ADVERTISEMENT

Can Ohio take Clifford back with them?

PA college fan

Jun 26, 2001
I have been a Clifford apologist for 5 years- epic fail today— Defense played hard and Clifford s the bed!! Please go away and let Allar start of you love Penn State!!!

Reactions: manilion
I agree Cliffird is owed nothing else but it was a disrespectful comment.
Disrespectful is letting a guy that is s turnover machine thar costs you games as starter....it is disrespectful to the rest of the "hungry" players that Franklin plays favorites and loyalty over talent. Franklin is disrespectful for letting this subpar, choke in big game loser, at a supposed"big time school" stay in the game..
.get a grip

• Angry
Reactions: psu1969a
Clifford is a good but not great QB. He can't win games all on his own like Trace did with his running ability, but he is the best we have or someone else would be starting. He needs help with a running game

Reactions: psu1969a
Have to think that the whole situation put the coaches in a very weird spot because nobody ever plans for a player being there in year 6
Clifford started because Franklin blew the last 5 years of QB recruiting. Forced to start because of Franklin’ s inability to develop a QB. Let’s hope he don’t screw up Allar.

Reactions: MacNit07
If Allar does not play the majority of the remainder of the season then it's a complete and utter travesty. Franklin needs to move on from Clifford and develop the next guy.

Disrespectful is letting a guy that is s turnover machine thar costs you games as starter....it is disrespectful to the rest of the "hungry" players that Franklin plays favorites and loyalty over talent. Franklin is disrespectful for letting this subpar, choke in big game loser, at a supposed"big time school" stay in the game..
.get a grip
I did not go to Penn State but have been a fan my whole life and if I had the chance years ago I would loved to have played for PSU under Paterno.
Having said that, football is a tough game both mentally and physically. Coaching no easy task either. We all want our team to win and I too have issues with Clifford but my gosh, this is a kid. Yeah, 6th year but still a kid. He always plays his heart out, always!!!!!!! Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's messy but this kid bleeds Blue & White. Maybe Allar is better, maybe not, we will see. Sean has given all he has every game and there is NO ONE that is more disappointed than him after today's game.
I'll bet 98% of the posters here never played college ball. Probably less than 15% played HS but bitch bitch bitch about a kid trying his best for the University he LOVES.....
Some of the crap posters say about this kid are disgusting......... If it was your son or nephew would you ever say this shit? I'm proud of Sean and if Franklin decides to go with Allar the rest of the way, I am sure Sean will support Allar like he does the rest of the team for his entire career at Penn State. He's a bigger man than most on this board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not go to Penn State but have been a fan my whole life and if I had the chance years ago I would loved to have played for PSU under Paterno.
Having said that, football is a tough game both mentally and physically. Coaching no easy task either. We all want our team to win and I too have issues with Clifford but my gosh, this is a kid. Yeah, 6th year but still a kid. He always plays his heart out, always!!!!!!! Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's messy but this kid bleeds Blue & White. Maybe Allar is better, maybe not, we will see. Sean has given all he has every game and there is NO ONE that is more disappointed than him after today's game.
I'll bet 98% of the posters here never played college ball. Probably less than 15% played HS but bitch bitch bitch about a kid trying his best for the University he LOVES.....
Some of the crap posters say about this kid are disgusting......... If it was your son or nephew would you ever say this shit? I'm proud of Sean and if Franklin decides to go with Allar the rest of the way, I am sure Sean will support Allar like he does the rest of the team for his entire career at Penn State. He's a bigger man than most on this board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And......military guys at age 24 are nco s or officers and making decisions....Clifford SUCKS....HE IS HORRIBLE....UR A LIBERAL JOKE. GO JOE BIDEN

If Allar does not play the majority of the remainder of the season then it's a complete and utter travesty. Franklin needs to move on from Clifford and develop the next guy.
Allar’s girlfriend goes to O$U…just sayin’

I have been a Clifford apologist for 5 years- epic fail today— Defense played hard and Clifford s the bed!! Please go away and let Allar start of you love Penn State!!!
Clifford actually played pretty well. The turnovers were less on him than the average fan would understand. He does bear some responsibility but not that much. The line is horrible. The system is unsuited for the Big Ten.

Clifford is basically a Morelli or Hackenberg. All #14 and awful Qbs.
Hackenberg was the best pro-style QB in America at the end of 2013. We make the playoffs in 2016 if Franklin hadn't run him off. Hackenberg is why JoeMo took the job. He wanted to finish what he started (which his protégé did at LSU with less talent than we had at PSU in 2016). Franklin and his clown car of bumbling idiots ruined him. Franklin is the problem.

Reactions: manilion
Hackenberg was the best pro-style QB in America at the end of 2013. We make the playoffs in 2016 if Franklin hadn't run him off. Hackenberg is why JoeMo took the job. He wanted to finish what he started (which his protégé did at LSU with less talent than we had at PSU in 2016). Franklin and his clown car of bumbling idiots ruined him. Franklin is the problem.
It's bad enough to read your drivel most of the time.

You seem to kick it into over-drive after a PSU loss. So many falsehoods.

It's bad enough to read your drivel most of the time.

You seem to kick it into over-drive after a PSU loss. So many falsehoods.
Except that is what actually happened. Hack was the best pro-style QB in America at the end of his freshmen year. Franklin and his clowns ruined him and then Franklin personally ran him off the team. Joe Moorhead came to Penn State to run the offense he wanted to run which is very much what Joe Brady ran at LSU with lesser skill position talent, a lesser defense and less pure talent under center. Would have it have turned out that way, given JoeMo's track record, I say more likely than not.

Didn’t help that Effner at RT was even less capable than Wallace and got manhandled and thrown down on strip sack, let no 44 jump up in air on pick 6, and even 1st round Olu Fashanu let first round 44 jump up in air on deflection INT and Sean basically didn’t adjust for any of 44’s athleticism on three short INTs. The three INTs were on short passes and line could have helped sure, but 9 passes deflected at line shows a QB that struggles with passing lanes when going up against an elite NFL type line which Ohio St will bring most years. None of this is a knock on Sean being a great guy and giving effort. Sean on screen passes is an adventure as accuracy and awareness is lacking. Yurcich called a good game that with a stronger armed, taller QB (Allar) would have won the game. Allar needs time and experience to develop. I’d much rather go 8-4 with Allar and build for next two years than go 10-2 with Cliff, great guy, but Franklin is being paid 8 plus million yearly not to maximize college experience for good kids like 14 and 0, but to develop program and compete with juggernauts like Ohio St and Michigan. If he wants elite comp, he has to develop a winning culture and a mindset where the team doesn’t expect to fold in fourth quarter against Ohio St every year. It starts and ends with Franklin— he is a great recruiter and pipeline of elite talent to NFL but he has underachieved with elite talent due to not developing a competent right tackle past nine years and not having an elite QB since Trace. Future is bright if he learns and evolves with the two RBs we have and the QB I’m waiting if we can get a good right tackle, ?Shelton. Defense will be fine with the elite LB coming in and hopefully starting beside 11 and the DB strength will continue.

Yurcich called a good game that with a stronger armed, taller QB (Allar) would have won the game.
This is pure fantasy. Ohio State rushed 4 on a majority of plays. Trace McTurnover as he was known in every big game he played in was a mediocre college QB that was propped up by great talent and a system designed to cover up his massive flaws. He couldn't hold Clifford's jock and Clifford is merely an above average dual threat.

Wallace, in your fantasy world where Trace couldn’t hold Cliff’s Jock— why did Trace put over 400 yds in OSU by himself when Franklin took last play out of his hand? Why did Trace beat OSU in 2016, and win Big 10 and prob delivered Franklin his millions. In OSU game in Saquon’s last yr with collapse at end, Trace outplayed Saquon in second half. He did t have the height, but he had heart, awareness and was a winner. If Cliff so elite, why losses in all the games that matter, top 10- every one?

Trace could also throw the deep ball which we have given up on with Cliff they are risky for INTs. Majority of passes were 5 yds or less and three INTs in 5 yds or less passes, which is incredible— not sure Yurcich could have coddled and any more or try to manage with limitations. Next year we will see what Yurcich can install with a pro arm, god willing. Our suffering may be over soon

Breen,

You are clueless. Hack was not even at the top of the B10. He was ranked about 8th.

Clifford started because Franklin blew the last 5 years of QB recruiting. Forced to start because of Franklin’ s inability to develop a QB. Let’s hope he don’t screw up Allar.
How exactly did Franklin “blow” the last 5 years of QB recruiting. Got a verbal from Fields and he flipped. Tried to get Caleb Williams. You can’t hold a gun to their heads and make a kid sign with PSU. More BS from the “we deserve better” crowd.

Trace could also throw the deep ball which we have given up on with Cliff they are risky for INTs. Majority of passes were 5 yds or less and three INTs in 5 yds or less passes, which is incredible— not sure Yurcich could have coddled and any more or try to manage with limitations. Next year we will see what Yurcich can install with a pro arm, god willing. Our suffering may be over soon
Trace’s best ability was his ability to keep his eyes up field when he was forced out of the pocket. He also had the benefit of WRs who could win the 50/50 balls. Who exactly did PSU have playing this year who could do that or take the top off a defense this year?

Reactions: royboy
How exactly did Franklin “blow” the last 5 years of QB recruiting. Got a verbal from Fields and he flipped. Tried to get Caleb Williams. You can’t hold a gun to their heads and make a kid sign with PSU. More BS from the “we deserve better” crowd.
Don’t you know that every player in the country wants to come to PSU, if they don’t end up coming here it’s because Franklin messed it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT