ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Press Release for the Division 1 National Wrestling Championships from MSG

amalone

Oct 12, 2005
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...rom-madison-square-garden-for-the-first-time/

Last years complete cast of announcers are returning plus the color analyst from Steven Baldwin returns. His wrestling knowledge and his delivery were a thing of beauty in last years telecast along with Shawn Kenney, Adam Amin, Jim Gibbons, Tim Johnson and Anthony Robles.

Coverage at every mat for the 3rd straight year along with special guest (pieces).

ESPN3’s scoreboard/navigation page will keep viewers up-to-date on current action and which mats each wrestler is on. When applicable, updates on up to eight mats will be provided on this page.

Does it get any better in collegiate wrestling? No way!!! Big time coverage in the Big Apple... media hub of the United States. Hopefully some records are produced in viewership and collegiate wrestling gets a true showcase. I think you'll notice it in the way the announcers cover big matches. And there will be plenty. March madness... yes... from a sport like no other. Let's get it on!!!

Last edited:
It will be a great showcase Chief. Good luck to the Hawks. There will be so many can't miss matches. All of them. ;)

Some will be the edge of the your seat variety as the days dwindle to one. Man... is Saturday going to be a special night. WOW...

Reactions: JBott
Stat revisited from last year:

2015 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships Finals ViewershipThe 2015 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships Finals on Saturday, March 21, 2015 averaged 694,000 viewers on ESPN with an additional 1.6 million minutes consumed on WatchESPN, a 10% increase in television viewers (630,000) and 148% increase in WatchESPN consumption (644,000) over the 2014 Championship Finals — also shown on ESPN in prime time. Additionally, WatchESPN more than doubled its total unique viewers during the 2015 Championship Finals when compared to 2014.

Throughout the entire tournament, “every mat, every match” coverage on ESPN3 combined with live access to ESPN and ESPNU on WatchESPN resulted in more than 21.3 million minutes viewed throughout the three days, a 67% increase over last year’s same coverage (12.7 million minutes consumed).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT