ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Nick Cross to Maryland

giphy.gif

Good luck to him, especially against OSU and UM. Putting this out there in advance of the usual statement about respecting his decision and don't be a hater. Really don't think this is the best move for him but guess his high school coach was highly influential in the decision.

i actually feel for the kid as its clear he wanted to go to FSU but his parents didnt support it

Reactions: bison13
I'm guessing and maybe someone will know that he must be under the age of 18 which is why his parents can hold it up.

So my guess is that we will see him in the portal next year and transferring to FSU, which seems to be the school that he want to go to all along.

Reactions: step.eng69
Good luck to him, especially against OSU and UM. Putting this out there in advance of the usual statement about respecting his decision and don't be a hater. Really don't think this is the best move for him but guess his high school coach was highly influential in the decision.

Good luck vs UM, tOSU, and especially PSU, which has beaten Maryland 4 straight, while scoring 173 points in those games. Hell, Maryland hasn’t scored a TD vs PSU in over 10 quarters. Franklin owns Maryland.

The one thing we know for sure is that he definitely did NOT want to come to PSU. This was one of the strangest recruitments I've seen in a while.

Wish him the best of luck. A really tough situation since he clearly wanted to go to FSU, but his parents clearly had reservations about the program down there (for good reason). Appears Maryland is the compromise.

Just didn't want to go to PSU for whatever reason.

Wish him the best of luck. A really tough situation since he clearly wanted to go to FSU, but his parents clearly had reservations about the program down there (for good reason). Appears Maryland is the compromise.

Perfectly stated. MD is such an odd choice.

A post signing day + 5 is unusual, but i can see the pressure to join his high school coach as the determining factor.

Reactions: BBrown
i actually feel for the kid as its clear he wanted to go to FSU but his parents didnt support it

I can see the disagreement but eating at McDonalds as the compromise between two high end steak houses is strange.

It’s like having a choice between a basset hound and a golden and instead going with one of those close-shaven between the head and the tail poodles!

I mean UMD is like 1 mile from his HS and he has former coaches (I think) on staff there, so it's not THAT weird. It's only weird in that he could have gone to a top 25 program and opted not to.

OBVIOUSLY wanted to live at home with Mom and Dad.....wait, never mind.

I'm guessing and maybe someone will know that he must be under the age of 18 which is why his parents can hold it up.

So my guess is that we will see him in the portal next year and transferring to FSU, which seems to be the school that he want to go to all along.
Not true on age. Under 21 needs parents signature.

PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN SIGNATURE REQUIRED: A prospective student-athlete's parent/legal guardian must cosign the NLI with the prospective student-athlete if he or she has not reached the age of 21. The prospective student-athlete and parent/legal guardian do not have to sign the NLI on the same day but do have to sign the NLI within the 7-day signing deadline.The signature can be an electronic or digital signature.

http://www.nationalletter.org/documentLibrary/administrativeGuidelines.pdf

I can see the disagreement but eating at McDonalds as the compromise between two high end steak houses is strange.

Remember, Nick Cross is a 17 year old KID. If he wants to do something, but his parents say No and they tell him to do something else instead, then its common for a KID to lash out at their parents and say "No, I'm not doing what you want me to do." That is what happened to Penn State in the Nick Cross situation.

The one thing we know for sure is that he definitely did NOT want to come to PSU. This was one of the strangest recruitments I've seen in a while.
I saw somewhere on here that his folks wanted PSU .If that was true then I could see why that would be the last place he would want to go.Wish him well at maryland.Looks like a great get for them.Who knows maybe he stays there.

Reservations about the Seminoles?

:eek:

Reactions: MICH.Nit Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT