ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Brady Berge returning to Penn State to finish career

This can only help SDSU recruiting IMO. People will be talking about this for a while, especially if Brady does well and helps seal Cael’s first of four straight National championships....AGAIN!!!! !!!! !!!!

Reactions: ccdiver
Berge in the news:

Collegian:

Onward State:

Victory Bellrings:

Holy crap took a break from forum for a couple hours. So odd to see your singlet at the scuffle being used. This must of been in the works for some time. Might of wrestled at scuffle then decided against. Welcome back Brady!!

Here you go:

4306950.jpg

The fan side of me is like ...

But gotta confess that the dad side of me is really nervous for Brady's health. Not so much the knee, but the dangers with post-concussion syndrome. As much as I hated to see him go, I was relieved that we wouldn't have to see him suffer the kind of injury that could threaten his quality of life. Here's to hoping (and praying!) that Brady is able to fulfill his dreams safely.

The HR Berge Thread is longer than ours. Funny.

Crazy rivalry aside, how can you not be ecstatic for Brady? His career ended a bit tragically. Just seeing him in blue and white again, finishing his career on his terms is my reward. Any points he gets is secondary. Plus, I guarantee his points will not be the difference, we had this thing pre-Berge. His presence is it's own reward.

The HR Berge Thread is longer than ours. Funny.

Crazy rivalry aside, how can you not be ecstatic for Brady? His career ended a bit tragically. Just seeing him in blue and white again, finishing his career on his terms is my reward. Any points he gets is secondary. Plus, I guarantee his points will not be the difference, we had this thing pre-Berge. His presence is it's own reward.

To be fair, half the posts are pablum from @jrjt0158.

j_CAna.gif

I was just talking to a couple of guys about Berge when watching him coach the 174 lb. kid from SDSU. I really did comment that he must be working out hard because he doesn't have that 15 lb. extra roll nearly every wrestler gets once retired. He could go 157 or 165 I'm guessing if he needed. A healthy Berge would be a tough out at either weight.

Great point. We're assuming 157 but 165 might be a better weight for him. Wasn't it the U23s where he was at 74kg and looked the best he ever had?

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT