ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Starocci's injury - news, updates, and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. On the basis of that, there's a good chance that they initially thought that the injury was catastrophic and season ending.
Season 8 Tns GIF by THE NEXT STEP

I just got a chance to listen to the Coaches show. Here's a transcription of what Cael said about Carter:

"He has a little extra time, and then another week between the big tens & nationals, so he has some time to get healthy. He's doing pretty well. I'd say, he's doing better than we feared, right away. He's in really good hands with our trainer Dan Monthly. Like I said, we're very optimistic, and Carter's just a tough kid. He's had adversity in every season. Injuries have been a big part of his career, unfortunately, even in high school. He was a little under the radar even then, because he wasn't like dominating on the scoreboard, but a lot of times he was also injured. He's a tough kid & he's dealt with some adversity in the past, so if anybody can do it, he can."

To me, that sounds like he's going to medical forfeit at big tens & take all the time until nationals to heal.

Here's a link to the archived Coaches Show. Cael is the first one up & starts talking about Carter around the 19:30 mark:

Last edited:
I need you guys to help me out here because I hear the 'down in the room' references a lot. I know coach speak but I always assumed that Cael said 'he is down in the room now' - which I took as accurate based on various work-out mechanisms there. Did he actually say 'wrestling', and if so, would that be far fetched based on practice regimens. Who can clarify. I was at StLou for the championships and was hoping Nick would give it a go...

I need you guys to help me out here because I hear the 'down in the room' references a lot. I know coach speak but I always assumed that Cael said 'he is down in the room now' - which I took as accurate based on various work-out mechanisms there. Did he actually say 'wrestling', and if so, would that be far fetched based on practice regimens. Who can clarify. I was at StLou for the championships and was hoping Nick would give it a go...

Dresser is the only coach I know of who says what injuries happened and how long they expect to be out.

Honestly, my biggest concern is that he could re-injure it in a match. That didn't happen with Nolf, but, it certainly could have. I'm just continuing to hope for the best.

Except we don't know that Carter's knee was really injured in any kind of permanent way - especially given Cael's latest phrasing. Carter may not have experienced any kind of lingering injury.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Cael's precise language comparing it to when it actually happened and fears it was serious could mean it ended up not being a serious injury at all (that would be the most logical conclusion given the phrasing used by Coach Cael).
But you know there are some out there secretly hoping it’s really bad. They won’t say it, but you know it’s true.

Reactions: johnstownsteel

Dresser is the only coach I know of who says what injuries happened and how long they expect to be out.
thank you for that. Now, was he in the room wrestling? doesn't mean he was being competitive. Oh well, the word wrestling is the key here - where the stones come from

thank you for that. Now, was he in the room wrestling? doesn't mean he was being competitive. Oh well, the word wrestling is the key here - where the stones come from
He had a broken ankle and was on crutches. Most coaches don't want other coaches and opponents knowing about injuries. I wouldn't put much stock in what coaches say about injuries. Dresser is the only one I remember being honest about it

To me, that sounds like he's going to medical forfeit at big tens & take all the time until nationals to heal.

Here's a link to the archived Coaches Show. Cael is the first one up & starts talking about Carter around the 19:30 mark:

Which sounds consistent with this:

McScoreley

Last edited:
Reactions: SlipperyPete12
I have a hard time believing someone so complimentary of the Ferarri family and on board with AJ joining the Hawks is not an Iowa fan.
Anyone who knows me knows that I don't care about wins and losses its about life after wrestling and what people become. I have helped many kids go to many schools. If I was an Iowa fan I wouldn't have helped Sam Schuyler go to Iowa st . I'm a fan of wrestling and believe it's teaches you for life

Anyone who knows me knows that I don't care about wins and losses its about life after wrestling and what people become. I have helped many kids go to many schools. If I was an Iowa fan I wouldn't have helped Sam Schuyler go to Iowa st . I'm a fan of wrestling and believe it's teaches you for life
I think it is a testament to your character that you choose not to focus on some peoples faults in an effort to help them. While others choose to train their burning eyes on their faults, you are brave enough to shine an ultraviolet light on their good qualities. Blinding news flash here, but 2 of the Ferrari kids have never committed a sex crime.

My son had a torn meniscus. It wasnt the pain that kept him out that year, it was when ever he move, strain, bend a certain way it would lock his knee straight. He had to press on it to unlock it and you could hear a very loud snap when he unlocked it. So it was surgery and out for the year.

Doc says it should last for a bout ten years and he will most likely have to get it repaired again.
This is what led to Ed Ruth's default his freshman year right?

I am not gonna lie I believe the hype 🔥

When was that video posted? I am totally clueless with social media of any kind and couldn't find a date. But I have to agree.....I think he's wrestling B10's. Is that what you meant? I think at least his first match to see how it goes, and any early bout he should be so far superior he can be careful and still dominate.

Reactions: District four
Seems somewhat straight forward. Cael likely initially thought his season was done. With rehab he should be able to compete for nationals. How well he will heal and what product we get is TBD. Bigs don't matter.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes at B1Gs - this guy gives no quarter and wants no quarter, precisely the way I was raised in regards to sports. Proud to say we graduated from same HS.
I'm with you on this....I don't see him MF'ing, at least his first bout.

If he goes in the Big Ten tournament, he doesn’t have to go full throttle to win. All he needs to do is score one more point than his opponents. From what I’ve seen of Carter vs the other guys at his weight, I think he’s quite capable of doing just that without risking any further injury.

Reactions: mhlarch
When was that video posted? I am totally clueless with social media of any kind and couldn't find a date. But I have to agree.....I think he's wrestling B10's. Is that what you meant? I think at least his first match to see how it goes, and any early bout he should be so far superior he can be careful and still dominate.
It was posted around 7pm this evening.

What's to be gained?
It really depends upon how badly he is injured. For all we know, it might not be bad. Different things mean different things to people. It could be a big deal to Carter to go out undefeated. If he is told that he cannot injure it further, then why not go for it.

Of course all of this is speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT