ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Nick Cross to Maryland

Reservations about the Seminoles?

:eek:

i2yYun3.gif

He obviously was dead set against coming to PSU for whatever reason. Now let’s move on to 2020!

To 2020 and the transfer portal. I look for CJF to bring in a couple of Grad Transfers this Spring..... Why not, with scholarships available. And for most of them having 1 year of eligibility remaining it does not affect the 2020 class....

I'm guessing and maybe someone will know that he must be under the age of 18 which is why his parents can hold it up.

So my guess is that we will see him in the portal next year and transferring to FSU, which seems to be the school that he want to go to all along.
Not true on age. Under 21 needs parents signature.

PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN SIGNATURE REQUIRED: A prospective student-athlete's parent/legal guardian must cosign the NLI with the prospective student-athlete if he or she has not reached the age of 21. The prospective student-athlete and parent/legal guardian do not have to sign the NLI on the same day but do have to sign the NLI within the 7-day signing deadline.The signature can be an electronic or digital signature.

http://www.nationalletter.org/documentLibrary/administrativeGuidelines.pdf

Thanks for the info. So the next question is can he transfer next year and sign a letter of intent without his parents next year.

Not true on age. Under 21 needs parents signature.

PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN SIGNATURE REQUIRED: A prospective student-athlete's parent/legal guardian must cosign the NLI with the prospective student-athlete if he or she has not reached the age of 21. The prospective student-athlete and parent/legal guardian do not have to sign the NLI on the same day but do have to sign the NLI within the 7-day signing deadline.The signature can be an electronic or digital signature.

http://www.nationalletter.org/documentLibrary/administrativeGuidelines.pdf

so these <21 yr old players entering the transfer portal (which will require another signature to go to new school) need parents approval?

If he brings in a Quarterback he's lost me forever

Pretty evident that the QB position on the roster is very deep. 5-deep. Where as the OL roster is about as thin as it's ever been, excluding the sanctions years. 10 scholarship olinemen for Spring practice (8 returning plus Thorpe and Whigan). 12 scholarship Olinemen as of now going into Fall camp. A 2-deep plus two. Still having to include freshman to complete a 2-deep. An 85 player roster is almost a 4 deep across the positions but a 4 deep OL is not a part of college football rosters. But a 3 deep would be 15. But with PSU thin right now on the OL it's a position that CJF will likely try to bring a Grad Transfer in for depth. Maybe Gellerstadt decides to come back which would greatly improve the OT depth.

WR is not quite as thin, but also pretty thin in depth and another position for a GT. Lots of scholarship room to bring in GT players for depth if CJF can find GT's that are willing to come to PSU and compete and that are talented enough to add value to the roster.....

BWI has a nice summary of the OL situation, but did not include Thorpe who is now back with the OL, or mention of Gellerstadt leaving:

https://bwi.rivals.com/news/taking-stock-offensive-line

OFFENSIVE LINE

KEY LOSSES C: Zach Simpson; G:Connor McGovern, Charlie Shuman;
T:Ryan Bates,Sterling Jenkins,Chasz Wright

KEY RETURNEES
C:
Michal Menet, Juice Scruggs;
G: Bryce Effner, Steven Gonzalez, Des Holmes, Mike Miranda
T: Will Fries, Rasheed Walker

NEWCOMERS
Caedan Wallace, Anthony Whigan, Saleem Wormley (enrolled)

Last edited:
Pretty evident that the QB position on the roster is very deep. 5-deep. Where as the OL roster is about as thin as it's ever been, excluding the sanctions years. 9 scholarship olinemen for Spring practice (8 returning plus Whigan). 11 scholarship Olinemen as of now going into Fall camp. A 2-deep plus one. Having to include true freshman to complete a 2-deep. An 85 player roster is almost a 4 deep across the positions but a 4 deep OL is not a part of college football rosters. But PSU is super thin right now on the OL and it's a position that CJF will likely try to bring a Grad Transfer in for depth. WR is not quite as thin, but also pretty thin in depth and another position for a GT. Lots of scholarship room to bring in GT players for depth if CJF can find GT's that are willing to come to PSU and compete and that are talented enough to add value to the roster.....

BWI has a nice summary of the OL situation:

https://bwi.rivals.com/news/taking-stock-offensive-line

OFFENSIVE LINE

KEY LOSSES C: Zach Simpson; G:Connor McGovern, Charlie Shuman;
T:Ryan Bates,Sterling Jenkins,Chasz Wright

KEY RETURNEES
C:
Michal Menet, Juice Scruggs;
G: Bryce Effner, Steven Gonzalez, Des Holmes, Mike Miranda
T: Will Fries, Rasheed Walker

NEWCOMERS
Caedan Wallace, Anthony Whigan, Saleem Wormley (enrolled)

I love Franklin, but being -4 in the incoming/outgoing OL ratio is inexcusable. 12 scholarship OL is simply not enough. Gellerstdat was the only surprise, so there was plenty of time to adjust the focus. Moving Thorpe back helps, but we're going to need 6 at least OL in this class, 4 of whom project to OT

I love Franklin, but being -4 in the incoming/outgoing OL ratio is inexcusable. 12 scholarship OL is simply not enough. Gellerstdat was the only surprise, so there was plenty of time to adjust the focus. Moving Thorpe back helps, but we're going to need 6 at least OL in this class, 4 of whom project to OT

Yep, getting Thorpe back on the OL solidifies the interior for 2019 pretty much. I also look for a large OL class within the 2020 class, at least 5 with at least 3 OT's....

I believe only Gonzalez is out of eligibility after 2019, but who knows how many others may move on under the new rules....

The 247 portal tracking page shows Gellerstedt as not finding a new home yet, so he may be a candidate to rejoin the team for Spring practice. College football rosters have never been is such a state of flux......

Last edited:
Yep, getting Thorpe back on the OL solidifies the interior for 2019 pretty much. I also look for a large OL class within the 2020 class, around 5 with at least 3 OT's....

I believe only Gonzalez is out of eligibility after 2019, but who knows how many other may move on under the new rules....

The 247 portal tracking page shows Gellerstedt as not finding a new home yet, so he may be a candidate to rejoin the team for Spring practice. College football rosters have never been is such a state of flux......

He transferred to UVA

Reactions: GregInPitt

247 has their final recruiting day podcast up with Fitz and Tyler. Its very good and very in depth and talks a good bit about the next class and they both believe Franklin will go very heavy on the OL and specifically OT position and I think 6 was the number they mentioned as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT