ADVERTISEMENT

Blake Corum out for the rest of the year

I hate UM with every fiber but kid is very decent. A father ran a landscaping business to support family. I hope he recovers and has a good career in pros.

That said, Edwards has a cast on hand. If PU can cover unike OSU then this game gets interesting.

Nobody seems to mention that Ohio State played the entire season without a player who was on every 1st team preseason all-American team and was considered a Heisman favorite and played a bunch of games without another player who likewise was on almost every 1st team preseason all-American team.

What would most any other team's season have looked like had they played without two players that were considered the absolute best at their position in all of college football going into the season?

What teams could, depth chart wise, handle such a scenario? .....and still probably make the CFP?
Bama, Georgia? Maybe Clemson?

What teams could, depth chart wise, handle such a scenario? .....and still probably make the CFP?
The only time I have ever seen such a thing like that was when Jalen Waddle was the #1 alpha WR at Bama gets a season ending injury and WR#2 goes on to win the Heisman trophy. Pretty amazing.
I'll say this, if Caleb Williams win the Heisman the world will need to understand that quarterback recruits will only be available to the rest of college football that Lincoln Riley doesn't want.

Nobody seems to mention that Ohio State played the entire season without a player who was on every 1st team preseason all-American team and was considered a Heisman favorite and played a bunch of games without another player who likewise was on almost every 1st team preseason all-American team.

What would most any other team's season have looked like had they played without two players that were considered the absolute best at their position in all of college football going into the season?

You mean sorta like Micah Parsons and Journey Brown might have been for Penn State in 2020. One can only wonder what we may have looked like with them, in a normal, non-covid season. And with out them....not so good. That's a big hit for any team, and I agree, few programs, except maybe a few elite, could be as dominant without them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT