ADVERTISEMENT

Football BREAKING: Penn State WR KeAndre Lambert-Smith enters transfer portal

Well obviously this is a major setback for Rip E to Joe Pa 😂. In all seriousness though, I think we can replace him with what is in house, rather than the portal. It makes sense to look at the portal though just in case. He was a locker room cancer and Franklin removed the tumor.

Reactions: ncgolfer
I'm not so certain the WR room is the worst in the Big 10 (Iowa is out there and they set back football by about 75 years last season), but definitely the worst amongst teams expected to compete for the conference title.

I would say Kimber, Collins, Tracy, Washington are all possible out of the CB room. Kimber likely pulls a Duck if he doesn't earn #2 spot. The 5th guy in the rotation of the other 3 probably doesn't stay either. Lion position being filled by S means you need that depth there more.

Mills is probably gone. Payne probably too if he doesn't beat out another safety.

LB will see attrition with it being a 2 man starting unit. Wylie, hurt or not, I could see going.

WR will be an exodus. Flowers, Johnson, Ivey, Taylor to go along with KLS are very likely. Evans/McClain possibly the 3rd stringer here. Meiga probably has his degree and can go easier than any.

Maybe yall are tip toeing because premium, but names are obvious if you play the reasons.

Good riddance. The drama and toxicity he brings simply isn't worth it.
Franklin cultivates a "family" atmosphere to attract recruits and their families so no amount of drama and toxicity is worth it or acceptable. Franklin should have given him his walking papers a week or two ago. And really, maybe he did. Franklin said he'll only speak about players that are "there" when interviewed at the B/W game Saturday. I.e. on the team. So Franklin, for all we know, may have let the team know that KLS was off the team a week or more ago, and then he let KLS make his announcement that he was in the portal after the B/W weekend.

Either way, he was and is now officially for the public, GONE. And I'm hoping that's the last we hear of him and the last real drama this Spring. Their will be others entering the portal this Spring and Summer, but most likely not starters. and without the drama.

i wish the kid the best of luck and appreciate he came to play at PSU. But when I saw him do that fake pulled hamstring thing in the Rose Bowl I began to wonder what he is thinking. I recall the entire training staff stopped celebrating and sprinted toward the end zone. To me that showed a startling lack of maturity. So lets hope he improves with this, and other, experiences.

i wish the kid the best of luck and appreciate he came to play at PSU. But when I saw him do that fake pulled hamstring thing in the Rose Bowl I began to wonder what he is thinking. I recall the entire training staff stopped celebrating and sprinted toward the end zone. To me that showed a startling lack of maturity. So lets hope he improves with this, and other, experiences.
He basically ruined a great play with that childish crap. As Joe said, act like you've been there.

GLOhacaXQAAFboa

Reactions: WIP2001
shouldn't we respect his decision????
Absolutely. But was it his decision? Either way it's a win-win. He gets to shine at a 2nd tier program(highly doubtful any power 4 top 25 team wants that cancer), and the room removed it's cancer.

Well obviously this is a major setback for Rip E to Joe Pa 😂. In all seriousness though, I think we can replace him with what is in house, rather than the portal. It makes sense to look at the portal though just in case. He was a locker room cancer and Franklin removed the tumor.
Overall, it's addition by subtraction. Good that his attitude has left the building

Reactions: Delcolion915
You are a Jack Off which is a setback to your spouse. You lack reading comprehension skills which is also a disappointment to your old kindergarten teacher. 😆 In all seriousness though, keep putting words in Franklins mouth that he never said.. you're good at that.

Last edited:
Really watched Drew Saturday not sure if it’s all on the receivers , he really is starting to remind me of Hackenburg can’t hit long passes can’t hit short passes just plays stiff all the time not sure if he is the man

Really watched Drew Saturday not sure if it’s all on the receivers , he really is starting to remind me of Hackenburg can’t hit long passes can’t hit short passes just plays stiff all the time not sure if he is the man
Well we know who ISN'T the man, Lambert-Smith. He's gone. Addition by subtraction. He will be fine in the MAC or the Sunbelt I'm sure.

Reactions: marshall23
Just in case? Our wr room is a nightmare

Miami and WVU have been mentioned. (Delco would piss his pants all summer if he hooked up with the Eers (tic)). Teams that have the potential to throw the deep 🏈 someplace inside the stadium. 😆.

Last edited:
Miami and WVU have been mentioned. (Delco would piss his pants all summer if he hooked up with the Eers). Teams that have the potential to throw the deep 🏈 someplace inside the stadium. 😆.
Neers QB isn’t throwing deep

Reactions: Obliviax
He needs to go somewhere where he can be a true #2, hell, maybe even a #3. He can't shake man coverage very well and he doesn't recover from it enough to make his speed viable. He doesn't seem to have the route tree ability of a true slot guy either.

He's limited, but he was probably the best we had last year until *poof* vanished. A new start could do us all good.

According to TOS, Auburn, GA, Tamu, CO, WVU all have been in contact.

He needs to go somewhere where he can be a true #2, hell, maybe even a #3. He can't shake man coverage very well and he doesn't recover from it enough to make his speed viable. He doesn't seem to have the route tree ability of a true slot guy either.

He's limited, but he was probably the best we had last year until *poof* vanished. A new start could do us all good.
The only WR in PSU history to take a pass 80 yards for a TD and he did it twice. Hell he was wide open behind coverage and was checked off too early. And he did this with ZERO other wideouts to make it easier to do. It is none of my business where he goes or what he does but I wish him well wherever he goes and I completely understand his frustrations as watching that shit show of an offense last year I was as frustrated as he was if not more!

Last edited:
Reactions: lazydave841

If that is the case then maybe the problem is PSU not having a legit #1 and KLS should still be here.

Reactions: lazydave841
I didn’t see the second half but totally disagree with your assessment for the first half. He was much better stepping into his throws on short to medium passes. Don’t think Dan Marino would have had much success throwing deep passes in the wind conditions. Pribula unfortunately demonstrated that he is a good running QB. The kid threw 25 TDs and only 2 picks as a first year starter. Does he have room to improve: of course. But the WRs are a real problem. Don’t see any Godwins, Dotsons let alone Marvin Harrisons or Egbukas on this roster.

The only WR in PSU history to take a pass 80 yards for a TD and he did it twice. Hell he was wide open behind coverage and was checked off too early. And he did this with ZERO other wideouts to make it easier to do. It is none of my business where he goes or what he does but I wish him well wherever he goes and I completely understand his frustrations as watching that shit show of an offense last year I was as frustrated as he was.

Daniel George took one for 95, but I understand your stance. He did have Tinsley in the bowl game IIRC.

I would say the blame lies somewhere in the middle of both sides. It's irrelevant now; as long as he doesn't go to a school we play, I'll cheer him on.

If that is the case then maybe the problem is PSU not having a legit #1 and KLS should still be here.

Perhaps so. If the NIL rumors are true, it sounds like Fleming getting the car deal rubbed him wrong. Which is fine, it's his prerogative.

He reminds me of a kid we wanted out of HS and the portal last year: Prather. A solid #2/#3 guy who will have nice stats in the right offense, but probably isn't a #1 guy.

You scheme for who you have though.

Daniel George took one for 95, but I understand your stance. He did have Tinsley in the bowl game IIRC.

I would say the blame lies somewhere in the middle of both sides. It's irrelevant now; as long as he doesn't go to a school we play, I'll cheer him on.

Perhaps so. If the NIL rumors are true, it sounds like Fleming getting the car deal rubbed him wrong. Which is fine, it's his prerogative.

He reminds me of a kid we wanted out of HS and the portal last year: Prather. A solid #2/#3 guy who will have nice stats in the right offense, but probably isn't a #1 guy.

You scheme for who you have though.
He should have gotten NIL. He is not the only player that didn't on this team and should have. BYW... what accomplishments did Fleming achieve to merit NIL. PSU, we have been told, does not give out NIL until a player is on the team and contributing ... Which doesn't apply to transfers who have contributed nothing but were fan favorite 5 stars from years gone by that will mollify Franklin detractors I guess.

PSU needs to get competitive with NIL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT