ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Brady Berge returning to Penn State to finish career

I was just talking to a couple of guys about Berge when watching him coach the 174 lb. kid from SDSU. I really did comment that he must be working out hard because he doesn't have that 15 lb. extra roll nearly every wrestler gets once retired. He could go 157 or 165 I'm guessing if he needed. A healthy Berge would be a tough out at either weight.

I'm tempering my expectations for him but this makes me emotional in many ways beyond NCAA points. Brady's last memory of wrestling shouldn't be getting carried off the mat.
From a fathers perspective who’s son wasn’t able to finish his college baseball career due to injuries, this is fantastic for Brady to go out on his own terms. Regardless of how he does, ( we all want him to go out and dominate) I hope he can really enjoy the ride!

F$#@ yeah!!!!!

I was really starting to like Negron but his story is far from over.

IMO this basically brings it down to PSU vs Covid. That is the only opponent that can derail this train.

A month or two ago, I half heartedly joked about us chasing Brady down and dragging him out of retirement. Happy New Year!

I would've put the odds of Todrank transferring in, and beating Nolf in the room, above this news. Wow, this is wild and exciting.

• Haha
Reactions: PSUbluTX
I'm kind of shocked but maybe Brady's injury wasn't as bad as it looked. Some mentioned maybe a bucket handle tear? I know Mendez had that and was competing pretty quickly at worlds. Some say the worst feeling injuries aren't the longest recovery.

I just happened to be over at tHR and saw it there first — when I saw the thread title, my first thought was that @js8793 was trying to one-up me after my Grandpa Mike shenanigans yesterday, lol.

This is some welcome news, for sure (as much as I love what Negron brings to the party).
Lol. I was there too when I first saw this. JS quick on the draw for sure. Of course, I couldn't leave without being a smartass. Ha

I don't know if it's particularly realistic to expect him to come back and be at an AA level, especially coming back so late in the season. But it does sound like he's in pretty shape and Berge has always been super sound technically and positionally. My understanding from some quick conversations is that he'll be at 157, As people have said above, it's just a really nice opportunity for a kid who, from my experience, has always been super pleasant and respectful even given all the bad luck he's been dealt.

Only a gif will do here. I welcome other giffers to add to this

giphy.gif

Lol. I was there too when I first saw this. JS quick on the draw for sure. Of course, I couldn't leave without being a smartass. Ha
Another poster here, davidtaylorsomething, started a thread on Berge coming back. I clicked on his thread and got the oops page. Thought he was effin around. Refreshed and this thread was up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT