ADVERTISEMENT

Does Iowa have a Cael Sanderson Problem?

No more than PSU and everyone else had a "Gable problem" back in the day. Just a writer's twist on Penn State's success. Regardless of how anyone wants to spin the current situation, right now Cael is the CEO of a program that is successful and, hard to believe, still on the rise by several metrics.

This story is a fun read...though imo, it's just another in a long line of stories, with more to come in the future, about our success.

Last edited:
Completely off topic, but Nolf was in Iowa yesterday doing a clinic and I had the chance to visit with him in person and watch him teach. I was like a star struck teenager. He is amazing in everything he does. All 157 lb. wrestlers have a big Jason Nolf problem and its only going to get worse the next 2 years.

Completely off topic, but Nolf was in Iowa yesterday doing a clinic and I had the chance to visit with him in person and watch him teach. I was like a star struck teenager. He is amazing in everything he does. All 157 lb. wrestlers have a big Jason Nolf problem and its only going to get worse the next 2 years.
I've been thinking he has the kind of intensity and charisma that might make him a great coach.

Reactions: diggerpup

SJP -- I don't have a monopoly on posting all of the interesting articles. That said, it's usually best to check the Articles for ... posts I make. The article you linked was published on Tuesday of this past week, and posted as one of the links in my Articles for Wednesday post.

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/articles-for-wednesday.174610/

I've been thinking he has the kind of intensity and charisma that might make him a great coach.

Since we cant have all our guys come back to coach at PSU....perhaps some day the country will be filled with ex-PSU greats coaching other colleges against us.
We may be slowly planting the seeds of our own destruction.

Geez....I must be desperate for something to worry about.; gotta go read the other news.

Reactions: jschrantz
Since we cant have all our guys come back to coach at PSU....perhaps some day the country will be filled with ex-PSU greats coaching other colleges against us.
We may be slowly planting the seeds of our own destruction.
Not concerned about your last sentence, though I believe you are right about the coaching-tree that may increase from the PSU wrestling ranks. It's a form of flattery, and something to be embraced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT