ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks non-issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, you mean like the "evidence" that has led to scientific consensus on a wide range of topics in one generation only to be discarded as junk science the next generation?

Turns out perfectly reasonable and sincere humans define "evidence" differently and pick and choose the data points that they think best support their viewpoint and discredit the next guy's.
Science is.....and must be......a self-correcting exercise. New observations, calculations, experiments and analysis should and does lead to new ideas and beliefs. For instance.......I no longer believe the Earth is 6000 years old. I also no longer believe that Kangaroos swam 10,000 miles to keep from drowning in the great flood. :)

Science is.....and must be......a self-correcting exercise. New observations, calculations, experiments and analysis should and does lead to new ideas and beliefs. For instance.......I no longer believe the Earth is 6000 years old. I also no longer believe that Kangaroos swam 10,000 miles to keep from drowning in the great flood. :)
This is lost on far too many people. Well said.

In my opinion God's greatest gift is free-will. You should use your free-will to stfu about your beliefs. The Christians here aren't chiding you in any way yet you have spent quite a bit of time attempting to malign them for some nefarious reason.

In my opinion God's greatest gift is free-will. You should use your free-will to stfu about your beliefs. The Christians here aren't chiding you in any way yet you have spent quite a bit of time attempting to malign them for some nefarious reason.
Give him a break, he's vaxxed.

• Haha
Reactions: SlipperyPete12
I have not done or said anything to malign Christians or any religion. Give me a quote that attacks or maligns any religion. I believe that ANY religion that makes you/helps you be a better person........ kinder and more loving of your neighbor, animals and this wonderfully unique blue marble in space is the perfect religion for you. Even if it is no religion at all. You on the other hand promote free will as the greatest gift yet tell someone else to STFU about beliefs when they dare to express/use their free will. Completely Incongruent statement.

I mean, who cares?

I’m not even a little bit religious but I also don’t care when AB and Carr and co talk about Jesus.

I, personally, don’t have any interest. But they’re standing behind something they strongly believe in.

As for winning over fans, I just don’t think it matters to them. Do they want to have a lot of fans? Sure. But first and foremost they want to be very religious and very good wrestlers. If that also comes with a large amount of fans, then great.
It has nothing to do with fans. They are trying to reach others with their message and they limit their effectiveness by being monotonous bores. I don’t think they care if they make a single fan. But they do care to try to bring others to their faith and as the X post illustrates, the people they are trying to reach are often tuning them out because it is the same thing every single time. I am a fan of his and I tune Aaron out now. I know pretty much what he is going to say before he says it and it is, “Okay, I heard that the last 12 times you were interviewed.” Why not actually talk about wrestling once in a while after your match and intersperse your religious messaging every few interviews? Again, I don’t care if he reaches his intended audience or not, but for the love of the Savior don’t be a boring drone.

It has nothing to do with fans. They are trying to reach others with their message and they limit their effectiveness by being monotonous bores. I don’t think they care if they make a single fan. But they do care to try to bring others to their faith and as the X post illustrates, the people they are trying to reach are often tuning them out because it is the same thing every single time. I am a fan of his and I tune Aaron out now. I know pretty much what he is going to say before he says it and it is, “Okay, I heard that the last 12 times you were interviewed.” Why not actually talk about wrestling once in a while after your match and intersperse your religious messaging every few interviews? Again, I don’t care if he reaches his intended audience or not, but for the love of the Savior don’t be a boring drone.
The amount of time you took to type this was longer than an average post match interview .

"How did you feel about your performance today?"

"well he was definitely a tough opponent and I knew he'd be ready for tonight so I made sure I worked my fundamentals in practice and followed the coaches instructions. They said keep on trying to get better . That's what we try to do every day"

That's your average post match interview. If you want anything more in depth you're going to have to watch or listen to a lengthier interview on a podcast .

And honestly to me your average post match interview always sounds the same from about anyone every single time.

Last edited:
A bunch of middle age and older niche sport fans are discussing the merits of religion on a school and sport specific message board. I think if AB sees this, he’ll say he’s doing exactly what the almighty called him to do.
If you see my post all post match interviews are very brief and we get no serious revelations on what I'd called wrestling stuff.

A bunch of middle age and older niche sport fans are discussing the merits of religion on a school and sport specific message board. I think if AB sees this, he’ll say he’s doing exactly what the almighty called him to do.
I’m betting that AB’s dad has seen this thread. Whether or not he chooses to reply is up to him, but I would be curious to hear his thoughts.

We need to listen to Ben Harper on this one to bridge our differences.

My choice is what I choose to do
And if I'm causing no harm
It shouldn't bother you
Your choice is who you choose to be
And if your causin' no harm
Then you're alright with me

If you don't like my fire
Then don't come around
'Cause I'm gonna burn one down
Yes I'm gonna burn one down

The amount of time you took to type this was longer than an average post match interview .

"How did you feel about your performance today?"

"well he was definitely a tough opponent and I knew he'd be ready for tonight so I made sure I worked my fundamentals in practice and followed the coaches instructions. They said keep on trying to get better . That's what we try to do every day"

That's your average post match interview. If you want anything more in depth you're going to have to watch or listen to a lengthier interview on a podcast .

And honestly to me your average post match interview always sounds the same from about anyone every single time.
I liked Bo Nickel's.

I liked Bo Nickel's.
I like it too but if you recall just what happened one could make a case it was maybe the most dramatic finals moment ever. A crazy move to pin your rival from the team that would've won if the other guy beat Bo.

I never saw a pin like that sealing the deal for #1 near the end of the finals. Not your average I won a title moment.

Reactions: PSUNAV
I like it too but if you recall just what happened one could make a case it was maybe the most dramatic finals moment ever. A crazy move to pin your rival from the team that would've won if the other guy beat Bo.

I never saw a pin like that sealing the deal for #1 near the end of the finals. Not your average I won a title moment.
Nothing average about Bo's wrestling moments at all.

In the middle of all that emotion though Bo had a very lucid moment. Come to Penn State, that's what we do win championships! As true today as it was in 2018

Reactions: PSUNAV
Nothing average about Bo's wrestling moments at all.

In the middle of all that emotion though Bo had a very lucid moment. Come to Penn State, that's what we do win championships! As true today as it was in 2018
It's the polar opposite of a lucid moment . Bo himself said he couldn't remember what he said . I think he said that on the Jocko Willnick podcast.

He did say that Cael told him it was the best interview ever. I think they chuckled at that one. However, guy after almost getting taken to his back. He reversed him, pinned him to win the individual title and secured a team title. And of course, the team that was number two was the team of his opponent. I don't know if that ever happened before.

So much was on the line and that moment he just gave a very emotional reaction. Your standard emotional interview right after winning the title always sounds about the same, you might thank your coaches, your family, your friends, even God and maybe you throw a little bit of compliments toward your opponent. Too short of a time to get into anything actually about wrestling.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
It's the polar opposite of a lucid moment . Bo himself said he couldn't remember what he said . I think he said that on the Jocko Willnick podcast.

He did say that Cael told him it was the best interview ever. I think they chuckled at that one. However, guy after almost getting taken to his back. He reversed him, pinned him to win the individual title and secured a team title. And of course, the team that was number two was the team of his opponent. I don't know if that ever happened before.

So much was on the line and that moment he just gave a very emotional reaction. Your standard emotional interview right after winning the title always sounds about the same, you might thank your coaches, your family, your friends, even God and maybe you throw a little bit of compliments toward your opponent. Too short of a time to get into anything actually about wrestling.
I heard somewhere that Secretariat didn’t say much of anything after blowing away the competition and winning the Triple Crown.

He was only 3 years old and hadn’t yet reached Mr. Ed-level communication skills.
All joking aside, I would call Secretariat as great an athlete as any human. It was either ESPN or Sports Illustrated that ranked Secretariat’s Triple Crown win as one of the greatest athletic achievements of the 20th century. He did that in 1973 and I don’t think any racehorse since then has come close to his time at the Belmont.

Reactions: Gebmo and PSU Mike
All joking aside, I would call Secretariat as great an athlete as any human. It was either ESPN or Sports Illustrated that ranked Secretariat’s Triple Crown win as one of the greatest athletic achievements of the 20th century. He did that in 1973 and I don’t think any racehorse since then has come close to his time at the Belmont.
so true, almost in every facet he hasn't been touched. Amazaing when you think of the 'breeding' or selection process that goes into the horses...

Reactions: AgSurfer
Secretariat was certainly juiced up like many great athletes of the late 1900s.

• Haha
Reactions: bourbon n blues
This man has the chance to complete for the ultimate goal in competitive wrestling, an Olympic medal for his country.

I know it's the offseason but come on. Why did this get dug up?

Does it really matter, especially with everything going on within this country? There is so much negativity between one side or another. We have Biden-Trump, Gaza-Israel, Ukraine-Russia, Trans-Nontrans, CEO's-employees, woke -nonwoke, etc. Find a board that wants to fight about this. Don't generate or degenerate it on a PSU wrestling board.

There are so many issues we could bring up to hate or dislike an individual. But why here? There are plenty more places to go.

He is a PSU alumni, he is competing in the Olympics. Support his skills as a Lion wrestler.

Really, he has earned the right as a 4-timer and he is not hurting anyone with his ideas. It's his choice and his platform, an ultimate rare goal that gives you a chance to voice his beliefs. He's not making you follow him, he is telling you how he got there, it's your decision.

Everyday, every hour, there is someone that will disagree with your ideas or opinions. Stop bringing it here for PSU's wrestler's.

And really, don't ask his father to come here and comment on a thread that has bashed his son and his incredible accomplishments.

Last edited:
This man has the chance to complete for the ultimate goal in competitive wrestling, an Olympic medal for his country.

I know it's the offseason but come on. Why did this get dug up?

Does it really matter, especially with everything going on within this country? There is so much negativity between one side or another. We have Biden-Trump, Gaza-Israel, Ukraine-Russia, Trans-Nontrans, CEO's-employees, woke -nonwoke, etc. Find a board that wants to fight about this. Don't generate or degenerate it on a PSU wrestling board.

There are so many issues we could bring up to hate or dislike an individual. But why here? There are plenty more places to go.

He is a PSU alumni, he is competing in the Olympics. Support his skills as a Lion wrestler.

Really, he has earned the right as a 4-timer and he is not hurting anyone with his ideas. It's his choice and his platform, an ultimate rare goal that gives you a chance to voice his beliefs. He's not making you follow him, he is telling you how he got there, it's your decision.

Everyday, every hour, there is someone that will disagree with your ideas or opinions. Stop bringing it here for PSU's wrestler's.

And really, don't ask his father to come here and comment on a thread that has bashed his son and his incredible accomplishments.
Offseason threads are like the ocean’s horse latitudes, with winds no stronger than a baby’s breath. Griping at an athlete’s faith-speak is a weak attempt to blow hot air into a limp sail. Another is to target a young phenom’s social media prowess as reason to avoid him.
Luckily, gale force winds are on the way from Paris, getting threads back on course with actual wrestling content.

AB just speaks what he believes and what the new testament says "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". Most Christians including yours truly, out of politeness, shy away from being so forthright in the face of our secular society, but if you are an honest Christian you know the Bible says there is only one true faith and one away. Granted the message can alternate more than half of the globe.

On a related note. Those of you agnostics or atheist out there that ask for a modern day miracle as evidence of a higher power, politics aside, you all saw one Saturday night.

AB just speaks what he believes and what the new testament says "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". Most Christians including yours truly, out of politeness, shy away from being so forthright in the face of our secular society, but if you are an honest Christian you know the Bible says there is only one true faith and one away. Granted the message can alternate more than half of the globe.

On a related note. Those of you agnostics or atheist out there that ask for a modern day miracle as evidence of a higher power, politics aside, you all saw one Saturday night.
Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

That sure sounds a lot like what I see AB doing.

Maybe ask the families of the two guys that were murdered if they saw the miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT