ADVERTISEMENT

FC: CSS Failure To Report charge thrown out by judge

Not bullet but probation and a $200 fine as opposed to Seven years and a $20,000 fine is a good indication.

Steve Sloan was an ADA in the Centre County DA's Office at the time who was a very close friend of the DA at the time, Gricar. He was listed in one of Ganim's articles as being involved in the 1998 Sandusky case.

He also released the Dictaphone message from 1998.
Ice Ice baby. http://www.collegian.psu.edu/news/crime_courts/article_9b431e64-f3ee-11e2-99d8-0019bb30f31a.html

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance, but who is Sloan? I can't recall seeing that name.
So Sloane's a new bullet point, the guy who is going to save the OAG's ass?

Sure.

Edit: after reading that story about him, if Sloane is the new bullet point, it just goes to show you how desperate the OAG really is.

That would depend what he has to say, and what evidence exists supporting that.

Here is the sentence: http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/crime/article42826998.html

He was facing 7 years, and a $10,000 fine. He got probation and a $100 fine.

Last edited:
That would depend what he has to say, and what evidence exists supporting that.
Where's your link?
ICYMI here's mine: http://www.collegian.psu.edu/news/crime_courts/article_9b431e64-f3ee-11e2-99d8-0019bb30f31a.html

And on the odd chance that your internet service is unreliable this week, here's the text:

Former Assistant DA Steve Sloane pleads guilty
  • By Olga Hajishengallis | Collegian Staff Writer
  • Jul 24, 2013
  • Abby Drey
District attorney Steve Sloane watches intently as a press conference releases information about six Penn State Football players that were charged. Sloane pleaded guilty to five felonies last Thursday.

Former Centre County Assistant District Attorney Steve Sloane pleaded guilty to five felonies last Thursday related to charges of distributing marijuana, a spokesperson from the Attorney General’s Office said.

Sloane pleaded guilty to three counts of possession with intent to deliver, one count of conspiracy and one count of criminal use of a communication facility. He will be sentenced Sep. 6, the spokesperson said.

Sloane’s charges came after the Modesto Police Department in Modesto, Calif. intercepted a package on Oct. 26, 2011. The package — which was from a man named Steven Ice, and was addressed to Sloane at his law office — included two ounces of marijuana, 20 hydrocodone pills, as well as a receipt given to the person who shipped it for $250, as previously reported.

Police further discovered text messages exchanged between Sloane and Ice that showed Ice was sending drugs to Sloane in packages.

When his partners were informed of the investigation, Sloane was terminated from what is now Masorti & Donaldson, P.C. in October 2011, where he practiced law.

Sloane’s previous positions include assistant district attorney during the initial 1998 investigation of former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, as well as Penn State lecturer in crime, law and justice before leaving the university in December 2011.

Olga Hajishengallis can be reached at oih5020@psu.edu or (814) 865-1828. Follow her on Twitter at @OAH_PSU

Tags

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Between Sloane and JJ lining up against them, I have to believe CSS attornies are madly scrambling to revive settlement discussions.

And who knows, heavy hitter witness Bernie McCue could be waiting in the wings...

Wow, if this pillar of the community is the OAG's "star" witness, no wonder C/S/S are confident in their defense.

JJ... you've seen Sloane on facebook. You know he's not "all there" anymore. Maybe it was the car wreck, maybe it was the drugs (though I believe the drug charges were trumped up, possibly even a set up... but there's no doubt Sloane had a painkiller issue a few years back). But if this is who the OAG has as a witness, it's not a very good one.

As a Gricar aficionado, I'm interested as hell in what Sloane has to say about '98. But I don't think he's going to appear as credible to a jury as he would be to you or me.

JJ... Emma Gricar recalls Ray talking about the '98 investigation. Apparently in enough detail that she remembered it 14 years later. Why has she not given any sort of testimony or been interviewed regarding the '98 incident?

If this is the best they got, does anybody really think this will go to trial? How much public humiliation are they willing to take?

Someone needs to help me out here. I keep seeing a lot of 1998 discussion from STD. Are there charges for anything other than the 2001 incident? I'm trying to stay on topic, and that's why I need someone to hit me over the head. To my way of thinking, there are no charges for 1998, there are no charges related to any of "what might have been known" back in time. These charges are strictly with respect to 2001. And nothing should be allowed in trial that would deal with anything other than this specific incident. Am I correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nellie R
Usually guys like Sloane have their drug charges reduced because they cooperate with the LE and rat out other high level drug dealers. Not because he's all the sudden the states new "star" witness. But hey with how the states handled things in this case, nothing would surprise me.

Someone needs to help me out here. I keep see a lot of 1998 discussion from STD. Are there charges for anything other than the 2001 incident? I'm trying to stay on topic, and that's why I need someone to hit me over the head. To my way of thinking, there are no charges for 1998, there are no charges related to any of "what might have been known" back in time. These charges are strictly with respect to 2001. And nothing should be allowed in trial that would deal with anything other than this specific incident. Am I correct?

CSS themselves would want to introduce 1998 because jer got the all clear and part of their case is that this was just Jer being Jer again.

Someone needs to help me out here. I keep seeing a lot of 1998 discussion from STD. Are there charges for anything other than the 2001 incident? I'm trying to stay on topic, and that's why I need someone to hit me over the head. To my way of thinking, there are no charges for 1998, there are no charges related to any of "what might have been known" back in time. These charges are strictly with respect to 2001. And nothing should be allowed in trial that would deal with anything other than this specific incident. Am I correct?

If I have understood what he is saying correctly, the belief is that the admins were aware of the '98 incident and were part of the decision not to prosecute by allowing them to handle it and keep an eye on him. Or something along those lines. So, while he was not charged with a crime, they were aware that he had committed one and should have been responsive in '01 with the knowledge that Sandusky was indeed a pedophile.
He can correct me if I am wrong on that.

If I have understood what he is saying correctly, the belief is that the admins were aware of the '98 incident and were part of the decision not to prosecute by allowing them to handle it and keep an eye on him. Or something along those lines. So, while he was not charged with a crime, they were aware that he had committed one and should have been responsive in '01 with the knowledge that Sandusky was indeed a pedophile.

I feel like if there was something there Freeh would have found it.

If that's really their argument then isn't that more of an indictment on CYS/LE/the DA in CC than the admins? Why would the DA/LE rely on non child care expert college admins to keep tabs on a known pedo instead of the state agencies whose JOB it is to do that very thing? This is the mental gymnastics the state has to do in order to absolve everyone except the "evil" PSU admins.

Talk about desperate!!

A conspiracy between PSU, state agencies and the DA, involving MANY players, that was kept silent for almost 20 years, but now Sloane and JJ are going to expose it. Yep, that's what's going to happen folks.

A conspiracy between PSU, state agencies and the DA, involving MANY players, that was kept silent for almost 20 years, but now Sloane and JJ are going to expose it. Yep, that's what's going to happen folks.

Yep, the loonie JJ saw Gricar tossed down a mineshaft by bikers over a drug deal. The idiot still thinks the NCAA can sanction Penn State, and make it stick.

He and his idiots are looking for all kinds of "reports" that the prosecution has to prove were never filed, not the defense proving that they were.

The clown is a total, creepy jackass as described by many women on FaceBook who have seen the goofball prowling the Penn State campus, no doubt looking for the drunk Bernie.

Huh??? The named "Judicial Administrative Authority" - PA DPW - under the applicable PA Child Protective Services Code (i.e., CPSL) unequivocally said Sandusky DID NOT commit a child abuse crime in regards to the 1998 Second Mile / Sandusky incident! Specifically, the STATE AGENCY, JUDICIAL AUTHORITY, holder and issuer of The Second Mile's Children's Charity Licenses stated that the circumstances of the incident fell within the regular practices of the charity's programs in regards to a child participant of the children's dedicated charity interacting with a "coach/mentor" counsellor via one of the charity's programs! And the DPW made this FINDING and issued it in their formal report on the matter WELL BEFORE the meeting being referenced here! Absurd to sit here and claim that members of PSU's Athletic Department Administration were consulted by local LE to make the determination as to whether The Second Mile had violated their DPW State-Granted Children's Charity Operating Licenses and one of their "Athletic Program Counsellors" had in fact committed child-abuse via while conducting a Charity-Sanction Athletic Program?!?!?!

I'm afraid you have it completely bass ackwards in regards to who makes the determination regarding the conduct of a Second Mile Counsellor interacting with Second Mile Participant via a Second Mile Sanctioned Athletic Program - the determination regarding the criminality of the conduct of Sandusky in this situation is made by the PA DPW as the named JUDICIAL ADMINISTRATIVE AUTHORITY within the CPS Code for making such determinations when it is completely unclear whether abuse has in fact occurred via a regulated charity's programs (i.e., there is no DIRECT EVIDENCE of a crime including the supposed victim vehemently denying any criminal abuse). Your notion that PA Code says that this determination within the program of a STATE-REGULATED Children's Charity's Sanctioned Program is to be made by football coaches and athletic administrators consulting with the local DA and NOT the Charity's License Holder and Regulator as to daily operations - the PA DPW - is laughable, made-up, conjured BULL$HIIT of the highest order!!!

JJ... you've seen Sloane on facebook. You know he's not "all there" anymore. Maybe it was the car wreck, maybe it was the drugs (though I believe the drug charges were trumped up, possibly even a set up... but there's no doubt Sloane had a painkiller issue a few years back). But if this is who the OAG has as a witness, it's not a very good one.

As a Gricar aficionado, I'm interested as hell in what Sloane has to say about '98. But I don't think he's going to appear as credible to a jury as he would be to you or me.

I know Sloane is keeping a low profile.

It would depend on a few things:

1. Is there some evidence showing that Sloane was involved in 1998? What would that involve?

2. Does Sloane support or is supported by other witnesses from 1998?

And as I understand, it was not for lack of looking.

I have not heard of any suggestion that Sloane ever went before the grand jury prior to the Freeh Report being released. While Freeh attempted to interview Arnold, she declined, there is no suggestion that they talked to anyone else in the 1998 DA's Office.

Also note that everything related to Sloane happened after the Freeh Report was released.

Last edited:
I know Sloane is keeping a low profile.

It would depend on a few things:

1. Is there some evidence showing that Sloane was involved in 1998? What would that involve?

2. Does Sloane support or is supported by other witnesses from 1998?

If there was evidence from 1998, you don't use Sloan, because he's not going to be a believable witness.

If other witnesses can tell you what Sloan can tell you, you don't use Sloan because he's not going to be a believable witness.

So what this tells me is that if Sloan is really going to testify, his testimony is going to be a hail mary that isn't supported by other evidence/testimony.

If entities like the DA office and CYS/DPW were involved it may have gone unnoticed as his focus was on Penn State.

More laughable nonsense - Freeh has nothing to do with PA Codes, PA Law Enforcement or the PA Judiciary! LMFAO! I particularly love this one - "If entities like the DA office and CYS/DPW were involved...." - acting like it isn't clear who had jurisdiction over an "incident report" made at the local branch of a STATE-REGULATED CHILDREN's CHARITY operating across the entire State of Pennsylvania (and was the largest Children's Dedicated Charity in Pennsylvania.....as well as one of the larger subcontractors to the DPW and their CYS County-Level Offices!). Hey dip$hit, the "Incident Report" was made to DPW via two different MANDATORY REPORTERS - Alycia Chambers, the child's personal therapist, and the UPPD. The local DA was only tangentially involved via the UPPD "Incident Report" - a CRIMINAL COMPLAINT was never filed to UPPD, only an "Incident Report" was made regarding a situation that happened in PSU's facilities while The Second Mile Participant was participating in a Second Mile Sanctioned Athletic Program using PSU's Facilities under the supervision of a Second Mile Counsellor. The "appropriateness" of the situation and whether it constituted CHILD ABUSE was APPROPRIATELY investigated by the named JUDICIAL ADMINISTRATIVE AUTHORITY under CPSL for the given circumstances (i.e., the situation AROSE while the child was partipating in the SANCTIONED Program of a STATE-LICENSED CHILDREN's CHARITY by a duly registered and authorized COUNSELLOR of said STATE-LICENSED and REGULATED CHARITY). The named Judicial Administrative Authority under CPSL, the DPW, determined that abuse did not occur and that the circumstances reported constituted normal circumstances that could arise in the implementation of the charity's program involving an athletic event between the child participant (i.e., mentee) and the coach/mentor charity counsellor.

Nice try to make it sound like there's some dispute as to whether DPW was involved in the matter (let alone having the highest authority and involvement in the matter via State Law) and your attempt to make Freeh's bull$hit, sham, paid-for, whitewash, misinformation report sound like some kind of "official investigation" that had some official LE authority at the State or National level -- LMFAO!, nothing could be further from the truth!

Last edited:
Reactions: dshumbero
If there was evidence from 1998, you don't use Sloan, because he's not going to be a believable witness.

If other witnesses can tell you what Sloan can tell you, you don't use Sloan because he's not going to be a believable witness.

So what this tells me is that if Sloan is really going to testify, his testimony is going to be a hail mary that isn't supported by other evidence/testimony.

Sloane could be part of a group of witness. He verifies some things.

Franklin_Restores_TheTradition, Freeh, as noted, could not get access to Arnold. He does not actually cite anyone from the 1998 DA's Office.

Oh, I hope they use him. That will be fun to watch.

JJ, are you familiar with Ms. Roberto?

(And really, would you have us believe that the various prosecutors are talking to you about this case, and keeping you up to date on their strategy? Really???)

No, I never said "prosecutors" were discussing strategy with me.

I spoke originally about third party investigation, remember?

Sloane could be part of a group of witness. He verifies some things.

Franklin_Restores_TheTradition, Freeh, as noted, could not get access to Arnold. He does not actually cite anyone from the 1998 DA's Office.

Louis Fact Freeh is irrelevant to PA Law you fargging twit! Acting like his sham, bull$hit, misinformation report has any relevance to anything - let alone the 1998 Incident or the Pennsylvania Judiciary as "legally germaine" LE material - is so laughably inane it could only be conjured by a completely moronic @ssclown such as yourself!!!

Also note that everything related to Sloane happened after the Freeh Report was released.

"Everything related to Sloane".. Like what exactly? Ganim wrote about Sloane and the dictaphone in early 2012, well before the Freeh Report was released, meaning Sloane had injected himself into this whole thing before Freeh's investigations were complete.

No, I never said "prosecutors" were discussing strategy with me.

I spoke originally about third party investigation, remember?

It all seems very far-fetched to me that you're in the middle of anything official and legitimate. And given that you have a very obvious agenda, it's clear that nothing you say can be believed without taking into account the very biased view that you are reputed to have. So, given all of that, I'm not sure why we're even here paying attention to you, to be honest. Nothing personal, of course.

JJ the parliamentarian and StuffToDo are both obsessed with 98 and Gricar. They/he/she/Sybil are convinced this is the whole key to convicting C/S/S . However, Green Bean, aka Les Haricots [Verts] (ne sont pas sales) aka ADA Karen Arnold, disagrees, IIRC.

#AlternativeFacts #BowlingGreenBeans

"The origin of the word "zydeco" is uncertain. One theory is that it derives from the French phrase Les haricots ne sont pas salés, which, when spoken in the Louisiana Creole French, sounds as "leh-zy-dee-co nuh sohn pah salay". This literally translates as "the green beans aren't salty" but idiomatically as "I have no spicy news for you". "

JJ/STD in a snap bean shell.

Game Set Match goes to @Royal_Coaster post 811 pg 21.

Last edited:
JJ the parliamentarian and StuffToDo are both obsessed with 98 and Gricar. They/he/she/Sybil are convinced this is the whole key to convicting C/S/S . However, Green Bean, aka Les Haricots Verts (ne sont pas sales) aka ADA Karen Arnold, disagrees, IIRC.

Sloane is another of JJ's wet farts.

Bingo. These were heinous crimes. None of these men, in a million years, would have willingly allowed crimes like this to happen had they truly known. They do not want to be remembered as individuals who would have, either.
https://goo.gl/images/pMcoam
"Everything related to Sloane".. Like what exactly? Ganim wrote about Sloane and the dictaphone in early 2012, well before the Freeh Report was released, meaning Sloane had injected himself into this whole thing before Freeh's investigations were complete.
gleason.gif

Ganim wrote in 11/11 that Sloane was involved in the case in 1998.

Sloane was arrested about 3 months after Freeh was released. About a month after that, the Spanier presentment, with a fair amount of discussion of 1998 was released.

Ganim wrote in 11/11 that Sloane was involved in the case in 1998.

Sloane was arrested about 3 months after Freeh was released. About a month after that, the Spanier presentment, with a fair amount of discussion of 1998 was released.

If I'm understanding this correctly, you believe the OAG used Sloane's arrest on drug charges to get him to talk. But if Sloane was withholding information before, why the hell did he disclose the existence of the dictaphone and turn it over to authorities? By doing that, Sloane brought himself into this whole case. Before that, he was not even remotely involved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT