ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson at #4!!!

Not worried because they will lose one more game.

They have to play at NC ST, at SOUTH CAROLINA, FSU (I know they suck but this game might be FSU's super bowl) and the ACC championship game.

Auburn will end up with 4 losses and VT will have a couple more, so those wins won't look all that great in a few weeks...much like their big win over Louisville. Then add in a lose to Syracuse...not that impressive.

hit the nail on the head!

And a loss to Syracuse. Think about that...Syra-freakin-cuse!!!
Lol...I used to work at fort drum. Syracuse had a couple practices on base a couple years ago. A buddy of mine is a Syracuse fan and as we're driving through the gate i mention to him. " I hope the team brought their CAC cards "... He didn't like it...and I'm sure my fellow military will get it.

Herbie already beating the eye test drum. Said psu’s resume will hurt them, but then said if Alabama loses to Georgia they should still get in due to the eye test.

Reactions: JoeBatters1
Auburn will end up with 4 losses and VT will have a couple more, so those wins won't look all that great in a few weeks...much like their big win over Louisville. Then add in a lose to Syracuse...not that impressive.
Auburn will play Georgia to the final minutes of their game. Solid defensive line capable of stopping the run

Herbie already beating the eye test drum. Said psu’s resume will hurt them, but then said if Alabama loses to Georgia they should still get in due to the eye test.

Spot on, I heard him say both those things.

The dumbest thing said all night (no surprise) was from Jesse Palmer. If Oklahoma played Ohio State this week they would lose by 2 TD's. So actual games don't count, only hypotheticals 6 weeks later. He's as dumb as Dinich.

Reactions: odshowtime
Spot on, I heard him say both those things.

The dumbest thing said all night (no surprise) was from Jesse Palmer. If Oklahoma played Ohio State this week they would lose by 2 TD's. So actual games don't count, only hypotheticals 6 weeks later. He's as dumb as Dinich.

Herbie has many needs here are the obvious ones: 1) Optometrist, 2) Ophthalmologist; 3) archaeologist; 4) Psychiatrist and above all; 5) a Kindergarten teacher.

PS: Assholes don't have eyes, do they? ;)

I said this yesterday but the committee is putting more weight on who you beat as opposed to who you lost to in this case.
I'd say they are putting weight on the QB injury, and not considering the loss at all because of that injury, which is fine with me

They have wins over #13 VT (on the road) and #14 Auburn. We have no quality wins at all.
We do have a quality win...Michigan was ranked #17 when we played them, with the top defense in the land. After kicking their ass, all of a sudden, the media narrative is Michigan is no good. We need to hope Michigan can beat Wiscy, and if we really want to dream, OSU. Would likely get them back in Top 15.

Reactions: Mixolydian
Yes. In the 2nd game. They are a far better team now, just as we were last year at this time after having lost earlier to Pitt and getting blown out by Michigan.
OU's win vs OSU was also in the 2nd week. The CFP Commitee, apparently, didn't care when it happened.

The entire process is pure bullshit. Conference winners and 3 at large, problem solved but too
much $$$$ in the current process.

Of course, there would be no debate about choosing those three at large teams. :rolleyes:

And such a setup means that you'd definitely have 2 and even some 3 loss teams making the playoff. Nothing says "deserving of a national championship in college football" than a team that goes 9-3.

Reactions: psu2016

Herbie is right. Even if we win out our top win would be ranked in the 15-NR area.

Georgia would beaten ND and Auburn. Two top ten teams.

The Michigan lost to MSU hurt us.

OU's win vs OSU was also in the 2nd week. The CFP Commitee, apparently, didn't care when it happened.

As an OSU fan I,think if OSU and Oklahoma played each other this Saturday I think OSU would win. But you can’t change history. There are still games to play to get a more complete data set for evaluation.

As an OSU fan I,think if OSU and Oklahoma played each other this Saturday I think OSU would win. But you can’t change history. There are still games to play to get a more complete data set for evaluation.
I agree. And last year, I was 100% certain that if PSU and OSU met again in Nov/Dec, that PSU would have won. PSU was on fire, and OSU was limping. That is why PSU fans were pissed last year

Reactions: Mixolydian
Of course, there would be no debate about choosing those three at large teams. :rolleyes:

And such a setup means that you'd definitely have 2 and even some 3 loss teams making the playoff. Nothing says "deserving of a national championship in college football" than a team that goes 9-3.
So be it. Every other league in America has champions who got hot at the right time. Still better than the current speculative voting BS.

Remember last year when we actually won the conference and got shut out of the playoff? Total bullshit. You win your conference you deserve to be in the playoff. So what if a 2 or 3 loss team is national champ? If they actually win it on the field they deserve it vs some jackhole’s oponion.

I'm more shocked ND is #3, who the hell have they played? On top of that, the CFP committee not choosing O$U in the top #4 is surprising.
If ND wins out, they deserve 3, if they don't, they won't be in top 3
but it's clear that the CFP would love for ND to be in the top 4, which is why they are there now

OSU would beat OU by at least 2 TD's if they played this weekend, even if game was in Norman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT