ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks vs DT @ 86

GogglesPaizano

Feb 6, 2018
I will stick by my guns stated pre nationals. This version of Brooks even down a few Lbs has a chance.

Realistically I think it is closer than most think, maybe 40/60.

This is exactly the type of competitor where David's lack of world-class competition training regimen might come up to bite him. Aaron is primed and ready to go, whereas David has to get back into that groove so to
to speak.

Admittedly I still think David is, the world's P4P, in his late prime, and training with Kyle Dake every day is as strong a situation as he should need. That in and of itself is likely the clincher.

It's most likely David is still the master and Brooks the young apprentice for one more cycle, but it's far from a guarantee.

Currently being at the peak of his wrestling conditioning and performance and only having to retain that for three more weeks until the Trials is a huge benefit for Aaron. Other than Yazdani, Aaron might be the biggest threat to David out there. We spectators are blessed to be the beneficiaries of the current landscape of U.S.A. wrestling. I expect a battle and I can't wait! Admittedly, though, I am sad one of them (I can't see any other wrestlers making the Trials finals) will not be able to fulfill their Olympic dreams this year : (

Last edited:
According to Cenzo on Basch's last podcast, there will be other guys in the bracket too--who knew? Still have a hard time seeing Zahid touch these two. Can't wait to watch!

Not happening. AB headed up to 97kg to face Cox and Snyder.
I actually think that makes more sense but why do you post these things like you actually know with 100% certainty? You do it in every thread and you are wrong more than right. It’s just confusing. That said, I would love to see AB at 97kg. Snyder has looked more beatable lately and who knows about Cox. I think DT is still the number 1 p4p guy in the world and will be through the Olympics. I can see AB giving him his toughest matches but I have a hard time seeing AB beat Taylor especially 2 out of 3 matches

Reactions: CholleyVandine
I actually think that makes more sense but why do you post these things like you actually know with 100% certainty? You do it in every thread and you are wrong more than right. It’s just confusing. That said, I would love to see AB at 97kg. Snyder has looked more beatable lately and who knows about Cox. I think DT is still the number 1 p4p guy in the world and will be through the Olympics. I can see AB giving him his toughest matches but I have a hard time seeing AB beat Taylor especially 2 out of 3 matches
Claiming I am wrong more than right is also a statement that lacks absolute clarity. It's a message board and that's my thoughts. Whether I am wrong more than I am right is a statement that's attacking in nature. I didn't attack you, I stated my thoughts. If you agree great and if not also great.

I think Brooks has a chance at both weights. He wrestled Taylor close this past year. Brooks has only gotten better against bigger wrestlers. I honestly think he can beat Snyder. Snyder is one of the best ever, but I am kind of thinking it his time to pass on the torch. We shall see! Great to see a log jam at the national level with our, USA, wrestlers!

Claiming I am wrong more than right is also a statement that lacks absolute clarity. It's a message board and that's my thoughts. Whether I am wrong more than I am right is a statement that's attacking in nature. I didn't attack you, I stated my thoughts. If you agree great and if not also great.
Dude, you claimed Nagao could use an Olympic shirt... In 2025. Not only are you often wrong, but you're spectacularly wrong.

Post in thread '2024 NCAA's - Day 2 - Match/discussion thread' https://pennstate.forums.rivals.com...2-match-discussion-thread.349261/post-6670021

Last edited:
I’d be very, very surprised if AB competes at 97kg at trials. I’ve been surprised before, but it doesn’t make sense in a lot of ways—though Snyder may be more “beatable” than DT theoretically.

I don't know about 97 but AB would win some world gold at 92 between Oly years. Cox ain't beating him.

Was this sarcasm? If so, it went straight over my head. He's at the NLWC almost everday working out with many of the world's best. He has been at this for many years and is a pro.

That said, Aaron has a real chance.
Then in his next sentence he states how he works out with Dake every day. Sheesh.

• Haha
Reactions: diggerpup
To my knowledge 86 has ALWAYS been the plan. Has someone actually HEARD otherwise??
Burroughs or Cormier (I think the former but don't remember offhand) said he'd like to see Aaron at 97kg. Didn't have any info, just being a good idea fairy.

That's enough for some people to run with, whether or not they actually believe it.

Aaron carries his weight really well. He also has pretty long arms. That said, he can't be more than about 5'10". Both Carter and David Taylor are taller. Going down makes the most sense to me.

97k is 213# approx. -- 16 pounds higher than what Brooks just wrestled at in March

86k is 189# approx. -- just 8 pounds less than Brooks wrestled in March, and 5 pounds above his previous season's college weight

86k makes the most sense in this time frame, yes?
No question. 97 kg aint gonna happen

97k is 213# approx. -- 16 pounds higher than what Brooks just wrestled at in March

86k is 189# approx. -- just 8 pounds less than Brooks wrestled in March, and 5 pounds above his previous season's college weight

86k makes the most sense in this time frame, yes?
100%

ShoUld haVe tYpeD iT liKE ThIs I guess

In all honesty though if he was cutting to get to 197, how much, idk. Even still I do expect him to be at 86 for OTT. After that it is anybodies guess. He ay stay, he may gain.

Aaron carries his weight really well. He also has pretty long arms. That said, he can't be more than about 5'10". Both Carter and David Taylor are taller. Going down makes the most sense to me.
I’m 5’11” and I am taller than each of Aaron, MM, Levi and about the same height as Carter in pictures that were taken at the social Saturday evening.

I will stick by my guns stated pre nationals. This version of Brooks even down a few Lbs has a chance.

Realistically I think it is closer than most think, maybe 40/60.

This is exactly the type of competitor where David's lack of world-class competition training regimen might come up to bite him. Aaron is primed and ready to go, whereas David has to get back into that groove so to
to speak.

Admittedly I still think David is, the world's P4P, in his late prime, and training with Kyle Dake every day is as strong a situation as he should need. That in and of itself is likely the clincher.

It's most likely David is still the master and Brooks the young apprentice for one more cycle, but it's far from a guarantee.
As impressive as Brooks is - and he's probably my favorite current PSU wrestler - I don't think he touches DT. DT just seems like he's on another level as long as he's healthy. Can't wait to see the action though!!

Reactions: diggerpup
You stated it like a fact

I have a feeling Aaron will stay at 86 kilos. I'm guessing this will be David's last year of wrestling, especially if he wins Olympic gold. In non Olympic years I could potentially see Aaron going to 92 kilos, especially if he starts finding the cut to 86 kilos difficult.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT