ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Starocci's injury - news, updates, and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the day when I was helping coach S Wmspt Pop Warner football, Mike kicked a 35 yd fg as a 12 yr old. JoePa recruited Mike as a kicker. Kid was a Div 2 quality receiver and bball player too.
My 3rd favorite player all-time after Ripken and Murray.

Reactions: Hotshoe
*Yawn.....another "I'm very important, I have news you don't have"
I certainly didn't mean it that way. By no means do I think I'm important because I had a little inside information that I was privy to. I tried to be subtle about it. After my post, social media and Carter confirmed what I was told. I thought someone would maybe take notice and figure my post out. 👍🙂
Note; I had commented about Arron Brooks father maybe could use an emoji if he couldn't write about Carter's health as a joke earlier in the week.
Since it seems that Carter will have an opportunity to go for 4, that's what is "important" for Carter and coaching staff.
I was having a little fun with the posters.
As it once was said in a movie.
"Lighten up Francis"

Last edited:
Such a laughable post - I've seen many athletes be helped off the field or mat after straining a joint without doing any permanent damage.
From my understanding (I'm not a doctor) if it was a dislocated knee cap being carried off the mat in pain and wrestling a week or two later (or even less) would not be unlikely.

So, yes that post wasn't the best.

The reality of this situation has nothing to do with his post or mentality. It's not Carter's decision whatsoever. He must have clearance from his coach, as well as, and most importantly, the team physician. No one at Penn State can compete without the okay of the team physician.

Yeah, my leg is broken, my knee was totally dislocated, but I got this. That's not how it works. Or, I've got a blown whatever in my knee, could do serious damage if I compete, but I got this. Sheesh.

Furthermore, if his position was the case, we'd never stop a player with a concussion from competing.
You are correct sir. Scuttlebutt was Suriano clearly had other issues with the program, but he wanted to go and wasn't cleared, and this was one key element to his wanting to transfer.

On the Coach’s show the other day, when Cael talked of it not always working out when you have to convince someone to come to PSU (vs those that really want to come to PSU on their own), I wondered if he was talking about Suriano.

On the Coach’s show the other day, when Cael talked of it not always working out when you have to convince someone to come to PSU (vs those that really want to come to PSU on their own), I wondered if he was talking about Suriano.
Bo Jordan is example of someone who would have had to be convinced to come to PSU and he really liked PSU. He believed that PSU's program would not allow him to workout enough to reach his goals. Keep in mind, Jordan was trained by his father Jeff, who also trained David Taylor, that was basically two a days every day for most of the year. Uncle Jim was a two time national champion at Wisconsin. Obviously the Jordan program had success, just as the Gable program did too, they just didn't modernize.

Funny story from David Taylor. His first year at PSU, it is a Sunday and he is talking to this father. Sunday was an "off" day, no wrestling activities. Taylor tells his father it is an "off" day, his father is asking what that means, is it no wrestling and go running? His father was not happy (Jordan school) and David was a bit perplexed about the "off" day and that it meant your off, no wrestling, running etc. Obviously, DT accepted the program and the rest is history.

Bo Jordan rejected PSU and the rest is history, he never reached his goals. Imagine being a high school kid, really liking everything about PSU except you could not work out enough and using that as a reason to not go there. Bo Jordan, as a high school kid, was essentially telling Cael Sanderson with multiple national championships as a coach, Olympic Gold, 159-0 and 4 national championships that he had a better way, or could not trust Cael.

Bo Jordan is example of someone who would have had to be convinced to come to PSU and he really liked PSU. He believed that PSU's program would not allow him to workout enough to reach his goals. Keep in mind, Jordan was trained by his father Jeff, who also trained David Taylor, that was basically two a days every day for most of the year. Uncle Jim was a two time national champion at Wisconsin. Obviously the Jordan program had success, just as the Gable program did too, they just didn't modernize.

Funny story from David Taylor. His first year at PSU, it is a Sunday and he is talking to this father. Sunday was an "off" day, no wrestling activities. Taylor tells his father it is an "off" day, his father is asking what that means, is it no wrestling and go running? His father was not happy (Jordan school) and David was a bit perplexed about the "off" day and that it meant your off, no wrestling, running etc. Obviously, DT accepted the program and the rest is history.

Bo Jordan rejected PSU and the rest is history, he never reached his goals. Imagine being a high school kid, really liking everything about PSU except you could not work out enough and using that as a reason to not go there. Bo Jordan, as a high school kid, was essentially telling Cael Sanderson with multiple national championships as a coach, Olympic Gold, 159-0 and 4 national championships that he had a better way, or could not trust Cael.
Where would Bo have fit if he HAD come?

He’d had been a great training partner for Mark Hall 😉
He probably would have become a much better wrestler. He still would have had to earn his spot. Fabulous high school wrestlers are coming today knowing that they will face other generational talent to beat for a starting slot. Cael and company will change their lives for the better. That's what they do. Ask our room wrestlers how much it has meant for them to train with the best.
Big Ten GIF by Penn State

Excited We Are GIF by Penn State

Bo Jordan, as a high school kid, was essentially telling Cael Sanderson with multiple national championships as a coach, Olympic Gold, 159-0 and 4 national championships that he had a better way, or could not trust Cael.
It would probably be more accurate to say that Bo's dad and uncle could not trust Cael's methods enough.

Reactions: goldenanimal

And DT - while trying to be diplomatic- is really critical of the Jordan mat wrestling training. The disdain is always there.

You are correct sir. Scuttlebutt was Suriano clearly had other issues with the program, but he wanted to go and wasn't cleared, and this was one key element to his wanting to transfer.
And his father shopped his services.
Footnote, His Dad owned a Pest control business. Connect the dots.
😒🤫

Never reached his goals? Wasn't he in the first group of elite black shirts? Ryan only awards that to almost everyone. Small circle. Ryan probably points out that PSU had more individual champs than he anointed black shirts in the same time frame, so the elite black shirt is rarer and more prestigious

Last edited:
And DT - while trying to be diplomatic- is really critical of the Jordan mat wrestling training. The disdain is always there.
Sticking up for the Jordans a little bit, you don't know what you don't know, thus the training style they had. It was how Gable, J Robinson, Jordans trained. Cael came along and broke that model and showed a better way. Anyone still training with the 70's Gable model, is greatly behind the times (Brand boys).

Never reached his goals? Wasn't he in the first group of elite black shirts? Ryan only awards that to almost everyone. Small circle. Ryan probably points out that PSU had more individual champs than he anointed black shirts in the same time frame, so the elite black shirt is rarer and more prestigious
Well, tOSU also considers Luke Pletcher and Kollin Moore to be 2020 nationals champs (see photo in link below). So maybe Tan Tom has slightly different standards than most.

Well, tOSU also considers Luke Pletcher and Kollin Moore to be 2020 nationals champs (see photo in link below). So maybe Tan Tom has slightly different standards than most.

Oh, to see someone tweet Ryan about that 😅

Yes, and in interviews David gives zero credit to Jordan on how he became very good at mat wrestling, he worked on it outside of Jordan’s wrestling room.
I remember in a Iowa vs PSU simulation bracket, DT was matched up with Marinelli and he was a guest picker also. He said Graham kids can't mat wrestle, I would turn him no issues. Didn't mince words lol.

I guess the difference between great teams and great programs is the latter declares their own national champions.

Someone should let Mark Hall know he was a 2 time National Champ.

Strictly because Carton could not find the mat he was assigned…thus, Pletcher by forfeit!

Reactions: AgSurfer

Ryan also awarded himself the 2020 Coach of the Year Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT