ADVERTISEMENT

Day 1 multiscreen coverage...

Psubiomed

Jul 25, 2021
...it's been my experience that the ESPN plus feed is SLIGHTLY ahead of the LIVE ESPNU feed time wise. We'll see how things go this time around

The ESPN/ESPNU feed is always a bit behind the ESPN+ feed. I do a 5 TV setup for the years that I don't go. Last year, for some reason, I was watching a bottom TV during the Ramos-Spencer pin. I had like 6 other people watching, and I started going crazy like 5 seconds before they realized why.

My set up is couch-laptop- TV. The TV on ESPN which has traditionally been run by someone who does not know that PSU wrestlers are making history so the laptop is multi screen back up. I hop on here using my phone usually to scream incoherently about something awesome. Today year after year I spend the day hoping on Flo and PSU X (Twitter ) to catch a glimpse of teams warming up. For some reason I freaking love that footage. In 2017 I caught a glimpse of Freshman Cenzo and Hall warming up together with Cael lounging in the background. Less than 24 hours to go...

My set up is couch-laptop- TV. The TV on ESPN which has traditionally been run by someone who does not know that PSU wrestlers are making history so the laptop is multi screen back up. I hop on here using my phone usually to scream incoherently about something awesome. Today year after year I spend the day hoping on Flo and PSU X (Twitter ) to catch a glimpse of teams warming up. For some reason I freaking love that footage. In 2017 I caught a glimpse of Freshman Cenzo and Hall warming up together with Cael lounging in the background. Less than 24 hours to go...

I'll have to snap a picture of my 5 TV (actually 6) setup for nationals (when I don't go). My main 85" TV will be on the main feed (ESPN/ESPNU). Then I have two 60" TV's below the main one. Those will swap from mat to mat, finding PSU guys or other guys that my group wants to watch. Then, there is another TV straight across from my other couch that will be on Trackwrestling, showing mat assignments, with a TV below there with whatever the group wants. Then, for those on my side couch, they can check out the TV over my bar, which my one buddy usually has racing on (or basketball, if he isn't there)

I'll have to snap a picture of my 5 TV (actually 6) setup for nationals (when I don't go). My main 85" TV will be on the main feed (ESPN/ESPNU). Then I have two 60" TV's below the main one. Those will swap from mat to mat, finding PSU guys or other guys that my group wants to watch. Then, there is another TV straight across from my other couch that will be on Trackwrestling, showing mat assignments, with a TV below there with whatever the group wants. Then, for those on my side couch, they can check out the TV over my bar, which my one buddy usually has racing on (or basketball, if he isn't there)
This is the single greatest setup I have ever seen! Five stars!

Reactions: mvattivo
This is the single greatest setup I have ever seen! Five stars!

It's not quite as good as being there, but, we've had some great moments enjoying the festivities through the years. I'm surprised the cops weren't called on us by the neighbors when Spencer got decked. (I was at the arena for the Bo pin and the Cenzo-Imar pin)

What has been a problem in the past is the screen with Trackwrestling kept showing ads, but, now that it's linked with FloWrestling, I don't think that will be a problem this year (I'm hoping)

The ESPN/ESPNU feed is always a bit behind the ESPN+ feed. I do a 5 TV setup for the years that I don't go. Last year, for some reason, I was watching a bottom TV during the Ramos-Spencer pin. I had like 6 other people watching, and I started going crazy like 5 seconds before they realized why.
how do you stream to all 5 TV's via the ESPN+?

When I was a kid, Thanksgiving dinner was nuts. We had maybe 10-12 people sitting around the table (depending on girlfriend situation with the 4 brothers) with a huge turkey. And sitting around the table on whatever surface was available were 3 or 4 TVs. Penn State-Pitt, Nebraska-Oklahoma, Notre Dame-SoCal were always on Thanksgiving and we didn't miss a down.

Reactions: mvattivo
Would be cool to see some pics of the setups people are using this time around. Mine is pretty plain, laptop, large monitor & the TV.

When I was a kid, Thanksgiving dinner was nuts. We had maybe 10-12 people sitting around the table (depending on girlfriend situation with the 4 brothers) with a huge turkey. And sitting around the table on whatever surface was available were 3 or 4 TVs. Penn State-Pitt, Nebraska-Oklahoma, Notre Dame-SoCal were always on Thanksgiving and we didn't miss a down.
Penn State vs Pitt was usually the Day after but good stuff

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Very fond memory of the Dan Marino game where he was trampled to death in a stampede during an interception return.

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
Is any wrestling being shown on Big Ten + today? Scrolling through today's event calendar no wrestling comes up.

Is any wrestling being shown on Big Ten + today? Scrolling through today's event calendar no wrestling comes up.
You ever have that dream where you show up to school, and there’s a test, and you did not study for it? 😀

Reactions: wcg207
OZgiGQB.jpeg

My setup for the weekend.

You’all convinced to lug my old 42 inch Panasonic plasma purchased 15 years ago to my watch room so I’ll have more than one feed going

Reactions: Creek Side
What’s the right play for two screens, ESPNU on one TV and the mat I want to specifically watch on the other? All mats feed on one TV?

What’s the right play for two screens, ESPNU on one TV and the mat I want to specifically watch on the other? All mats feed on one TV?
I have matcast on my laptop and then whatever individual match I want on my tv. Phone for keeping up with all of you on here and maybe for a match here and there if I really need an extra screen. I wish I had a group of like minded wrestling fanatics to watch with me but it’s just me today so a sincere thank you to everyone on this site for helping me feel connected. I couldn’t ask for a better group to follow this incredible tournament with. Let’s go!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT