fans are asked to wear black. I bought a $15 shirt from the Family Clothes line, black with pink lettering to wear.

Btw, my wife bought a sweatshirt the same color, and she is not going to the BJC event.

Last edited:

Did you explain to your wife that nearly everyone around you will be wearing blue and/or white?

Yes, the team is wearing throw back colors for their singlets, black and pink. The fans are asked to wear black. I bought a $15 shirt from the Family Clothes line, black with pink lettering to wear.

Btw, my wife bought a sweatshirt the same color, and she is not going to the BJC event.

They aren't all bad and follow the singlets. Selling like hotcakes apparently. https://www.pennstateclothes.com/the-family-clothesline/penn-state-pink-throwback-tshirt-11770

My theory w/ the blackout is that it's a way to conceal the lack of a sell-out. Empty navy seats during a whiteout stick out like a sore thumb. Less so w/ a blackout. This is also why Ohio State favors blackouts, I'm sure 😉

Last edited:
It makes sense that some on the message board are complaining about a black out not knowing that Penn States original colors were black and pink because Wrestling has only been around since 2010.

It makes sense that some on the message board are complaining about a black out not knowing that Penn States original colors were black and pink because Wrestling has only been around since 2010.
Not in ANY of our lifetimes have our colors been black and pink, or our parents. Having said that, since I'll never be able to wear black and pink EVER again, I'm wearing a black hoodie and a black Missouri Athletic Club t-shirt.

When I made the post, I was fully aware of the black/pink history. Just don’t feel like spending extra money on black shirt to participate. I have enough PSU wrestling attire; don’t feel the need to buy more just to take part in what I think is a silly promotion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT