ADVERTISEMENT

BTN has not mentioned that the Home-Team is 10-3 in these new games against former Pac12 teams.

CJFisJoePaII

Sep 6, 2019
The 3 Home-Team losses:

UCLA loss to Indiana.
UCLA loss to Minny
USC loss to PSU.

Some significant Home-Team wins involving multi timezone travel involving B1G teams:

Oregon over duhO$U
USC over current #9 LSU
USC over Wisconsin
Washington over scUM

PSU's win over USC @TheColiseum is easily the most impressive Road Win in these new long-travel Conference games.

The 3 Home-Team losses:

UCLA loss to Indiana.
UCLA loss to Minny
USC loss to PSU.

Some significant Home-Team wins involving multi timezone travel involving B1G teams:

Oregon over duhO$U
USC over current #9 LSU
USC over Wisconsin
Washington over scUM

PSU's win over USC @TheColiseum is easily the most impressive Road Win in these new long-travel Conference games.
It would be beneficial if the B1G could add Stanford and ND. That would lessen the travel burden on West coast teams since they have traditionally played ND which at least is in central time zone with easy flight to Chicago. Stanford is Pacific like the others. If that happens, the BIG should ensure the western most teams play 3 of those Pacific teams and ND annually and then each can have 2 trips back east annually. I think the schedulers could work it out.

The 3 Home-Team losses:

UCLA loss to Indiana.
UCLA loss to Minny
USC loss to PSU.

Oregon over duhO$U
USC over current #9 LSU
USC over Wisconsin
Washington over scUM

I'm just gald that we only have one of these games this season, and it's already been played. Just look at how Washington played at Iowa on Saturday after beating Michigan at home the preceding week. That's why I'm not too concerned about the Washington game, as that will be at least the third time this season that Washington will have traveled East, and at least twice when they will have made cross-country trips. That has to drain a team.

God, Cal already has played three games on the East Coast, and they looked feeble against a below average Pitt defense after scoring a lot of points at home the preceding week against Miami. Likewise, Stanford already has played at Syracuse, Clemson and ND, and they were pitiful against ND.

Oregon finally leaves the West Coast, but the game is at Purdue, which they should beat easily even if they're jet lagged. However, later in the season, they do have to play at Michigan, which will be a bigger test.

The 3 Home-Team losses:

UCLA loss to Indiana.
UCLA loss to Minny
USC loss to PSU.

Oregon over duhO$U
USC over current #9 LSU
USC over Wisconsin
Washington over scUM

So the favorite has won all but 1?
Washington was favored over Michigan
Is Ohio State the only favorite to lose? And they lost by 1 to a top 5 team.
The impact of travel is greatly overstated.

I'm just gald that we only have one of these games this season, and it's already been played. Just look at how Washington played at Iowa on Saturday after beating Michigan at home the preceding week. That's why I'm not too concerned about the Washington game, as that will be at least the third time this season that Washington will have traveled East, and at least twice when they will have made cross-country trips. That has to drain a team.

God, Cal already has played three games on the East Coast, and they looked feeble against a below average Pitt defense after scoring a lot of points at home the preceding week against Miami. Likewise, Stanford already has played at Syracuse, Clemson and ND, and they were pitiful against ND.

Oregon finally leaves the West Coast, but the game is at Purdue, which they should beat easily even if they're jet lagged. However, later in the season, they do have to play at Michigan, which will be a bigger test.

Oregon has to play @Wisconsin in mid-November I believe.... These stats say this could be a difficult game.

So the favorite has won all but 1?
Washington was favored over Michigan
Is Ohio State the only favorite to lose? And they lost by 1 to a top 5 team.
The impact of travel is greatly overstated.
I don't think that it is when you have to make multiple cross-country trips, and especially in a compressed college season. That's why the Chargers stayed on the East Coast in between games at Charlotte and Pittsburgh earlier this season. Some of these schools like UCLA, Cal and Stanford already have made more cross-country trips in a month and half than the average NFL team will make in a four month season.

Maybe Iowa just is better than Washington, but they're not that much better to make Washington look like a bunch of chumps this past weekend, but that was Washington's second major trip in the last three weekends.

I don't think that it is when you have to make multiple cross-country trips. That's why the Chargers stayed on the East Coast in between games at Charlotte and Pittsburgh earlier this season.
Multiple trips are more difficult. Especially back to back weeks. Stanford and Cal have it tough.
One trip isn't anything. Teams aren't losing just because of the travel. The better team has basically won every game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT