ADVERTISEMENT

Confused by the lack of West Virginia posts this evening

According to a study of board history, of the Commando's 8800 posts, 8104 of them are devoted to the thesis that Penn State only beats bad teams and only goes to meaningless bowl games. He is of course wrong on both counts.

According to a study of board history, of the Commando's 8800 posts, 8104 of them are devoted to the thesis that Penn State only beats bad teams and only goes to meaningless bowl games. He is of course wrong on both counts.

He's just a huge PSU fan..... but objective.... don't you know?

Never once said we only beat bad teams
Bowl games are meaningless with a playoff that's not an opinion

Never once said we only beat bad teams
Bowl games are meaningless with a playoff that's not an opinion
That’s your opinion dickhead. Players work all year, and start practice in Summer heat and end the regular season in the Autumn cold. They go thru multiple emotional ups and downs, and often lifetime friendships are created. They give maximum effort all season long for the enjoyment of millions, and thoughtlessly you want to diminish their work, because bowls aren’t meaningful in of course your opinion.

For many of them playing in a bowl, any bowl is a reward for players, coaches, their families and fans. Are those bowls “meaningful” to you or me with a real playoff system? No, but they’re sure as hell meaningful to the groups listed above. As long as communities and sponsors are willing to underwrite them, and teams are willing to participate, even though not part of a playoff system, what gives you the right to denigrate them.

For once in your selfish opinionated life, stop pontificating about what’s meaningful to you (and I’m certain some others), and allow the thousands of young men who actually play the game reap the benefits of their hard work without your continued simple minded stupidity.

That’s your opinion dickhead. Players work all year, and start practice in Summer heat and end the regular season in the Autumn cold. They go thru multiple emotional ups and downs, and often lifetime friendships are created. They give maximum effort all season long for the enjoyment of millions, and thoughtlessly you want to diminish their work, because bowls aren’t meaningful in of course your opinion.

For many of them playing in a bowl, any bowl is a reward for players, coaches, their families and fans. Are those bowls “meaningful” to you or me with a real playoff system? No, but they’re sure as hell meaningful to the groups listed above. As long as communities and sponsors are willing to underwrite them, and teams are willing to participate, even though not part of a playoff system, what gives you the right to denigrate them.

For once in your selfish opinionated life, stop pontificating about what’s meaningful to you (and I’m certain some others), and allow the thousands of young men who actually play the game reap the benefits of their hard work without your continued simple minded stupidity.
It's not an opinion. Agreed--it's a reward. It's scrimmage and an excuse for the kids to hopefully go somewhere warm, hang out and get some SWAG but the outcome of the game has zero meaning.

You can create all the meaning you want around the event and acknowledge the outcome doesn't matter. It doesn't. At all. In any way. That's why kids sit out and as time goes on, if bowls continue to exist, more and more will.

It's not an opinion. Agreed--it's a reward. It's scrimmage and an excuse for the kids to hopefully go somewhere warm, hang out and get some SWAG but the outcome of the game has zero meaning.

You can create all the meaning you want around the event and acknowledge the outcome doesn't matter. It doesn't. At all. In any way. That's why kids sit out and as time goes on, if bowls continue to exist, more and more will.
This is exactly what many here find so annoying about your posts. You don't think anything you post is your opinion, but fact. You need to get over yourself.

Reactions: 81b&w and AvgUser
This is exactly what many here find so annoying about your posts. You don't think anything you post is your opinion, but fact. You need to get over yourself.
It is a fact
If there's a playoff then the other games have no meaning. Can you name all the bowls games? Can you even name who won the last 5 NY6 Bowls without looking it up? Can you name the 4 playoff teams each year and who won?

It is a fact
If there's a playoff then the other games have no meaning. Can you name all the bowls games? Can you even name who won the last 5 NY6 Bowls without looking it up? Can you name the 4 playoff teams each year and who won?
You proved my point.

It is a fact
I wouldn't know who won the super bowl 6 years ago without looking it up. So no, I can't recite the 4 teams in the playoffs for the last 5 years.

As for myself, I’m surprised some posters are being tight-lipped about Colorado’s recent debacle :cool:

I wouldn't know who won the super bowl 6 years ago without looking it up. So no, I can't recite the 4 teams in the playoffs for the last 5 years.
Then are you a fan of the sport or just a team that plays the sport?

Even your so-called playoff is a meaningless exhibition because it really isn’t a playoff. It’s an invitation to play a game based purely on 100% opinion. That is a fact

Reactions: bdgan
Even your so-called playoff is a meaningless exhibition because it really isn’t a playoff. It’s an invitation to play a game based purely on 100% opinion. That is a fact
Sure...its an Invitational but that's still the only goal is to be in it. If you're not you failed. This is why I want a 24 team playoff with all conferences winners included plus at large teams but people here are stuck in the 80s and want bowl games.

Sure...its an Invitational but that's still the only goal is to be in it. If you're not you failed. This is why I want a 24 team playoff with all conferences winners included plus at large teams but people here are stuck in the 80s and want bowl games.
There are probably 90+ teams that would be happy with a 10-2 season and a major bowl game. They wouldn't consider themselves failures. Heck, Rutgers would be elated to have an 8-4 season.

There are probably 90+ teams that would be happy with a 10-2 season and a major bowl game. They wouldn't consider themselves failures. Heck, Rutgers would be elated to have an 8-4 season.
There's no such thing as "a major bowl game" if it's not in the playoff
Rutgers absolutely would be thrilled with an 8-4 season as they try to become relevant but that doesn't give a bowl game meaning. Just like us going 10-2 last year was a huge step forward but we still failed to accomplish the main goal.

With your response--not sure how that was confusing to you
I posted that you think everything you post is fact. Ypu responded with another opinion that you claim was fact. I said you proved my point, because, once again, you stated something as fact that was opinion. You responded that my response proved your point. I don't understand how it did, but don't know worry, I'm done with you.

I posted that you think everything you post is fact. Ypu responded with another opinion that you claim was fact. I said you proved my point, because, once again, you stated something as fact that was opinion. You responded that my response proved your point. I don't understand how it did, but don't know worry, I'm done with you.
Not an opinion. Dealing with reality. You're "done with" me because you can't stop living in the past. I'm fine not dealing with your nonsense. You literally started a thread to call me out about WVU after 5 games thinking it proved something only for them to lose to Houston.

There's no such thing as "a major bowl game" if it's not in the playoff
Rutgers absolutely would be thrilled with an 8-4 season as they try to become relevant but that doesn't give a bowl game meaning. Just like us going 10-2 last year was a huge step forward but we still failed to accomplish the main goal.
8-4 and a good Bowl game IS the main goal for teams like Rutgers. Colorado would be thrilled with that this year. Years ago Navy beat Notre Dame. That one game made their whole season.

8-4 and a good Bowl game IS the main goal for teams like Rutgers. Colorado would be thrilled with that this year. Years ago Navy beat Notre Dame. That one game made their whole season.
The entire purpose is to win a title. That why people love March Madness because everyone gets an opportunity to do so.

Not an opinion. Dealing with reality. You're "done with" me because you can't stop living in the past. I'm fine not dealing with your nonsense. You literally started a thread to call me out about WVU after 5 games thinking it proved something only for them to lose to Houston.
And you started this thread to call myself and others out.

The entire purpose is to win a title. That why people love March Madness because everyone gets an opportunity to do so.
There are roughly 350 D1 college basketball teams and I doubt that 20 enter the season expecting to win the NCAA tournament.

There are roughly 350 D1 college basketball teams and I doubt that 20 enter the season expecting to win the NCAA tournament.
They enter the season with the objective to make the dance (same as a playoff) and then hopefully go on a run. Everyone has an opportunity. The ultimate goal of everyone is to be the best. Failure is expected but if you set a mediocre goal you'll likely never even be that.

They enter the season with the objective to make the dance (same as a playoff) and then hopefully go on a run. Everyone has an opportunity. The ultimate goal of everyone is to be the best. Failure is expected but if you set a mediocre goal you'll likely never even be that.
You really are an idiot. Changing the goalposts again I see. Nobody here mentioned BB, just you. BB and football are two completely different animals. 85 to 90 % of college football teams know they have no chance of making the playoffs in any given year. Expand it 12 or 24 and 80 % still have no chance. But yet they play the games, and would be thrilled to go to a ( meaningless to you bowl game) because it’s “meaningful” to them. That’s their seasons goal. Bedazzle us with some more “FACTS”.

Reactions: GSPMax and bdgan
You really are an idiot. Changing the goalposts again I see. Nobody here mentioned BB, just you. BB and football are two completely different animals. 85 to 90 % of college football teams know they have no chance of making the playoffs in any given year. Expand it 12 or 24 and 80 % still have no chance. But yet they play the games, and would be thrilled to go to a ( meaningless to you bowl game) because it’s “meaningful” to them. That’s their seasons goal. Bedazzle us with some more “FACTS”.
They aren't different animals. They're sports. The difference is FBS, like all other collegiate sports, including all other levels of football, do it correctly. Expanding to 24 gives every conference an auto-bid which means everyone has a chance.

Meaningful to an individual doesn't make something truly have meaning. Is it meaningful nationally--if not, it's meaningless. #facts.

They aren't different animals. They're sports. The difference is FBS, like all other collegiate sports, including all other levels of football, do it correctly. Expanding to 24 gives every conference an auto-bid which means everyone has a chance.

Meaningful to an individual doesn't make something truly have meaning. Is it meaningful nationally--if not, it's meaningless. #facts.
Here’s an undeniable fact dipshit, you in less than Two years have made 8835 posts (literally at an obsession level) with only 2526 reaction points. Clearly other posters here ( we’re of course uninformed in your exhaled opinion) obviously have little or no interest in what you’re spewing. That’s really a pitiful number. No message board playoffs for you.😀😄😁😆🥲🤣😂😅

Now if you’re going to say that you don’t care what others think, then why in the hell are you here? If not to engage and discuss items with other posters. Because you’re clearly a failure in their eye’s with those numbers. What this reflects is an obsessive compulsive desire to be the center of attention, gain attention, any attention no matter how stupid you sound. Showing what a fool you are is just too damn easy.

Reactions: Papillion
Here’s an undeniable fact dipshit, you in less than Two years have made 8835 posts (literally at an obsession level) with only 2526 reaction points. Clearly other posters here ( we’re of course uninformed in your exhaled opinion) obviously have little or no interest in what you’re spewing. That’s really a pitiful number. No message board playoffs for you.😀😄😁😆🥲🤣😂😅

Now if you’re going to say that you don’t care what others think, then why in the hell are you here? If not to engage and discuss items with other posters. Because you’re clearly a failure in their eye’s with those numbers. What this reflects is an obsessive compulsive desire to be the center of attention, gain attention, any attention no matter how stupid you sound. Showing what a fool you are is just too damn easy.
Reaction points? lol

I'm posting to discuss football. Those that aren't interested in having a real discussing ignoring would be great. Then I wouldn't have to continually explain WVU sucks despite the FACT everyone should know that.

The real question is--why are you and others obsessed with everything I say? The answer--because you know I'm right and you hate that I'm not just spewing drivel pretending everything Penn State does makes us elite.

If you want to join me in reality you're welcome to.

Another meaningless post. You have no chance to win a title so why play the posting game. Your posts are less than meaningless.

Reaction points? lol

I'm posting to discuss football. Those that aren't interested in having a real discussing ignoring would be great. Then I wouldn't have to continually explain WVU sucks despite the FACT everyone should know that.

The real question is--why are you and others obsessed with everything I say? The answer--because you know I'm right and you hate that I'm not just spewing drivel pretending everything Penn State does makes us elite.

If you want to join me in reality you're welcome to.
Do you realize how self centered and arrogant that reply was? Of course you don’t. Delusional megalomaniacs rarely do. Enjoy your day shit for brains.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT