ADVERTISEMENT

Burroughs drama/Willie wantin' some perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
also this, boys. this. let's have some perspective, huh?

Painting a broad brush of fans will anger fans, it's a logical response. One dude made an asinine comment and there were boos. JB has rubbed PSU fans the wrong way for a long time. It's naive to think he will be treated like royalty by all. I think we need to collectively move on and watch top wrestlers do what they do.

Leave it to Twitter Willie. No one here hates you. You believe JB shouldn’t have been booed with his history with PSU guys, mushing MMs face, etc.

I’ll speak for myself and probably most here..we don’t agree with you. Leave it at that

Trying to enjoy an awesome performance by our guys..not interested in drama

Leave it to Twitter Willie. No one here hates you. You believe JB shouldn’t have been booed with his history with PSU guys, mushing MMs face, etc.

I’ll speak for myself and probably most here..we don’t agree with you. Leave it at that
most people on here are only looking at the singular tweet. i defended MM.

I'll chime in I guess. I do respect Jordan for the massive impact he has had on USA wrestling. I am very grateful for his contribution to a sport that I love. That said, he has never shied away from the smoke. Did he deserve to have that ass yelling at him as he walked off the mat for the last time? Absolutely not. Did he kinda bring it on himself with his antics? Yeah, he kinda did.

no. we're not. be better.

"Be Better"

Hey Willie -
You strut in here on a white horse ... when on your twitter you're just a constant cesspool of conspiracy theories, hate posts, low-IQ political BS, Alex Jones-level brain dead slander.

You're a piece of work. 🤡
If it wasn't for wrestling, you'd live under a bridge somewhere, collecting aluminum cans for dimes.

Why don't you log off for the day. Beat it.

Reactions: danoftw
Burroughs not weighing in:

06479b0f8c0d6124893572e1bb448ab4.jpg

Burroughs was kinda an ass the whole Trials, not just the MM match. Like he was above having to go through the challenge part of the trials. I'm all in with the booing! He was a real jerk the whole MM match. I don't like the personal insults from the peanut gallery!
Too bad he didn’t get to fight the top boss lol.

I don’t care if it was one fan or 1,000, Burroughs made himself the villain. He made inappropriate comments about Starocci’s knee. He shoved Mitchell’s head in a bush league maneuver. He and his whiny coach jawed with fans BEFORE the incident occurred. That he’s an all-time great is neither disputed nor relevant in this instance. HE BROUGHT IT ON HIMSELF.

Tell the whole story if you want to “judge”…

JB’s coach calls Cael a cheater before Nationals.

JB says publicly he would attack CStars knee at the trials

JB gets into a back and forth pissing match on Twitter with CStar and Bo.

JB stalls the 2nd half of a chippy match vs Messenbrink, loses his cool and shoves MM at the end.

So yeah … he caught some shit from some PSU fans. And “strangely”, no other wrestler or coach got heckled… not Spencer, not Brands, not Jesse Mendez…

JB didn’t act w any class. Got none back.

I didn't realize we were attending a banquet to honor JB's accomplishments and contributions to the sport. Here, I thought we were at a sporting event for a sport that has passionate, rabid fans, a sport that has emotions continually running high.

Next time, I guess we'll sit on our hands until it's time to golf clap. We'll politely clap, then sit back down on our hands. If someone bounces one of our wrestlers heads off the mat, we'll just shake our heads and, say, "Well, he's a legend in the sport, so that's okay."

I think this is a nothing burger that is getting blown out of proportion because everyone is bored.

I am not into moral equivalency, but picture this. Carter rubs people the wrong way, and we all seem to like it. Give him a decade and 7 World/Oly medals and he probably pisses off all non PSU fans on a weekly basis.

The end of any hall of fame career, for the most competitive of competitive beings is always very difficult.

Let's let this one go and move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT