ADVERTISEMENT

Confused by the lack of West Virginia posts this evening

Others created this regarding WVU not me
So tell them to STFU or you can STFU
I love the "please" at the end as though you weren't being a complete POS prior.
See, you can't just STFU... you just cant do it. Because you're a loser troll. And you are the OP on this thread, so don't play the victim now and say others started this re: WVU. Christ, if PSU beats Ohio St you will downplay it as a down year for OSU and really proves nothing.

Reactions: summitlion1
Because I never do...only you do
Read the quotes I provided and go back to the thread to see who brought up ECU. wasn't me kiddo

You didn't bring up ECU in regards to WVU 5 weeks ago after week 1??? You're full of shit yet again troll-boy. You ABSOLUTELY are the party that brought up ECU relative to WVU. ECU played tonight as well and got hammered yet again to go 0-5 against D1A competition - confused why you aren't talking about them like you did after week 1???

Last edited:
At Auburn gets way more credit
No, playing at Auburn does not get way more credit UNLESS they are a good team. Was Illinois a tough road trip?

I said, we got credit for scheduling and never criticized that. Unfortunately, they had Bryan Harsin as their coach which you and i have discussed repeatedly. I even specifically stated Hugh Freeze when referencing Auburn above, right?

Scheduling Auburn was great--Harsin just destroyed them

Auburn, under Harsin, still had top 15 talent. At worst, top 20. Under Freeze, they are currently not better off just yet. Unless they pull something out of their hind, they looking at 3-4 by the time November rolls around. They draw the longest straw and get Vandy this year and depending on how things go vs Arkansas and Miss St, they might win 6 games before Bama beats them to end the year.

You slant the UGA win over them in a good light. "They were at Auburn. They have Freeze." You piss on our win. It's not objective. It's just trash.

Reactions: EPC FAN and dswartz
See, you can't just STFU... you just cant do it. Because you're a loser troll. And you are the OP on this thread, so don't play the victim now and say others started this re: WVU. Christ, if PSU beats Ohio St you will downplay it as a down year for OSU and really proves nothing.
No I won't. Beating Ohio State is is moving towards being elite. Pretending WVU is good isn't.

No, playing at Auburn does not get way more credit UNLESS they are a good team. Was Illinois a tough road trip?

Auburn, under Harsin, still had top 15 talent. At worst, top 20. Under Freeze, they are currently not better off just yet. Unless they pull something out of their hind, they looking at 3-4 by the time November rolls around. They draw the longest straw and get Vandy this year and depending on how things go vs Arkansas and Miss St, they might win 6 games before Bama beats them to end the year.

You slant the UGA win over them in a good light. "They were at Auburn. They have Freeze." You piss on our win. It's not objective. It's just trash.
It's 100% objective. Has nothing to do with us and everything to do with Auburn

And yes Vandy Miss State and Arkansas are like Northwestern Maryland and Indiana. Where's that wrong?

Who's favored Illinois or Auburn?

So you created this thread entirely so you could argue. Why do you have such a hard on against WVU?
Because they're a horrible team and people refuse to acknowledge it. I'd be making the same argument if I was a Michigan fan and people were telling me anyone they've played this year is good.

You didn't bring up ECU in regards to WVU 5 weeks ago after week 1??? You're full of shit yet again troll-boy. You ABSOLUTELY are the party that brought up ECU relative to WVU. ECU played tonight as well and got hammered yet again to go 0-5 against D1A competition - confused why you aren't talking about them like you did after week 1???
Read the thread and see who brought them up. You'll act surprised.

It's 100% objective.

100% not objective. Auburn is a "bad team" by how you rate teams, yet you are grandstanding with "but UGA played at Auburn" and "Freeze is the coach now" and both of those are irrelevant. At best, Auburn will win 7 games unless they pull of 2 major upsets in back to back weeks. That is a bad team whether you play them at Jordan Hare or on the moon. Your definition.

Being objective is holding yourself to the same standards constantly. Go back and remove everything you glowed upon UGA about Auburn and I will be on your side. Auburn deserves nothing. If Freeze were this great coach, he'd had them undefeated right now. Deion would have if he took over an SEC program that had top 15 talent already in place who were poorly coached. Right?

Reactions: dswartz
100% not objective. Auburn is a "bad team" by how you rate teams, yet you are grandstanding with "but UGA played at Auburn" and "Freeze is the coach now" and both of those are irrelevant. At best, Auburn will win 7 games unless they pull of 2 major upsets in back to back weeks. That is a bad team whether you play them at Jordan Hare or on the moon. Your definition.

Being objective is holding yourself to the same standards constantly. Go back and remove everything you glowed upon UGA about Auburn and I will be on your side. Auburn deserves nothing. If Freeze were this great coach, he'd had them undefeated right now. Deion would have if he took over an SEC program that had top 15 talent already in place who were poorly coached. Right?
Again, where did I say Auburn was good? Winning at Auburn this year will be more favorably viewed by the committee than beating Iowa at home as of today. If Auburn loses out or Iowa wins 10 that likely changes. Do you disagree with that?

Freeze is better than Harsin. That's not saying he's Kirby Smart. They're simply better coached. Low bar.

And, again, this has nothing to do with us. It's looking at other teams and evaluating then and understanding how the committee views things.

Again, where did I say Auburn was good? Winning at Auburn this year will be more favorably viewed by the committee than beating Iowa at home as of today. If Auburn loses out or Iowa wins 10 that likely changes. Do you disagree with that?

Freeze is better than Harsin. That's not saying he's Kirby Smart. They're simply better coached. Low bar.

And, again, this has nothing to do with us. It's looking at other teams and evaluating then and understanding how the committee views things.

You said winning at Auburn was good and better than beating Iowa at home. Completely false. Completely disagree. Iowa might be offensively inept, but they are always very good to great on defense. They don't often get beat 31-0 do they? The view is great in that regard today. Iowa doesn't have to win 10. Auburn doesn't have to lose put.

Auburn means even less this year than they did last year unless they win 9 games. Iowa is Iowa. Michigan didn't score 31 on them last year. And they played in good weather.

UGA has a bad schedule. Ours is a 2 game as you have said. There's is a 0 game + ccg. UK is Iowa lite. Tennessee is not good. Florida neither. You could replace UGA in the SEC East with about 20 teams and probably win it. The West isn't much better is it? LSU got throttled by FSU.

And you can't bounce between objective discussion and "what the committee thinks" and say they are the same thing to defend whatever point you desire to make.

The "great" Garrett Greene took a personal foul penalty for taunting then was waiving goodbye to fans on the sideline on to lose on the last play. Karma.
Bad teams sometimes beat bad teams and sometimes they lose to them. Can we stop pretending now that they lost to a Houston team that lost to Rice that they're decent or good?
Didn't you tell us the best thing to happen to WVU was Greene getting injured? That's pretty clearly not the case.

You said winning at Auburn was good and better than beating Iowa at home. Completely false. Completely disagree. Iowa might be offensively inept, but they are always very good to great on defense. They don't often get beat 31-0 do they? The view is great in that regard today. Iowa doesn't have to win 10. Auburn doesn't have to lose put.

Auburn means even less this year than they did last year unless they win 9 games. Iowa is Iowa. Michigan didn't score 31 on them last year. And they played in good weather.

UGA has a bad schedule. Ours is a 2 game as you have said. There's is a 0 game + ccg. UK is Iowa lite. Tennessee is not good. Florida neither. You could replace UGA in the SEC East with about 20 teams and probably win it. The West isn't much better is it? LSU got throttled by FSU.

And you can't bounce between objective discussion and "what the committee thinks" and say they are the same thing to defend whatever point you desire to make.
Winning at Auburn is bigger than at home against Iowa. Never said it Auburn was good. Not once.

I also have never said Georgia plays a great schedule. They don't this year. I said the SEC is respected by the committee which we all know is factual.

What the committee believes is all that matters, no?

• Haha
Didn't you tell us the best thing to happen to WVU was Greene getting injured? That's pretty clearly not the case.
Oh it's 100%the case. Did you watch thr game? Down 28-24 he overthrew his TE and missed an easy pass in the flat to a wide open back the resulted in a punt. Houston scored to make it 35-24 and then he threw what should have been a pick against a prevent defense before piling up yardage against a "prevent to lose defense" then when they score he takes off his helmet further costing his team the game. Greene is awful. This is one of those situations where people look at stats without any knowledge of the game and look foolish. Numbers are often misleading.

Winning at Auburn is bigger than at home against Iowa. Never said it Auburn was good. Not once.

I also have never said Georgia plays a great schedule. They don't this year. I said the SEC is respected by the committee which we all know is factual.

What the committee believes is all that matters, no?

Nope. If Auburn were good, I'd agree with you. They are a bad team. Not impressive. We went in there last year and won by 29.

Committee believes 0 losses for P5 conference champions is better than 1 loss P5 teams. Why did you argue that? It's what the committee believes.

Oh it's 100%the case. Did you watch thr game? Down 28-24 he overthrew his TE and missed an easy pass in the flat to a wide open back the resulted in a punt. Houston scored to make it 35-24

The backup QB is a lesser passer than Greene. If Greene were out, they get beat 42 - 7. Bad take.

You got WVU not being a good team, but you are absolutely wrong about the backup QB being better.

Oh it's 100%the case. Did you watch thr game? Down 28-24 he overthrew his TE and missed an easy pass in the flat to a wide open back the resulted in a punt. Houston scored to make it 35-24 and then he threw what should have been a pick against a prevent defense before piling up yardage against a "prevent to lose defense" then when they score he takes off his helmet further costing his team the game. Greene is awful. This is one of those situations where people look at stats without any knowledge of the game and look foolish. Numbers are often misleading.
I did watch the game. Maybe you haven't watched other games. Last week Marchiol had 78 yds passing, two interceptions and a QBR of 42.

Greene is their best option to win this year.

Reactions: lazydave841
Nope. If Auburn were good, I'd agree with you. They are a bad team. Not impressive. We went in there last year and won by 29.

Committee believes 0 losses for P5 conference champions is better than 1 loss P5 teams. Why did you argue that? It's what the committee believes.

The backup QB is a lesser passer than Greene. If Greene were out, they get beat 42 - 7. Bad take.

You got WVU not being a good team, but you are absolutely wrong about the backup QB being better.
Because they don't believe that--we've never seen an undefeated P5 from the ACC/Big XII be compared to a 12-1 SEC team?

The don't lose 42-7 lol. Houston can't stop anyone. They gave up 43 to Rice I believe. Did you watch the game? Did you see the countless wideopen receivers Greene missed. I gave you examples from just the final 3 drives of the game. Without even discussing the big, the sacks, the lack of patience in the pocket.

I did watch the game. Maybe you haven't watched other games. Last week Marchiol had 78 yds passing, two interceptions and a QBR of 42.

Greene is their best option to win this year.
They didn't play last week. Greene played 2 weeks ago. How many losses did they have with Greene out? Does none sound correct? If you want to go with Greene is the better option that's great. We can disagree. Greene will always cost his team games--always. His immaturity did yesterday. Do you want your QB to be a guy that costs you 15 yards then is running along the stands waiving goodbye to the crowd with time left or would you play the backup?

Here's the reality....
College football is still very top heavy. There's about 12-14 teams that shouldn't lose to anyone not in that group. Penn State is obviously in that class. Doesn't mean none of those teams will as crazy things happen but when we start pretending Iowa and WVU are good victories all we're doing to trying to make ourselves believe we're better than we are. If everyone wants to praise us for how we're beating subpar teams I don't think anyone here would dispute that but instead have people desperate to hype up wins that aren't against good teams.
Georgia has a horribly weak schedule but the SEC is respected and they've won back to back titles. Bama has to win out to get in.
FSU is luck they don't have two losses
OU only plays Texas this year
The Pac XII is by far the deepest conference and will likely beat each other
The Big Ten comes down to 3 games
I think we all know this yet people want to pretend otherwise.
WVU is a bad football team that beat other bad football teams--it doesn't make them good. They beat TCU & TTU both those teams beat Houston EASILY yet Houston beat WVU. 4 bad teams--anything can happen in those games. But saying WVU is a bad team isn't insulting Penn State--we won comfortably which we should do against bad teams.

Because they don't believe that--we've never seen an undefeated P5 from the ACC/Big XII be compared to a 12-1 SEC team?

The don't lose 42-7 lol. Houston can't stop anyone. They gave up 43 to Rice I believe. Did you watch the game? Did you see the countless wideopen receivers Greene missed. I gave you examples from just the final 3 drives of the game. Without even discussing the big, the sacks, the lack of patience in the pocket.

We have. Just not 4 non-SEC P5 undefeated 13-0 teams.

I turned it on in the 2nd quarter. Watched until right before WVU scored their last TD.

The backup wasn't going to throw on Houston as good as Greene. WVU had no consistent rushing attack from the point I turned the game on until the end. They moved the ball on wheels to the RBs, deep shots, and TE throws. Greene was not very accurate overall, but his deep throws were on the money. The backup hasn't shown that capability.

We have. Just not 4 non-SEC P5 undefeated 13-0 teams.

I turned it on in the 2nd quarter. Watched until right before WVU scored their last TD.

The backup wasn't going to throw on Houston as good as Greene. WVU had no consistent rushing attack from the point I turned the game on until the end. They moved the ball on wheels to the RBs, deep shots, and TE throws. Greene was not very accurate overall, but his deep throws were on the money. The backup hasn't shown that capability.
When have we seen that? Honestly, maybe I'm forgetting something but I don't recall a 12-1 SEC team ever being left out for anyone.

Sure, the backup hasn't shown he can throw a deep ball as accurate but you aren't going to win many games with a QB that can't hit a wide open RB in the flat or a TE running open 7 yards down the field. Those things are going to hurt WVU this season because Greene isn't accurate enough, He barely completes half his throws and that's saved because of the Duquesne game. Marciol is younger and more accurate. He's the guy they should be building around because there's more upside. We know what Greene is as a player--which isn't good enough.

Honestly, Greene's behavior at the end of the game is reason enough not to play him. Is that the guy you want leading your team? If he was our QB he'd be vilified on this board right now. As he should be. You can't be immature or selfish as a QB. He is.

My take on the game:
  • WVa dominated the stats including total yds, 1st downs, and possession.
  • But they allowed a 100 yd KO return for TD.
  • Their WR had a TD pass taken out of his hands for an INT.
  • They had 80 yds of penalties including 15 yds after the go ahead TD which made the Hail Mary pass possible.
WVa gave that game away.

Noteworthy for PSU: WVa couldn't stop Houston's passing game in the second half. It makes Allar's 325 yd performance a bit less impressive.

Reactions: psualt
The "great" Garrett Greene took a personal foul penalty for taunting then was waiving goodbye to fans on the sideline on to lose on the last play. Karma.
Bad teams sometimes beat bad teams and sometimes they lose to them. Can we stop pretending now that they lost to a Houston team that lost to Rice that they're decent or good?
That was an insanely stupid penalty - I have seen that a few times come back to bite a team in the ass - just dumb and he cost his team the game - would have been hard to launch a hail mary starting at the 25 and even gaining a few yards on the first play.

Reactions: LandoComando
My take on the game:
  • They had 80 yds of penalties including 15 yds after the go ahead TD which made the Hail Mary pass possible.
WVa gave that game away.

Noteworthy for PSU: WVa couldn't stop Houston's passing game in the second half. It makes Allar's 325 yd performance a bit less impressive.
Houston was up 35-24 then went conservative (prevent) but it was WVU that gave it away?

My take on the game:
WVa gave that game away.

Watched the second half and there was definitely a lot of action. WVU defense struggled to stop the UH qb who was hitting on all cylinders. I really think WVU could have taken control if the RB (I think) out of the backfield converted the INT into a TD. The defender didnt even do much on the INT...more or less WVU guy bobbled it up in the air high and long enough someone showed up to catch it. I really didnt think the 15 yd penalty would come back to bite them. Greene had a great game and let his emotions overtake him.

Reactions: bdgan
Houston was up 35-24 then went conservative (prevent) but it was WVU that gave it away?
YES!

First Downs: WVa 26, HOU 20
Total Yards: WVa 546, HOU 393
Possession: WVa 37 min, HOU 23 min

Houston won because they got a 100 yd KO return, and INT in the end zone, and WVa had 84 yds in penalties (including 15 yd penalty with 12 seconds remaining which got Houston within Hail Mary range. WVa should have had a 2 score lead at halftime.

WVU definitely blew the game. The INT occurred while up 17-14. A TD there after they forced a punt would have given them some breathing room. Both defenses couldn't stop the other offense. Then, to mount a comeback and take the lead with 12 seconds left only for the QB to put you in minus yardage on the kickoff AND give up a hail Mary, yeah, WVU definitely blew the game.

Reactions: psualt
YES!

First Downs: WVa 26, HOU 20
Total Yards: WVa 546, HOU 393
Possession: WVa 37 min, HOU 23 min

Houston won because they got a 100 yd KO return, and INT in the end zone, and WVa had 84 yds in penalties (including 15 yd penalty with 12 seconds remaining which got Houston within Hail Mary range. WVa should have had a 2 score lead at halftime.
TOP is one of the most meaningless stats in football
Houston's QB completed his last 16 passes. WVU's defense had no answer
Special Teams are part of the game
WVU yardage was padded on the last 2 drives against the "prevent the win" defense.
If Houston didn't drop the easy pick they win by 3 scores.

WVU definitely blew the game. The INT occurred while up 17-14. A TD there after they forced a punt would have given them some breathing room. Both defenses couldn't stop the other offense. Then, to mount a comeback and take the lead with 12 seconds left only for the QB to put you in minus yardage on the kickoff AND give up a hail Mary, yeah, WVU definitely blew the game.
So, we're ignoring them being down 35-24 and Houston dropping a pick that literally ends it half way through the 4th?
Actually, let's go with that. TCU blew the game against WVU then, right? Using your logic here.

So, we're ignoring them being down 35-24 and Houston dropping a pick that literally ends it half way through the 4th?
Actually, let's go with that. TCU blew the game against WVU then, right? Using your logic here.

When a favorite turns the ball over, gets out hustled on special teams, and can't stop a team from completing a pass without DPI, only to get the lead* with 12 seconds left and still lose, yes that is blowing a game.

Houston forced one punt in the 2nd half I believe and capitalized on a turnover. That's a far cry from them dominating the game. They weren't in prevent defense on the 2nd to last TD WVU scored. They just couldn't stop them. WVU almost took too much time to score that TD.

TCU? I didn't watch that game (I listened to parts of it on the radio) so I'll refrain from commenting. How about you tell us?

When a favorite turns the ball over, gets out hustled on special teams, and can't stop a team from completing a pass without DPI, only to get thread with 12 seconds left and still lose, yes that is blowing a game.

Houston forced one punt in the 2nd half I believe and capitalized on a turnover. That's a far cry from them dominating the game. They weren't in prevent defense on the 2nd to last TD WVU scored. They just couldn't stop them. WVU almost took too much time to score that TD.

TCU? I didn't watch that game (I listened to parts of it on the radio) so I'll refrain from commenting. How about you tell us?
They absolutely were in a prevent defense on the second to last drive. They were playing a safe 2 deep without bringing any pressure unlike their standard defense.

if you didn't watch any of the TCU (which is understandable) it's not really worth discussing

They absolutely were in a prevent defense on the second to last drive. They were playing a safe 2 deep without bringing any pressure unlike their standard defense.

if you didn't watch any of the TCU (which is understandable) it's not really worth discussing

Cover 2 isn't prevent. Their pressure wasn't working previously. Quit acting like Houston dominated the game because they took an 11 pt lead. Neither defense could stop the other. Houston scored after an INT and after a punt.

They won the game on a hail mary with 7 seconds left. They were the benefactor of WVU miscues moreso than their own spectacular play. The QB finishing 16/16 was great offense, but completed prayer passes are luck, not skill.

Damn dude. Energizer bunny territory at this point. 😂

Cover 2 isn't prevent. Their pressure wasn't working previously. Quit acting like Houston dominated the game because they took an 11 pt lead. Neither defense could stop the other. Houston scored after an INT and after a punt.

They won the game on a hail mary with 7 seconds left. They were the benefactor of WVU miscues moreso than their own spectacular play. The QB finishing 16/16 was great offense, but completed prayer passes are luck, not skill.
It wasn't a pure cover two--they were 10 yards off trying to get them to run time of the clock hoping it was a long drive if they scored. 100% prevent defense. I mean, Texas Tech out up 49 against them--they didn't change scheme because it wasn't working. Houston did score after an INT and punt isn't that what you're supposed to do? Houston had an easy pick on the last drive that you watched that ends the game with them up 11, right?

WVU took the lead because Houston had two defenders run into each other on 4th down allowing the long TD. That's also luck not skill. We agree a Hail Mary is never skill but the other completions indicate a very weak defense.

Last edited:

The game shouldn't have been played anyway. Neither team can win the NC so it was nothing more than a glorified exhibition.

Reactions: AvgUser
The game shouldn't have been played anyway. Neither team can win the NC so it was nothing more than a glorified exhibition.
Never said they shouldn't play but yes that game is meaningless on a national level. One of the main reason expanded playoffs are needed.

It still would have been meaningless in your opinion.
What's the meaning behind the game? Get to a meaningless bowl game?
I mean, really, the only meaningful part of that game is two coaches trying not to get fired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT