ADVERTISEMENT

Evening Game Thread

lazydave841

Jan 9, 2021
Lanning gambles on 4th down, incomplete.

Washington scores in 2 plays to take the lead.

36-33 Huskies. 1:38 left. Oregon 1 time out.

Lanning gambles on 4th down, incomplete.

Washington scores in 2 plays to take the lead.

36-33 Huskies. 1:38 left. Oregon 1 time out.
Very glad Lanning isn't our HC. He gambles way too often for no reason. He passed up multiple scoring opportunities earlier in the game.
Going to be a great ending here.

Very glad Lanning isn't our HC. He gambles way too often for no reason. He passed up multiple scoring opportunities earlier in the game.
Going to be a great ending here.

The biggest problem I had with that gamble (only one I got to see) is Nix didn't have a run option it seemed.

Punting there would have ate more time. Washington scores in 3 or 4 plays instead of 2.

FG missed. Huskies win.

It won't last but Pitt and Louisville tied at 7 after a quarter. CV only 1 for 6 but has a TD. Louisville losing would be good for us

Tough loss for Oregon but that's on Lanning

The biggest problem I had with that gamble (only one I got to see) is Nix didn't have a run option it seemed.

Punting there would have ate more time. Washington scores in 3 or 4 plays instead of 2.

FG missed. Huskies win.
Washington only had 7 points in the second half to that point. i'd make them go 85-90 yards but, yes, if you go for it Nix has to have a run option.

Washington still has 4 ranked opponents left--should be interesting to see if they can run the table.

Washington only had 7 points in the second half to that point. i'd make them go 85-90 yards but, yes, if you go for it Nix has to have a run option.

Washington still has 4 ranked opponents left--should be interesting to see if they can run the table.

True, but they got stopped on 4th and goal from the 1.

I can't say that I like the call, but the way offenses move these days in the 2 minute drill, it seems the best option is play keep away.

True, but they got stopped on 4th and goal from the 1.

I can't say that I like the call, but the way offenses move these days in the 2 minute drill, it seems the best option is play keep away.
No, you're right, I can agree with that. It's just the combination of the drive at the end of the first half and a drive earlier in the second half when he passed on FGs and came away with nothing. There's too many high risk decisions.

Lanning was a DC--it just seems so high risk for him especially with him having worked for Kirby and Saban

Reactions: lazydave841
ND now just up 7-3.

USC seemingly got conservative there.

Does ND have enough offense to keep up?

FG missed. Huskies win.
It was moronic .....trust your damn defense

Apparently. I'm not willing to denigrate him quite yet, but these days the hot takes are borderline hyperbole.
Yeah I'm not writing him off of anything it's just funny how often someone is the best in X years

Pitt beating Louisville lol. Tons of time left but it's funny.

Pick Six for Pitt...up 10 about to go to the 4th quarter--just comical
It’s funny how he doesn’t play so well against any team that can physically manhandle that offense, like Utah did to him last season. Can you imagine what he would do if he played in the Big 10 East this season? USC and Riley are going to be in for a rude awakening next season.

Also, while he obviously has talent, his technique has been terrible in this game.

I can't wait to see what USC does against the good Pac XII teams after this. Do they give up 50+ in those games?

Air Force trying to prove me right lol

It’s funny how he doesn’t play so well against any team that can physically manhandle that offense, like Utah last season. Can you imagine what he would do if he played in the Big 10 East this season?

Also, while he obviously has talent, his technique has been terrible in this game.
I'd love to see him have to go against us, Ohio State and Michigan in the same season. And, yes, the kid is going to be a very high first round pick and might end up being great at the next level. The hype was just a little much. He isn't Andrew Luck for example.

The QB for Missouri just did exactly what Pribula did where he bent down behind the OLine and then threw a pass…and there was 11 minutes left in the game and Missouri had a 7 point lead. He was definitely not faking taking a knee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT