ADVERTISEMENT

Country club membership costs?

One of the advantages that Toftrees in State College offers is that it's a Marriott run property so we get reciprocity at most of their other courses around the world (we pay cart fees only).

Complete List:

United States:
Camelback – Scottsdale, Arizona
Starr Pass – Tucson, Arizona
Cattails – Kingsport, Tennessee
Stone Mountain – Stone Mountain, Georgia
Desert Springs – Palm Desert, California
Marco Island Golf Club – Naples, Florida
Gaylord Springs – Nashville, Tennessee
The Ritz-Carlton Members Club – Sarasota, Florida
Grande Vista – Orlando, Florida
The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club – Orlando, Florida
Griffin Gate – Lexington, Kentucky
The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee - Georgia
Hawk’s Landing – Orlando, Florida
Toftrees – State College, Pennsylvania
Vinoy – St. Petersburg, Florida
Westfields – Clifton, Virginia
Wildfire – Phoenix, Arizona
Shadow Ridge – Palm Desert, California

International
Pine Cliffs Resort – Albufeira, Portugal
Westin La Quinta Resort – Marbella, Spain
Penha Longa – Sintra, Portugal
Sheraton Colonia Golf Resort – Uruguay
Sheraton Deva Resort – Bourail, New Caledonia
Arabella Resort – Western Cape, South Africa
The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club – Grand Cayman Denarau
Fiji Golf & Racquet Club – Nadi, Fiji
Mirage City – Cairo, Egypt
Breadsall Priory – Derby, England
Forest of Arden – Meriden, England
St. Pierre – Chepstow, Wales
Hanbury Manor – Hertfordshire, England
Tudor Park – Maidstone, England
La Iguana – Playa Herradura, Costa Rica
Worsley Park – Manchester, England
You finally taking covid seriously Lar? Honestly your head in the sand “it’s just the flu” schtick was wildly ignorant and didn’t speak highly of your IQ level

Anyone have any idea of the cost to join The Lancaster Country Club?
If you are really interested in joining, call the club, ask the manager about details of how you might apply. If you know a member, ask him or her to get you info and sponsor you. If you don't know any members, sometimes the membership committee will review your application, interview you and possibly sponsor you. In general, many smaller market clubs do not have long waiting lists.

Lancaster just approved a huge clubhouse renovation a year or so ago (clubhouse was huge, historical but also dated). Not sure they started it, finished it or whatever. So, may have some extra capital fees in their initiation fees. It is a great club, excellent golf course (27 holes)
and has a lot of history.

There is another very nice club, Bent Creek, in Lancaster area. It has a beautiful course and newer, beautiful clubhouse. A negative is, it is in a (upscale) housing development.

There are also some other mid level clubs in the area. So, LCC, as good as it is, has competition for members.

Reactions: katchthis
Anyone have any idea of the cost to join The Lancaster Country Club?
My buddy is a full golf member family . Joined about ten years ago 11k down , 25k interest free over ten years . As said above call and ask for the membership director . A lot is going on there with the younger members wanting a big time capital improvement . This could result in a big increase .
I’d also recommend looking at Bent Creek . Pretty amazing greens and a lot less bank .
A big part of what club you choose to join is how do you see yourself fitting in with the membership . Are these people you and your family will mesh with from a personality standpoint .

Last edited:
Reactions: psu_1294
We got a lot of elitists on this board!
Some guys on here "flaunt" their BMW's or fancy cars and second or third homes. Or pay for multiple season tickets every year. I don't demean anybody for that. I applaud them for being able to do so.

I choose to play golf at a nice golf club. I have a nice, modest house and drive a Ford. I attend one or two football games a year. Sometimes I pay for a ticket. Sometimes I go as a guest of my buddy but I drive us 240 miles and pay for his and my food that day. Whatever floats your boat.

If you drive a Mercedes, have 10 seats at Beaver Stadium, have a Beach House, a Florida condo, as well as your mcmansion in PA, give a million to PSU, belong to Merion and Pine Valley, congratulations. You "done good" for you and your family (and PSU)..

My buddy is a full golf member family . Joined about ten years ago 11k down , 25k interest free over ten years . As said above call and ask for the membership director . A lot is going on there with the younger members wanting a big time capital improvement . This could result in a big increase .
I’d also recommend looking at Bent Creek . Pretty amazing greens and a lot less bank .
Not sure when your friend joined, but if more like 12-13 years ago, that was right before the recession. Many clubs like LCC got way up there in initiation $$. However, most HD had to reduce them sharply to re build a full membership. LCC may not gave gone through that, but many clubs did.

I play golf with a doctor (PSU undergrad). He joined our club for $32,500 in like 2007. A year later we were doing a membership drive for $5,000. We are back to $12,500 initiation now but won't see $32,500 for a long time, if ever.

Not sure when your friend joined, but if more like 12-13 years ago, that was right before the recession. Many clubs like LCC got way up there in initiation $$. However, most HD had to reduce them sharply to re build a full membership. LCC may not gave gone through that, but many clubs did.

I play golf with a doctor (PSU undergrad). He joined our club for $32,500 in like 2007. A year later we were doing a membership drive for $5,000. We are back to $12,500 initiation now but won't see $32,500 for a long time, if ever.
Might be correct , time flies . I can pretty much play there 6-8 x a year, so that works for me. I’ve been sitting tight at the same place for 25 years so I haven’t checked around much on fees . I’ve checked some clubs around Naples, Fl and they seem to be very market volatile for the most part .

Surf club in north Myrtle is 2500. 300 dues a month, 175 a quarter for food, 25 for golf cart, and now they have a walking fee of 15. Which I’m not thrilled. Looking to join but was hoping they would run a special initiation fee.

With so many courses here it is a hard decision to commit to one course.
I only play once every ten days. Would play once or twice a week at least 9 holes.

Surf club in north Myrtle is 2500. 300 dues a month, 175 a quarter for food, 25 for golf cart, and now they have a walking fee of 15. Which I’m not thrilled. Looking to join but was hoping they would run a special initiation fee.

With so many courses here it is a hard decision to commit to one course.
I only play once every ten days. Would play once or twice a week at least 9 holes.
I always liked the Surf Club but haven't played there in many years. Price sounds good. Even the food requirement for guy who is a restaurateur. 2-3 hamburgers after golf and 2-3 nice dinners with the wife will easily make that, especially if they include booze (some minimums are food only!).

If you are a member somewhere and like to play, the pros can always do some introductions and get you in with other members or a group about the same skill level and experience as you. It's nice to have some member tee times, so you can get out in spite of the hotel guests. Also, nice to be able to run over at 5:30-6:00, jump in a cart (or possibly walk and carry) and get in a quick nine (or less) and not have to pay a greens fee. As a member, you typically get a nice discount on the food and merchandise as opposed to the resort guests.

However, it depends on your wants/needs. I want a challenging course(s), in good condition, where I can get to know many of the other members and still play some competitive golf. When I just need to have a beer, stop by and somebody I know will be sitting at the bar (Normie and Cliff). Surf Club should be able to provide that for you and it's not far from your business. You have a few nice courses near you, but many MB courses require a pretty good car ride. For me, I don't like to have more than 1-2 beers, if I have to drive 30+ miles home.

Reactions: razpsu
There are two clubs in Ligonier, PA. They are The Rolling Rock Club, old old, old money. Also Laurel Valley golf club. You should check them out. They are really affordable, something like 75k a year I think for starters. My son worked at the R&R club and one time was tasked to go build a fire in the fire place in the room of Tucker Carlson. Man to have that kind of Jinga.
And Ligonier Country Club. Much cheaper....and a very nice course once the greens are redone

Sorry for "flaunting" my daily driver 2003 BMW with 160,000 miles which is worth maybe $6,000 IF I could find the right buyer. BUT it's the only luxury I could afford... used...
Hey, "when you got it, flaunt it". We all have our "vices". They are just different. Once we take care of our needs; food, health, housing, clothing, etc.; if any is left over, enjoy it! (Please be sure you save a little for a rainy day or a Pandemic)!

Reactions: PSUfiji
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT