ADVERTISEMENT

Ellison Jordan

For those that dont want to hear the stream of consciousness of a 20 year old, basically jordan feels like he recieved poor medical care at penn state that has required further knee surgeries to fix. He has also been battling depression and it appears the coaches and staff were isolating him from the team, for what he thinks are liability issues. He is mad, refused to sign medical hardship waivers and questions the "family" atmosphere being promoted.

Anyone else watching the twitter video?

Yes.

I feel bad for the kid. He has a lot of things going on at the moment. and usually lets his feelings known to the public, which isnt always the best way to go about things.

He's been in here in the past. Ellison, if you're reading this. Best of luck in your future.

Nothing but the best. We Are.

Anyone else watching the twitter video?
That's too bad. He was a promising prospect. I have no idea why he would have received substandard medical care.

Any word on Hansard? We could really use some depth at DT.

Reactions: BBrown
Sounds like PSU medical staff has some explaining to do.
I'll take a crack at an explanation...when you're injured things don't always go the way you would like them to go, and infections are common after surgery. Now stop trying to place the blame on others as you clearly have had issues with being injured starting in HS.

Last edited:
If you watched his video you know that he reads these boards based on what he was saying about "fans". I hope he finds peace wherever he ends up.

As for those that want a PSU explanation, I doubt it is protocol to reply to a 20 year old on twitter.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Didn't he create an account here and threaten someone on the board? Obviously could've been some good old fashioned trolling. Tom put an end to the whole thing before it blew up.

I'll take a crack at an explanation...when you're injured things don't always go the way you would like them to go, and infections are common after surgery. Now stop trying to place the blame on others as you clearly have issues with being injured starting in HS.

Pump the brakes there. He said while rehabbing they had him take the brace off which brought on an injury. When consulting the surgeon, the surgeon said that should have never happened. It's one kid's word against PSU but that's not a good look.

It's interesting. And I wish the kid nothing but the best. But I'm not going to place blame here. There are many sides to this story. We only heard his.

Hopefully he makes it to the NFL someday.

Pump the brakes there. He said while rehabbing they had him take the brace off which brought on an injury. When consulting the surgeon, the surgeon said that should have never happened. It's one kid's word against PSU but that's not a good look.

The infection happened after surgery with his own doctor, not the Penn State doctors (at least that's how I'm reading it). And that doctor confirmed that there wasn't any structural damage. I don't want to talk bad about a kid. He seems like a nice kid. So I'll just suggest we not speculate about anything we don't know related to his injuries.

The portal express to Maryland via hardship, medical neglect, staff isolation from other members of the team. Good Lord, what the heck have we done to Ellison.
Good luck young fellow, I hope your medical issues can be resolved and you comfortably connect with another university if you desire.

Reactions: MJG-90
You know, I am starting to wonder what’s going on with the medical staff. Adam Breneman was told by our doctors that his career was over and then he’s able to go play football elsewhere. Then you have Tommy’s foot which didn’t seem to be handled well and possibly contributed to the transfer. Then you have Fleming choosing to go elsewhere after PSU led for so long and part of his reason was due to ‘how shorter’s injury was handled.’ Now we have Ellison unhappy with his care. There’s definitely some smoke but it’s hard to see what’s causing it. Anyone know anything about this medical staff?

Adam Breneman was told by our doctors that his career was over and then he’s able to go play football elsewhere.

He sat out a full year. Then went to UMass (not exactly the B1G or SEC). He played for two years -- mostly just playing and not practicing, then retired again because of the same knee issues. I don't think Adam is a good example to use here.

Sounds like PSU medical staff has some explaining to do.

Not really. He got a second opinion. His own doctor did a surgery and he had problems AFTER that. Whose fault this that?

HE is 5'10 and weighs 300+. What do you expect? He should probably drop 100lbs+.

Reactions: marshall23
I doubt this is a coincidence.

https://www.readingeagle.com/sports/article/penn-states-former-team-doctor-returns

Penn State's former team doctor returns
Wayne Sebastianelli will resume his previous role

WRITTEN BY RICH SCARCELLA

Longtime Penn State football team doctor Wayne Sebastianelli, who was reassigned in 2013, has returned to his former role.

Sebastianelli again is Penn State's director of athletic medicine and a football team doctor. His photograph and title appear in the Nittany Lions spring football guide, which was released Wednesday.

The 61-year-old Sebastianelli, a native of Jessup in northeastern Pennsylvania, returned to his job March 1. He replaced Scott Lynch, who was hired as the football team's orthopedic consultant in 2013 and became director of athletic medicine in 2014.

Lynch serves as a professor in Penn State's College of Medicine and director of orthopedic sports medicine at Penn State Health Hershey Medical Center.

"He (Lynch) will now be committing more time to growing responsibilities in Hershey," according to a release from Penn State Health.

Sebastianelli, who continued to work for Penn State, will work next to Peter Seidenberg, who replaced him as team physician in 2013.

He first was hired as team doctor and orthopedic surgeon in 1993.

You know, I am starting to wonder what’s going on with the medical staff. Adam Breneman was told by our doctors that his career was over and then he’s able to go play football elsewhere. Then you have Tommy’s foot which didn’t seem to be handled well and possibly contributed to the transfer. Then you have Fleming choosing to go elsewhere after PSU led for so long and part of his reason was due to ‘how shorter’s injury was handled.’ Now we have Ellison unhappy with his care. There’s definitely some smoke but it’s hard to see what’s causing it. Anyone know anything about this medical staff?
1. Adam decided to walk away from football. Then after a period of time and rest he returned. He eventually had to give up football due to the knee.

2. Tommy transferred for one reason and one reason only. He wanted to be promised he would start.

And now he deletes everything and takes everything back...

Boy Dawg
@bigeazy95 3m
Let’s things be clear I didn’t OFFICIALLY transfer. I repeat I didn’t OFFICIALLY transfer.

Boy Dawg
@bigeazy95 2m
And I am not transferring from Penn St. Was just a little frustrated

Boy Dawg
@bigeazy95 2m
I was just a little bit frustrated.

64782053_10219105054280301_3895320417308508160_n.jpg

Reactions: step.eng69

smh. So much wrong here.

Reactions: Hotshoe and angus11
You just have to cut everybody a break here. Injuries are an every day fact of life in this sport, which is an awful thing but it is what it is.

I have a family member who's a physician and hearing them talk about the work, the most striking thing is how much the doctor doesn't know, how much the doctor can't predict. Most of medical care is educated guessing based on incomplete information and trying to make the best choice based on probabilities -- but the best CHOICE doesn't ensure the best outcome. Sometimes outcomes just suck.

Certainly no need to assume there was anything wrong with the medical care based on one case not going well. When you're dealing with injuries and surgeries, stuff happens. Bodies don't respond in the textbook way sometimes. Luck plays a big role and sometimes the luck is bad. Penn State players get top shelf care from a variety of physicians -- doesn't mean mistakes don't happen but if you studied outcomes statistically, probably the care would be very good.

At the same time Jordan deserves support and compassion and understanding. These guys work extremely hard for many years, it's incredibly disappointing when their careers don't play out they want and the NFL dreams don't happen. It has to be depressing and plus, head injuries (and I'm not saying that's part of this case) can make the psychological roller coaster worse. I think we should be grateful for his contributions to PSU football and supportive as he moves on to whatever the next chapter is.

What the heck? Hope Ellison eventually finds solace with his medical issues.
Family...one for all & and all for one. Welcome back to the family.

Hope he gets it figured out. Social media, and following players/recruits, has made college football less enjoyable for me. Really just here for the Saturdays (and OT talk about movies, bands, TV shows, cocktails, etc.) :)

You just have to cut everybody a break here. Injuries are an every day fact of life in this sport, which is an awful thing but it is what it is.

I have a family member who's a physician and hearing them talk about the work, the most striking thing is how much the doctor doesn't know, how much the doctor can't predict. Most of medical care is educated guessing based on incomplete information and trying to make the best choice based on probabilities -- but the best CHOICE doesn't ensure the best outcome. Sometimes outcomes just suck.

Certainly no need to assume there was anything wrong with the medical care based on one case not going well. When you're dealing with injuries and surgeries, stuff happens. Bodies don't respond in the textbook way sometimes. Luck plays a big role and sometimes the luck is bad. Penn State players get top shelf care from a variety of physicians -- doesn't mean mistakes don't happen but if you studied outcomes statistically, probably the care would be very good.

At the same time Jordan deserves support and compassion and understanding. These guys work extremely hard for many years, it's incredibly disappointing when their careers don't play out they want and the NFL dreams don't happen. It has to be depressing and plus, head injuries (and I'm not saying that's part of this case) can make the psychological roller coaster worse. I think we should be grateful for his contributions to PSU football and supportive as he moves on to whatever the next chapter is.
I agree. I just wish our players were mature enough not to take issues to twitter. It almost always makes issues worse. That said, most adults in public life (politicians, celebrities, etc.) aren't mature enough to keep things off of twitter that doesn't reflect well on them. But I would still sit the team down and preach that very little good ever comes from twitter. If there is an issue, come to us and talk.

Thank you, Tom. Very well said.

Reactions: step.eng69
I agree. I just wish our players were mature enough not to take issues to twitter. It almost always makes issues worse. That said, most adults in public life (politicians, celebrities, etc.) aren't mature enough to keep things off of twitter that doesn't reflect well on them. But I would still sit the team down and preach that very little good ever comes from twitter. If there is an issue, come to us and talk.

When you have grown men, myself included, who spend a good amount of time on message boards (and those who actually communicate with them directly via social media) discussing players and recruits, and putting everything they write here to discuss and obsess over, I think gives them the agency to get things off their chest. It's easier than ever before to do with twitter, Instagram, FB, etc.

Hope he gets it figured out. Social media, and following players/recruits, has made college football less enjoyable for me. Really just here for the Saturdays (and OT talk about movies, bands, TV shows, cocktails, etc.) :)
Agree. I enjoyed it more when you didn't know who the new players were until you went to the first game and read the roster. And you didn't know how good they were until they got on the field.

Agree. I enjoyed it more when you didn't know who the new players were until you went to the first game and read the roster. And you didn't know how good they were until they got on the field.

It was more exciting when there wasn't 24/7/365 coverage of recruits and their visits and recruiting threads that are for current high school eighth graders. Social media has made everything twice as annoying as before. I remember watching that TV station in State College that had Phil's call-in show on it and that ran community announcements and one day seeing Gus Felder committed to Penn State - miss those days.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT