ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Brady Berge returning to Penn State to finish career

What incredible news. I think I can safely say....we all love Brady. That concussion was heartbreaking....as was the injury. It seemed that after the concussion that Brady was pretty stoic on the mat. I am really looking to a Brady that smiles and lets it fly. Team Points etc. are secondary for me. Have fun. Stay healthy. Enjoy the ride. Damned I'm smiling :). When Brady takes the mat.......the crowd is going to go Nucking Futs

Last edited:
yeah-muito-bem.gif

i take solace in the fact that once a kid quits the sport he can never regain that love and reach his full potential, right @johnstownsteel? 😉

in all seriousness, the worst part of this is i have to root against him. good story. good for brady.
You can root for your wrestler to win, but at least root for this fine young man to stay healthy and finish his career on his own terms. Brady has been a class act from day one and his coach at SDSU deserves great respect for giving him this chance and holding his job open.

I hope Iowa suffers no more injuries. I especially hope to see Kem wrestle healthy. This is a sport where there is no where hide when you're on the mat and it's all on each wrestler to do a gut check each match. If we root for Penn State, let's show the team the same class Cael expects from them.

i take solace in the fact that once a kid quits the sport he can never regain that love and reach his full potential, right @johnstownsteel? 😉

in all seriousness, the worst part of this is i have to root against him. good story. good for brady.
I agree 100 percent! It’s hard to get it back. With Brady though, I don’t think he ever lost his love for the sport. I think he felt his body (or head) was the reason he needed to step away. And yes, if I were you, I’d root against him too. But I know you only root for him to lose not be reinjured. That I’m sure is as big a concern for you as it is for us PSU fans.

Awesome news !!
Glad to have you back, Brady !

Q: Does Berge have to pay back whatever salary he earned during his short stay coaching at SDSU? Or is there an NIL angle at play here ?

(I mean, this is why we have the Slush Fund… For these little technicalities. :cool:

Ok a few things…

I keep scrolling thinking this is a joke and got to the end. Nothing.

Can we create a task force that searches ex-PSU wrestlers on the student directory?

Reactions: Dogwelder
Several Iowa fans on HR are, expectedly, having a spelling-error-riddled-hissy-fit over this. Man, I want to like them as “rival” fans but it’s so hard not to be embarrassed for them instead.

Several Iowa fans on HR are, expectedly, having a spelling-error-riddled-hissy-fit over this. Man, I want to like them as “rival” fans but it’s so hard not to be embarrassed for them instead.

Reactions: danoftw
I agree 100 percent! It’s hard to get it back. With Brady though, I don’t think he ever lost his love for the sport. I think he felt his body (or head) was the reason he needed to step away. And yes, if I were you, I’d root against him too. But I know you only root for him to lose not be reinjured. That I’m sure is as big a concern for you as it is for us PSU fans.
Injury aside Brady and Hildy are on essentially the same recovery track.

Is it possible he was stI’ll taking classes at Penn State in the world campus while coaching at SDSU?

posted for the 1st time ever on HR and made a fool of myself. Also learned something. Volunteer Assistant Coaches get paid. I’m sure they have it all figured it out, but I do wonder how that all works itself out with Berge getting paid these last few months to coach.

(side note: as I typed this, I found I can’t use “BB” any more for Beau Bartlett when I starting typing it for Brady Berge.)

Reactions: gptakba
You can root for your wrestler to win, but at least root for this fine young man to stay healthy and finish his career on his own terms. Brady has been a class act from day one and his coach at SDSU deserves great respect for giving him this chance and holding his job open.

I hope Iowa suffers no more injuries. I especially hope to see Kem wrestle healthy. This is a sport where there is no where hide when you're on the mat and it's all on each wrestler to do a gut check each match. If we root for Penn State, let's show the team the same class Cael expects from them.
that’s a given of course! i hope he finishes healthy. i would even love to see him aa as long as his points don’t win psu the title. i’m going need a few of your other guys to do their part, be the good guys, and tank at ncaa’s so i can root for brady.

posted for the 1st time ever on HR and made a fool of myself. Also learned something. Volunteer Assistant Coaches get paid. I’m sure they have it all figured it out, but I do wonder how that all works itself out with Berge getting paid these last few months to coach.

(side note: as I typed this, I found I can’t use “BB” any more for Beau Bartlett when I starting typing it for Brady Berge.)
Cael breaking out the ‘Ol double barrel BB gun.:cool:

that’s a given of course! i hope he finishes healthy. i would even love to see him aa as long as his points don’t win psu the title. i’m going need a few of your other guys to do their part, be the good guys, and tank at ncaa’s so i can root for brady.
For what Brady Berge has been through with the knee and concussion and to come back, I hope Rec Hall gives him a standing ovation the likes of which have rarely been seen.

If I was Brady, this would have been on my mind for a long while and I’d have been secretly preparing my body and my gas tank for this opportunity for months. Definitely helps him come to turns with his wrestling career ending so suddenly, helps right some wrongs (injuries) and no matter what makes him even more of a nittany lion warrior.

McPat made a good point over on HR. Wasn’t he a volunteer coach?
Good point / complete idiot. It’s a fine line. Apparently “volunteer” assistant coaches get paid. I wasn’t sure if I should believe them but the internet says it’s true.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Cael breaking out the ‘Ol double barrel BB gun.:cool:
We need someone artistic to make the PSU version of the Killer B’s

Last edited:
Can't ask for more. Hope you love the wrestling at the NCAA Championships even when the results don't go your way!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT