ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Penn State G Jameel Brown enters Transfer Portal

At this point is there anyone left on the basketball team? ;)

Is there a coach problem here or is this just him cleaning house to bring in his guys?

Last edited:
At this point is there anyone left on the basketball team? ;)

Is there a coach problem here or is this just him cleaning house to bring in his guys?
If we were going to lose 4 guys, those are the 4 that I'd hope to lose. I'd think that would mostly answer your question. Those additional scholarships could really help us.

Reactions: bison13 and psu00
Not sure why people don't get the concept of "trimming the fat". This is what major programs have always done. It's long overdue here.

Reactions: NJPSU
If we were going to lose 4 guys, those are the 4 that I'd hope to lose. I'd think that would mostly answer your question. Those additional scholarships could really help us.
Brown was a shooter but it was ugly when he wasn't hitting. I personally hate to see him go because he was one of the few that stayed last year.

I like the idea of filling positions of need in the portal but I don't like backfilling half the roster. PSU got off to a slow start this past year and we blamed that the team hadn't plated together very long. I hope we don't say that again next season.

P.S. I believe Rhodes told a couple of guys to look elsewhere but I doubt he said that to Lilley & Brown. But it's unlikely that either one of them would have started so maybe they're just looking for more PT.

Not sure why people don't get the concept of "trimming the fat". This is what major programs have always done. It's long overdue here.
Hopefully Ace, Hicks, Kern, and Puff return but we need depth. Lilley & Brown provided that so I consider both of them a loss unless we can get better backups.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Hopefully Ace, Hicks, Kern, and Puff return but we need depth. Lilley & Brown provided that so I consider both of them a loss unless we can get better backups.
I mean, the plan is to improve via the portal but I don't see anyone that's left so far as "a loss"

Brown was a shooter but it was ugly when he wasn't hitting. I personally hate to see him go because he was one of the few that stayed last year.

I like the idea of filling positions of need in the portal but I don't like backfilling half the roster. PSU got off to a slow start this past year and we blamed that the team hadn't plated together very long. I hope we don't say that again next season.

P.S. I believe Rhodes told a couple of guys to look elsewhere but I doubt he said that to Lilley & Brown. But it's unlikely that either one of them would have started so maybe they're just looking for more PT.
Agree, Lilley had improved but ultimately was never going to be more than about a 12 minute a game back up big. Brown was only a spot up shooter and had deficiencies on defense so he was probably about the same spot next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT