ADVERTISEMENT

Can anyone translate bud heavy?

If you drill down the tweet and @smalls103 exchanges its got to be more than just the #paulbrawl
Yeah it definitely seems like more than just the Jake Paul fight. Further down in the exchanges Willie calls Askren a phony. Seems like no love lost between these 2. I love Willie and would much rather listen to him talk wrestling over Ben but this still seems like a bad take. Then again, I’m sure he knows more about Ben than I do.

Reactions: Fatmarc
Yeah it definitely seems like more than just the Jake Paul fight. Further down in the exchanges Willie calls Askren a phony. Seems like no love lost between these 2. I love Willie and would much rather listen to him talk wrestling over Ben but this still seems like a bad take. Then again, I’m sure he knows more about Ben than I do.
I think this came up a bit during the trial, but Askren was very tight with Martin and Willy back in the day and when Willie left, Flo offered him a big check to do FRL and he jumped on it despite the treatment of his "friends." Askren certainly isn't hurting for money, so I get why Willie would feel betrayed.

Reactions: Lumpy Johnson
Reads like a 40-year-old man with a case of sour grapes. Since college Askren has been an Olympian, a successful MMA fighter, a business owner, and a radio host. Why would anyone look down on him for agreeing to fight Jake Paul for money?
Everything leads back to flo.

When your first in, you bring your boys for good times and then your first to leave that's heavy on the mind.......I would think.

Timing seems odd to go knee deep in the water on the day track is announced.

Reactions: Brian LB-U
Ben is going to get embarrassed. He will get knocked out brutally, or giving a severe beating until the red stops the fight. Ben has zero boxing skills, he is old with a new hip, no power what so ever. This fight is a complete joke and a disgrace. Jake Paul even though is a YouTuber has been training for a few years. He has some semi decent skills and takes this sport way more serious and trains with real fighters from the little I follow. This is the easiest money JP will make and he knows it. Watching Ben hit a bag or hit the mitts is so pathetic I feel sorry for him. Of all people Ben should know how important skill is for a sport being an elite wrestler. His hands are down and slow with no pop. His chin is in the air waiting to get smashed from a punch he will never see coming. He will become another meme. It’s a shame because he is healthy and has a family and can look forward to a good life ahead of him. NO reason to step into a boxing ring and risk your life for a payday. None what so ever.

If you drill down the tweet and @smalls103 exchanges its got to be more than just the #paulbrawl

I find Askren to be a troll, and not a good one. But, I’m talking about him, so maybe he’s a very good troll.

For example, yesterday on FRL they did a “2018 PSU vs 2021 Iowa”.

Askren said that Max Murin, 0x NCAA AA, would not get bonused by Zain Rutherford.

Reads like a 40-year-old man with a case of sour grapes ...
Willie’s gotta be careful. People supported him over Flo because he was the OG and the good guy. But he’s gotta do two interrelated things: (1) stay the good guy, and (2) stay out of more drama for a good while. Otherwise, people will just get so tired of him and tired of the drama.

To be clear, I have supported Willie over Flo from well before open warfare erupted. I want him to succeed.

Ben is going to get embarrassed. He will get knocked out brutally, or giving a severe beating until the red stops the fight. Ben has zero boxing skills, he is old with a new hip, no power what so ever. This fight is a complete joke and a disgrace. Jake Paul even though is a YouTuber has been training for a few years. He has some semi decent skills and takes this sport way more serious and trains with real fighters from the little I follow. This is the easiest money JP will make and he knows it. Watching Ben hit a bag or hit the mitts is so pathetic I feel sorry for him. Of all people Ben should know how important skill is for a sport being an elite wrestler. His hands are down and slow with no pop. His chin is in the air waiting to get smashed from a punch he will never see coming. He will become another meme. It’s a shame because he is healthy and has a family and can look forward to a good life ahead of him. NO reason to step into a boxing ring and risk your life for a payday. None what so ever.
This would make so much more sense with a few pages breaks.

Happy to have you back but that is a hard read.

Reactions: James Toney
I find Askren to be a troll, and not a good one. But, I’m talking about him, so maybe he’s a very good troll.

Askren said that Max Murin, 0x NCAA AA, would not get bonused by Zain Rutherford.
He said he wouldn’t get teched which is still utterly ridiculous. Zain would end it early in the 2nd.

And he said Nolf would only major Kaleb Young.

giphy.gif

He said he wouldn’t get teched which is still utterly ridiculous. Zain would end it early in the 2nd.

It's not that ridiculous. Zain might pin him first.

Jason might major Kaleb Young within a minute.

Reactions: danoftw
No ones risking their life. Get serious. Both guys will get paid and get more "viewers" which is what it seems this world is all about. You actually breaking down the fight is hilarious 😂😂😂. Is this smalls?

Everything leads back to flo.

When your first in, you bring your boys for good times and then your first to leave that's heavy on the mind.......I would think.

Timing seems odd to go knee deep in the water on the day track is announced.
Doubt it has anything to do with Flo buying Track.It was going around awhile ago.Imagine its more to do with the way Willie feels about Ben's decisions.Not speaking for Willie but I get the feeling he thinks Ben makes WRESTLING look bad

No ones risking their life. Get serious. Both guys will get paid and get more "viewers" which is what it seems this world is all about. You actually breaking down the fight is hilarious 😂😂😂. Is this smalls?
It’s not Willie. Haha. You are probably right, most likely no one gets hurt. But I have fought and been around boxing most my life and around the highest level fighters. I have seen many fighters die from brain bleeding. It happens. Especially can happen to tough fighters who can take long beatings. Go listen to a lot of fighters slur their speech later in their careers. And yes it’s rare but anyone who puts on gloves in the ring are putting their lives at risk.

Most know it all’s will act like they know everything after the fight happens. Easy after the fact. I am telling you what is going to happen before the fight. Boxing was my passion and I studied it daily. I’d love to hear your expert breakdown how it’s gonna play out.

Ben's path to victory, a narrow one in my opinion, is to get inside. Try to maul Paul, essentially applying overhooks, working to the body and head with one arm at times, and hoping superior cardio pulls him through. On the plus side, nerves tire a fighter out, so Ben's experience gives him the edge there. That could be significant. On the down side, Askren hasn't been in great shape recently (or since college) and is coming off hip surgery. The other negative is that Ben's boxing skills are pretty dreadful, he has no head movement, and is prone to walking in like Frankenstein. He also stands too square and presents a big, inviting target.
For all the sideshow, self promoting antics, Paul at the very least, has good handspeed, power, and sufficient footwork and timing to be able to "deliver the mail". To me, the way Paul loses this fight is by blowing his load early, exhausting himself, and getting mauled late. I'd instruct Paul to stay on the back foot, shoot lots of jabs, and try to run Askren into right hands. Don't overcommit and allow Askren easily to fall into clinches. If the first couple rounds go well, start mixing in hooks to Askren's softish midsection. I see Askren's chin being tested for sure in this fight. It's a sideshow, but yet I'm interested.

It’s not Willie. Haha. You are probably right, most likely no one gets hurt. But I have fought and been around boxing most my life and around the highest level fighters. I have seen many fighters die from brain bleeding. It happens. Especially can happen to tough fighters who can take long beatings. Go listen to a lot of fighters slur their speech later in their careers. And yes it’s rare but anyone who puts on gloves in the ring are putting their lives at risk.

Most know it all’s will act like they know everything after the fight happens. Easy after the fact. I am telling you what is going to happen before the fight. Boxing was my passion and I studied it daily. I’d love to hear your expert breakdown how it’s gonna play out.

You’re making it sound like Askren has never been punched before. Maybe he won’t win (although I think he will), but very little chance he gets seriously hurt IMO. He has taken much worse punches (and knees, etc) from world class fighters wearing lighter gloves. I think he can handle getting punched by a YouTuber wearing boxing gloves that’s only been training boxing for like 2 years.

I generally like Ben and loved his wrestling, but he says some outlandish things, and simply talks over the other guys pounding the resume on his chest with authority.

With each knockout he gets a little dumber, and he has a little negative bias against our boys. After this next knockout he will start insisting 2 time hodge winning bonus machine, GOAT, Zain might lose in a close one to Murin, simply because Zain once was pushed to overtime vs Sorenson, while sporting a 102 fever. After all Murin has shown some growth.

Maybe he should go back and watch that sadistic 16-0 massacre in the semis vs Micah Jordan, but then again I guess he thinks Murin would do the same? Zain was pretty much on bonus autopilot like Spencer these days, and every time you mention Spencer Ben puts one hand down his pants. Putz!

Reactions: danoftw
I generally like Ben and loved his wrestling, but he says some outlandish things, and simply talks over the other guys pounding the resume on his chest with authority.

With each knockout he gets a little dumber, and he has a little negative bias against our boys. After this next knockout he will start insisting 2 time hodge winning bonus machine, GOAT, Zain might lose in a close one to Murin, simply because Zain once was pushed to overtime vs Sorenson, while sporting a 102 fever. After all Murin has shown some growth.

Maybe he should go back and watch that sadistic 16-0 massacre in the semis vs Micah Jordan, but then again I guess he thinks Murin would do the same? Zain was pretty much on bonus autopilot like Spencer these days, and every time you mention Spencer Ben puts one hand down his pants. Putz!
Was it ever verified he was sick? I know it was evident something was off with him but I never read him or the coaches admit he was sick.

To be fair he also said Myles Martin wouldn’t bonus Nelson Brands

To be fair, 2018 was Zain's worst year and there were guys on Murin's level or even worse that managed not to get teched or pinned. If you told me Murin held on for a 14-2 major, I wouldn't keel over. He's very hard to score on. Even Nick Lee has had trouble piling it on Murin. Any other year, that's an early stoppage. Remember, Zain took a full year off after this year.

Not that that's what Askren was thinking. He was just being ignorant.

Murin and Young just seem to attract the dislike for some reason. All those 2nd fiddle PA guys wrestling for Iowa now look a lot more desirable nowadays. Excellent coaches in Iowa City!

To be fair, 2018 was Zain's worst year and there were guys on Murin's level or even worse that managed not to get teched or pinned. If you told me Murin held on for a 14-2 major, I wouldn't keel over. He's very hard to score on. Even Nick Lee has had trouble piling it on Murin. Any other year, that's an early stoppage. Remember, Zain took a full year off after this year.

Not that that's what Askren was thinking. He was just being ignorant.

You have your years confused. 2018 was Zain's senior season. But your overall point is still fair. Zain didn't pin or tech everyone his senior year.

Edit: to be clear, I think Zain would pin or tech Murin.

Last edited:
Murin and Young just seem to attract the dislike for some reason. All those 2nd fiddle PA guys wrestling for Iowa now look a lot more desirable nowadays. Excellent coaches in Iowa City!
Murin and Young are good but not great wrestlers.

History says if Iowa fans didn't have Lee, DeSanto, Marinelli, Kemerer, and Cass scoring major points, they'd likely feel a lot differently about Murin and Young.

Murin and Young are good but not great wrestlers.

History says if Iowa fans didn't have Lee, DeSanto, Marinelli, Kemerer, and Cass scoring major points, they'd likely feel a lot differently about Murin and Young.
Yeah they are borderline atrocious right?

Reactions: tewlepz
You are never going to read a quote from Zain or the staff stating he was sick. He was sick though.

Cael said something criptic afterwards as I recall. When asked he said something like 'Zain is the toughest wrestler I know...' in response. You could see early on Zain was pale and off and the rumors were flying maybe even before the match along the lines Zain was offered to pass and against Iowa and his#1 competition at the time he declined to sit out.

You have your years confused. 2018 was Zain's senior season. But your overall point is still fair. Zain didn't pin or tech everyone his senior year.

Edit: to be clear, I think Zain would pin or tech Murin.
Nope, I was talking about his senior year. I don't really count the year at 141. The second half of his senior year, he looked a little off. Still a pretty dominant champ, but he wasn't tearing people limb from limb like usual. Didn't score a takedown against Sorensen. Held to decisions by Heilmann and Perry at NCAAs. That's the version of Zain that is participating in this fantasy match, so I wouldn't be shocked if Murin could survive a whole 7. Obviously, wouldn't be competitive though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT