ADVERTISEMENT

Heard on Sports radio in Dayton area today (re: Michigan)

lol--I provide a link the other day for FPI but I'm not going to handhold either.
If I say "in an article" I provide the article. I provide links all the time
Just accept I'm right a lot and it bothers you because that means you're wrong. You'll feel so much better.

th

lol--I provide a link the other day for FPI but I'm not going to handhold either.
If I say "in an article" I provide the article. I provide links all the time
Just accept I'm right a lot and it bothers you because that means you're wrong. You'll feel so much better.

What link did you provide on fpi? Was it the one that says that schedule is part of the calculation?

nah, pretty sure you're a grammer nazi on the reg, you just have that scent....i don't post links because somebody asks me, i gave you the location, stop being lazy...i mean, it's possible you came up with that same boorish take, birds of a feather and all..i don't care if you hate harbaugh or not, nor if you hate UM or not....your take was simplistic that's all, not mad at you bro....

"Grammer"? You did it again.

Haha! Sorry, man, couldn't resist.

No seriously, I'm closing on 8000 posts over many years here, and that was maybe the 3rd time ever I've pinged anyone for spelling or grammar. The other two times, as I recall, the target was Lafayette Bear whose shtick is doing that very thing to other posters, so I thought he deserved a taste of his own medicine.

In any case, no, I didn't plagiarize anything...and you still haven't addressed the substantive points of my posts.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
"Grammer"? You did it again.

Haha! Sorry, man, couldn't resist.

No seriously, I'm closing on 8000 posts over many years here, and that was maybe the 3rd time ever I've pinged anyone for spelling or grammar. The other two times, as I recall, the target was Lafayette Bear whose shtick is doing that very thing to other posters, so I thought he deserved a taste of his own medicine.

In any case, no, I didn't plagiarize anything...and you still haven't addressed the substantive points of my posts.
hard to dispute an opinion...what part of your post was proven fact?..just an opinion, nothing more..pretty much yelling get off my lawn guy..

hard to dispute an opinion...what part of your post was proven fact?..just an opinion, nothing more..pretty much yelling get off my lawn guy..

Thought you'd enjoy the linked piece on Mike Farrell's site...a place for a lot of informative and objective commentary on college football.

Outside the Maize and Blue bubble, most observers understand how serious Michigan's violations were and why the NCAA must come down hard on the program in order to retain any credibility at all.

Danny Kanell's take a few days ago is typical and the same as that expressed in the Farrell article.

>>I wanted to hear more details before really having a strong opinion on what Michigan did. But it's clear: They clearly cheated. They have been blatantly lying about the extent of it. They deserve harsh punishment. The entire Harbaugh era at Michigan is tainted.<<

Meanwhile, you and your Wolverine friends respond by clapping your hands over your ears and repeatedly chanting: I'm not listening...I'm not listening...I'm not listening.

This whole thing has been a disaster for Michigan. Harbaugh bolted ahead of the posse, and you guys are left with a national championship that everyone knows is tainted. Longer-term, that title is not going to be worth the price you paid to win it.

Thought you'd enjoy the linked piece on Mike Farrell's site...a place for a lot of informative and objective commentary on college football.

Outside the Maize and Blue bubble, most observers understand how serious Michigan's violations were and why the NCAA must come down hard on the program in order to retain any credibility at all.

Danny Kanell's take a few days ago is typical and the same as that expressed in the Farrell article.

>>I wanted to hear more details before really having a strong opinion on what Michigan did. But it's clear: They clearly cheated. They have been blatantly lying about the extent of it. They deserve harsh punishment. The entire Harbaugh era at Michigan is tainted.<<

Meanwhile, you and your Wolverine friends respond by clapping your hands over your ears and repeatedly chanting: I'm not listening...I'm not listening...I'm not listening.

This whole thing has been a disaster for Michigan. Harbaugh bolted ahead of the posse, and you guys are left with a national championship that everyone knows is tainted. Longer-term, that title is not going to be worth the price you paid to win it.

I wish you were right.

But nothing major will.🤬

• Love
Reactions: CanGeeB

This article nails it. If the NCAA has any shred of integrity left they will come down hard on Michigan

The NCAA if they have any shred of integrity left will drop the hammer on these arrogant cheaters. At minimum, vacate all wins for the last three years and bowl/playoff ban for 2024 & 2025. The NCAA needs to act forcefully.

The NCAA if they have any shred of integrity left will drop the hammer on these arrogant cheaters. At minimum, vacate all wins for the last three years and bowl/playoff ban for 2024 & 2025. The NCAA needs to act forcefully.
30 years ago you may have gotten that. Even 20 years ago. With what the NCAA is today I just don't see how any of that is a realistic outcome. Wanting it is great buy if you think anything less than that isn't acceptable you might as well just be angry now. It's inevitable

A potential indication that Michigan thinks that a great deal of dirt has been uncovered is that Sherrone Moore has been working under a memorandum of understanding and not a contract according to a post on mgo blog.

The direct answer is both. The additional point to be made is that even bare bone minimum standards of integrity mean nothing to harbaugh or Michigan.
But we know that--right? We literally all know that. Integrity clearly meant nothing.
He gains nothing from taking accountability. I'm fine with saying he's smug, he is, but this isn't a great example of that.

A potential indication that Michigan thinks that a great deal of dirt has been uncovered is that Sherrone Moore has been working under a memorandum of understanding and not a contract according to a post on mgo blog.
Seriously, how would a contract change anything?

One has nothing to do with the other.

I don’t know anything about the contract negotiations but I thought the recent interview with Michigan’s AD was more telling.

He was clearly preparing the Michigan faithful to buckle up for some sanctions. Exactly what sanctions no one knows but he pretty much said he wasn’t taking the blame for the violations of others and that UM would have to accept responsibility for any rules broken.

It was a statement far removed from the brashness and bravado shown by UM officials during the end of the season last year.

Seriously, how would a contract change anything?
I believe you stated that you were a lawyer in the past. The fact that Moore did a good job last year filling in for Harbaugh, and Michigan wants him to coach this year, but doesn't give him a contract, is indicative that Michigan is afraid Moore won't be available because of NCAA rules. Really strange to have someone who is essentially operating something like a $50 Million or $100 million business with no contract. I am a lawyer and if I wanted a coach I would put him under contract. If I didn't think he was worthy of a contract, I would get another coach. Also, I didn't add this to original post but original memo of understanding has expired but according to Michigan post, it is still being honored. {informally]

I believe you stated that you were a lawyer in the past. The fact that Moore did a good job last year filling in for Harbaugh, and Michigan wants him to coach this year, but doesn't give him a contract, is indicative that Michigan is afraid Moore won't be available because of NCAA rules. Really strange to have someone who is essentially operating something like a $50 Million or $100 million business with no contract. I am a lawyer and if I wanted a coach I would put him under contract. If I didn't think he was worthy of a contract, I would get another coach. Also, I didn't add this to original post but original memo of understanding has expired but according to Michigan post, it is still being honored. {informally]
nice try....of all the new coaches, including moore in his new capacity, only wink martindale has his contract complete and signed...so, is this where you claim that all the new coaches are also thought to be not "available"?..keep making stuff up 🤡

Last edited:

so your "proof" is an article that has quotes from danny kanell?... 🤡...and the author is a former professional gambler, so, still waiting for facts and not angry third parties that haven't seen any of the supposed evidence..

.of all the new coaches, including moore in his new capacity, only wink martindale has his contract complete and signed...
Silly. Michigan won't sign assistants to a contract unless they know who the head coach will be. Head coach will want to appoint his own assistants. Your point just strengthens my point. Thanks.

Last edited:
You realize any contract would have terms in it protecting Michigan pending the investigation. So no it doesn't mean anything. Plus Moore has no leverage. We all know exactly why he was given the role.

They offered him a contract but because of the NCAA penalty language in it he won't sign it. Can be fired without cause if the NCAA penalizes him for any level 1 violation and they know that's coming.

They offered him a contract but because of the NCAA penalty language in it he won't sign it. Can be fired without cause if the NCAA penalizes him for any level 1 violation and they know that's coming.
Interesting. I haven’t read that anywhere. You have a link by chance?

Reactions: CanGeeB and PSU4U
No I have a contact.
Haha you always have a contact that doesn't make sense. Read through the Big Ten Expansion thread and how you drastically altered the inside info.

Explain how him refusing to sign the contract benefits him if they get sanctions....legally

I also love the fake "I have a contact for everything" people when they're always wrong

You realize any contract would have terms in it protecting Michigan pending the investigation. So no it doesn't mean anything. Plus Moore has no leverage. We all know exactly why he was given the role.
It may have terms to protect the university but unexpected things can happen. A long time ago Ohio State fired basketball coach Gary Williams for recruiting violations which appeared clear to me, but Williams sued for breach of contract and won. Also, the lack of a contract is a very serious obstacle for recruiting young players who don't know who their coach will be in two or three years.

It may have terms to protect the university but unexpected things can happen. A long time ago Ohio State fired basketball coach Gary Williams for recruiting violations which appeared clear to me, but Williams sued for breach of contract and won. Also, the lack of a contract is a very serious obstacle for recruiting young players who don't know who their coach will be in two or three years.
Again, it would have had specific terms in the deal that would have specifically called this investigation out. Unless Ohio State specifically called out recruiting violations (considering almost every team has some) it would make sense that Williams would be paid. Michigan isn't the same situation.

Also, and maybe I'm not recalling correctly because that was the late 80s or early 90s--but I'm 90% sure Williams was hired by Maryland from Ohio State--I don't recall him being fired

lawyer says lawyers can't write a contract to protect UM...37 year old coach without experience lands a plum job at a blueblood coming off natty, but he somehow has the leverage to refuse contract terms...lol.... 🤡

Again, it would have had specific terms in the deal that would have specifically called this investigation out. Unless Ohio State specifically called out recruiting violations (considering almost every team has some) it would make sense that Williams would be paid. Michigan isn't the same situation.

Also, and maybe I'm not recalling correctly because that was the late 80s or early 90s--but I'm 90% sure Williams was hired by Maryland from Ohio State--I don't recall him being fired
I got the coach wrong. It was James O'Brien and he was fired for lending $6,000 to a recruit. Court ruled that the breach of contract was not material.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT