ADVERTISEMENT

For those who think the tall bald guy can't coach...

...take a look at points scored in the last 15 seconds of periods. I would be very surprised if Penn State wasn't #1 nationally, by pretty close to an order of magnitude. I recognize I'm preaching to the choir, but that's not identifying talent and recruiting.
SHP... this is year after year. Cael could always coach. It's the idiots on the losing end who can't accept it.

Not disputing a darned thing you've posted in that statement. Just thought I'd bring it up.
Oh, I know you know... Completely agree with all you said. It's the pundits... who are delusional, still, who don't get Cael's ability to coach his wrestlers to extremely high levels with high efficiency at crucial points in a match. I guess another Championship won't help them understand your well made point, SHP.

Penn State is completely dismantling Ohio State in a what's turned out to be a Exhibition of Penn State's dominance in all facets of wrestling. It's scary how good this team still can be... without the need of a 133 lber.

Last edited:
...take a look at points scored in the last 15 seconds of periods. I would be very surprised if Penn State wasn't #1 nationally, by pretty close to an order of magnitude. I recognize I'm preaching to the choir, but that's not identifying talent and recruiting.
I assume you're not including points scored at all the periods PSU ends prematurely by fall or TF ... because that would distort the stat even further.

Oh, I know you know... Completely agree with all you said. It's the pundits... who are delusional, still, who don't get Cael's ability to coach his wrestlers to extremely high levels with high efficiency at crucial points in a match. I guess another Championship won't help them understand your well made point, SHP.

Penn State is completely dismantling Ohio State in a what's turned out to be a Exhibition of Penn State's dominance in all facets of wrestling. It's scary how good this team can still be... without the need of a 133 lber.

Cael's ability to coach at ISU made them very good and always dangerous....but just as Cael stated in 2009, his ability to Coach + "pick of the litter" in Pennsy talent will build an unassailable dynasty not seen since a guy named Gable was coaching! Pennsylvania has produced 10 NCAA Champions since Cael took over at PSU - 7 of those Individual Championships were won in the traditional PSU "belted" singlet! Seriously, how freaking cool is it that the two sports Pennsylvania has always been associated with going back more than a century wear uniforms that are legendary in themselves and "instantly recognizable" because PSU athletes have been wearing the classic, basic and traditional look of the uniform in these two traditional "bedrock" Pennsylvania sports forever!?!? has any Pennsy team kept the absolute top-end talent in Pennsylvania like Cael has and that trend will continue & be extended this year with Zain and Jason! PSU has also dominated in terms of producing Pennsy AAs - PSU could easily produce 5 Pennsy-bred AAs again this year! Cael and PSU are like an unstoppable freight-train at this point....the proverbial "irresistible force".

Last edited:
Bumping this, with a recommendation to watch the Nickal/Martin match from Friday night. Pretty sure Nickal scored all three of his takedowns within the final 15 seconds of each period.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT