ADVERTISEMENT

Brockington returns

Not sure what UNC sees in McKoy who contributed very little at UVA. Suppose Brockington would fit their uptempo style but he does not shoot well from 3.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGLOV
Not sure what UNC sees in McKoy who contributed very little at UVA. Suppose Brockington would fit their uptempo style but he does not shoot well from 3.
But he shoots quite well from a step inside the arc. UNC must think they can expand his range a foot or two

Reactions: TheGLOV
This portal stuff is getting ridiculous. How does a coach prepare for a season when his players are coming and going all the time. I’m OK with allowing players to transfer but it seems that some rules need to be established to restore some order to this process. It’s chaotic.

He's not really in the portal, rumors have it. I hear that UNC illegally recruited him when he wasn't in the portal, so he's going back in to jump. Is this true? Who knows, but if he quickly decides on UNC, I'd say so....
What you heard from the premium site and FOS 247! was bogus. Confirmed by Inside Carolina “sources.” Surprised to hear that from PSU site because they never recruited Brockington out of the portal the first time and never recruited him now. North Carolina currently has 7 guys on roster who can play the 2:3 wing position that Brockington plays. No way they would be recruiting him since it’s redundancy on current roster. All Carolina is looking for from portal or 21 high school class is a 5 center who can backup Nacot.

Reactions: bison13 and TheGLOV
You really don’t get it. I LOL’d because I saw your response as being a great comeback to all those people here who give you a hard time about your posts. It was a perfect comeback and I was giving you props for it. <shrugs>
I did not get that from your post....sorry, my bad.

Reactions: LionJim
What you heard from the premium site and FOS 247! was bogus. Confirmed by Inside Carolina “sources.” Surprised to hear that from PSU site because they never recruited Brockington out of the portal the first time and never recruited him now. North Carolina currently has 7 guys on roster who can play the 2:3 wing position that Brockington plays. No way they would be recruiting him since it’s redundancy on current roster. All Carolina is looking for from portal or 21 high school class is a 5 center who can backup Nacot.

If UNC admitted to recruiting him now they'd be admitting tampering.

Reactions: bison13
But he shoots quite well from a step inside the arc. UNC must think they can expand his range a foot or two
Now if they can get him to stop forcing drives to the basket that result in a terrible shot with no foul drawn. That drove me crazy about him.

if he goes to UNC he'll get that foul call.

We’re not going to get that call, ever.

51e85a9ba6b94.image.jpg

This latest development is why we need more threads and not these mega ones. Busy at work today and wondered why this thread kept getting bumped to the top of the board. I would think Brockington going back into the portal is new thread worthy.
Totally agree. I don't have the time or interest to check the recruiting thread every day. I'm not interested in discussions about minute details about various recruits, but I'd like to know when we get a big recruit or there's big news of some sort related to recruiting.

Reactions: Chris92
This latest development is why we need more threads and not these mega ones. Busy at work today and wondered why this thread kept getting bumped to the top of the board. I would think Brockington going back into the portal is new thread worthy.
giphy.gif
Or the OP could just UPDATE the title of the thread to indicate that Brockington is NOT now returning......

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Be fair! Sans Covid, the 2020 team was a lock for the dance.
Of course even then Chambers and the team were making it interesting. Went from a solid lock, to probably a lock....if the season had been a bit longer we might have ended up on the bubble. With all that talent, should have won more games.

Really liked his game, athletic, aggressive player. Hate the portal...until we get a guy that makes me forget that we lost IZB to the portal!

Coach Shrews make haste

Reactions: Ranger Dan
“After much prayer, thought, and consideration, I will return to Penn State. Please respect my decision.”

“No, wait. After more prayer, thought, and consideration, I will re-enter the transfer portal. Please respect my decision.”
"Please respect my hate of us"

Of course even then Chambers and the team were making it interesting. Went from a solid lock, to probably a lock....if the season had been a bit longer we might have ended up on the bubble. With all that talent, should have won more games.

Yep, yep. The team had an awesome month and then the rest of the league figured us out and Chambers had no answer. Everyone remembers that the team was in the top 10 at one point, but forgets that the team ended conference play at 11-9. They were sliding, and if they had been bounced in their first game of the BTT may have fallen to a 7 or 8 seed.

The "slide" coincided with some injuries. That team was top 25 and everyone knows it. A perennial top 25 team can weather having a star or 2 miss games, but that wasnt PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT