ADVERTISEMENT

Brockington returns

Less than a week after Aaron Wheeler announced he would be leaving the Purdue basketball program, Emmanuel Dowuona joins Wheeler in the NCAA Transfer Portal. I wonder if he might follow Coach Shrewsberry to Penn State. He’s a big body at 6’10” who could be backup center but he under achieved at Purdue and was unlikely to see the court much.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Fortunately, it's about Coach Shrewsberry beating on their doors..... All the players have to do is answer the door.
;)

Coach Shrews has a building job to do and it hasn't been made easier by the defection of the team's core. Among other things, absence of a foundation will make it more difficult, not easier, to persuade top transfer candidates to cast their lots with PSU.

Coach Shrews has inherited an unenviable situation. I don't expect to see signs of progress on the court until Year 3, maybe later. If it happens sooner, the man is a miracle worker.

Coach Shrews has a building job to do and it hasn't been made easier by the defection of the team's core. Among other things, absence of a foundation will make it more difficult, not easier, to persuade top transfer candidates to cast their lots with PSU.

Coach Shrews has inherited an unenviable situation. I don't expect to see signs of progress on the court until Year 3, maybe later. If it happens sooner, the man is a miracle worker.
It all depends on what transfers he can add. If he can field a competitive team then the next recruiting cycle will improve. Then add next years transfers and we are in a stable routine. Transfers will allow quick improvement or sudden implosion. Like you said, we just need to get a good foundation and I think we will be ok

It all depends on what transfers he can add. If he can field a competitive team then the next recruiting cycle will improve. Then add next years transfers and we are in a stable routine. Transfers will allow quick improvement or sudden implosion. Like you said, we just need to get a good foundation and I think we will be ok

Of course. To keep it simple, I divide transfers into two types. First group are players who were starters or significant contributors to the programs they are leaving. They're attractive because you know what they bring. As a result they can be a lot pickier where they go.

Second group are players who are leaving because they've been largely relegated to the bench. Harder to evaluate this group.

Guessing that Coach Shrews would rather choose from the first group. There is more competition so they'll be harder to get. In either case, Coach is going to need a fair amount of luck when dipping into the transfer portal. He's got a tough job and I hope people understand that.

I don’t ask for much. If we have even five guys who can tie their own shoelaces and dribble a basketball, it’s been a successful season at Penn State. Anything beyond that is more than we deserve anyway.

This smells like tampering: some P5 school contacted Brockington through back channels and guaranteed him a starting job. That's complete speculation by me vis a vis Brockington, but there's no doubt this kind of tampering has been happening all over the portal.

If it is tampering, PSU could say as much and Brockington would have to sit out a year instead of using the new transfer waiver.

Maybe he learned of someone else that coach Shrewsberry has recruited into the program? I doubt it, but just conjecturing.

Isn’t this where everyone is supposed to get on here and be really happy and hope he kills it at UNC or wherever he ends up? Seems like board protocol.

I just noticed a new icon on my work computer desktop named “portal.” I’m wondering if that’s where I go to put my name in the corporate transfer portal. Anyone else have that icon? Anyone tried it out yet?

I just noticed a new icon on my work computer desktop named “portal.” I’m wondering if that’s where I go to put my name in the corporate transfer portal. Anyone else have that icon? Anyone tried it out yet?

If it's your company issued computer, they could be trying to tell you something.....

:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: TheGLOV and MJG-90
This latest development is why we need more threads and not these mega ones. Busy at work today and wondered why this thread kept getting bumped to the top of the board. I would think Brockington going back into the portal is new thread worthy.
giphy.gif

He's not really in the portal, rumors have it. I hear that UNC illegally recruited him when he wasn't in the portal, so he's going back in to jump. Is this true? Who knows, but if he quickly decides on UNC, I'd say so....

• Haha
Reactions: TheGLOV
Says a lot about Chambers recruiting that two of his commits, that weren’t even the higher profile guys that he landed, could end up at UNC.
Says even more about his coaching ability apparently. If he could recruit like that and still couldn’t even get to the dance....hmmm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT