ADVERTISEMENT

Escape the Rock 2017 Field

dicemen99

Nov 15, 2005
Escape the Rock will be announcing the 2017 field via a Selection Show on YouTube. ETR will announce @5 teams per day until the field is complete.

Day 1 is up:

Day 2 is up:

Day 3 is up:

Day 4 is up:

Day 5 is up:

I will update this thread as more teams are announced.

Last edited:
Looks great Dice! What are the dates for the 2017 ETR?

Saturday, January 14th & Sunday, January 15th. I think you're from Western PA, right? We definitely have some Western PA flavor now and are worth the trip. Anyone from BWI who makes the trip from D6 or D7 territory hit me up and I may ;) have the pull to get you a pass to the hospitality room. Not to be missed - they rave about the Virginia Duals, but our's is #1 without a doubt. How do you think we get all these good teams, lol?

Saturday, January 14th & Sunday, January 15th. I think you're from Western PA, right? We definitely have some Western PA flavor now and are worth the trip. Anyone from BWI who makes the trip from D6 or D7 territory hit me up and I may ;) have the pull to get you a pass to the hospitality room. Not to be missed - they rave about the Virginia Duals, but our's is #1 without a doubt. How do you think we get all these good teams, lol?

Thanks For the offer Dice! Looks like a great tournament. Busy time of the year for me. Hope to make it.

Can't put more than 5 pieces of media in one post so I have to update Days 6-9 on this post:

Day 6 is up:

Day 7 is up:

Day 8 is up:

Day 9 is up:

Last edited:
Good looking tournament Dice...lots of tough teams! The intro videos are great too!

Thanks for the props. We are getting a lot of good feedback on them and our internet presence has shot through the roof over the past year. Promote, promote, promote has become a mantra in the sport the last few years and you can really see the results. I'm getting so spoiled now I'm complaining about not getting full boxscores on a offseason all-star dual. I remember the days of waiting to read a 2nd hand ditto copy of the Inquirer wrestling rankings (done by a ref, Rich Solofsky, who was obviously well ahead of his times) in the stands at wrestling tournaments.

2 more to go...more tough teams and individuals coming. I think we may have 8 or 9 teams who have a shot to make an appearance in the Intermat Fab 50 next year and we should be well over 50 kids who have some kind of national ranking by tournament time.

Day 8 bump.

Day 9 will be the final team announcements and be published on Friday.

Day 9 got delayed due to me having to drive to Pittsburgh to pick up my son from college (his first plan for a ride home fell through last minute). We will have it up Monday morning. Sorry, posted this update on facebook and twitter, but forgot to post it here.

Is this the first competition for Gaige Garcia at the varsity level?

It won't be the first, but traditionally Southern Columbia starts their season much later than other teams. I'm not privy to their schedule next year - except that they will be at ETR - but I would think he will take the mat at Escape the Rock with less than 10 varsity matches under his belt.

Is this the first competition for Gaige Garcia at the varsity level?
Southern Columbia starts wrestling late because they consistently go deep into the football playoffs. This year their wrestling schedule began with a holiday tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT