ADVERTISEMENT

FSU vs Georgia Tech

He pushes certain topics, like WVU, over and over and over again. He has no scientific support whatsoever on topics like WVU. They finished with a very good record last year, and the experts this year predict them to be pretty good . A win over WVU on the road is a good win. They are good enough to be quite dangerous a week from today.
Here's my favorite Lando take....

Joe Paterno pushed for stressing academics along with football as he was building the Penn State program NOT because he cared about his players succeeding in life after football.

Then why would Joe do this you ask? Wait for it.......wait for it......wait for it......keep waiting.......wait for it......are you ready......are you sure you are ready for this incredible dose of Landoism????

Okay, Lando says it was because Joe wanted to lower expectations for how his team performed. It was all about Joe serving Joe. He didn't care about anything else.

Reactions: summitlion1
Here's my favorite Lando take....

Joe Paterno pushed for stressing academics along with football as he was building the Penn State program NOT because he cared about his players succeeding in life after football.

Then why would Joe do this you ask? Wait for it.......wait for it......wait for it......keep waiting.......wait for it......are you ready......are you sure you are ready for this incredible dose of Landoism????

Okay, Lando says it was because Joe wanted to lower expectations for how his team performed. It was all about Joe serving Joe. He didn't care about anything else.
I never said he didn't care. I said it wasn't his primary motivation. Paterno cared about a lot of things...just, like most people, himself first.

He pushes certain topics, like WVU, over and over and over again. He has no scientific support whatsoever on topics like WVU. They finished with a very good record last year, and the experts this year predict them to be pretty good . A win over WVU on the road is a good win. They are good enough to be quite dangerous a week from today.
Yeah, and I think everyone ... but him ... shares this same outlook. I'm an optimist. I think we curbstomp them. But I could definitely see a scenario where we get off to a shaky start, and they hang with us, with the help of the home crowd. And then who knows what happens. WVU is good enough to take advantage if we're a bit off, and with a season opener, on the road, we could, in fact, be "off." We have a lot of key new pieces and will they all work out (generally) and be squared away in Game 1?

He's just a weird, weird dude. Everything is so cut and dried and extremist, and he's unable/unwilling to consider different pieces of evidence or different viewpoints. And so he's stuck just repeating the same old things that are only conclusive in his mind. And his reactions are just ... incredibly immature. If I think we're going to open up a can of whoop ass on someone, and someone else thinks it's going to be a close contest, it would never enter my mind to consider them a "coward." Yet, there he was, stomping around yelling that everyone's a coward if they aren't convinced there's no way we can lose this game.

And now he's trying to save face by claiming he went to Northwestern's law school ... as if that, if true (and it's obviously not) would save him from the things he says or the way he acts here.

Like I've said before, there's a decent chance he's either a kid, or he's neurodivergent.

Yeah, and I think everyone ... but him ... shares this same outlook. I'm an optimist. I think we curbstomp them. But I could definitely see a scenario where we get off to a shaky start, and they hang with us, with the help of the home crowd. And then who knows what happens. WVU is good enough to take advantage if we're a bit off, and with a season opener, on the road, we could, in fact, be "off." We have a lot of key new pieces and will they all work out (generally) and be squared away in Game 1?

He's just a weird, weird dude. Everything is so cut and dried and extremist, and he's unable/unwilling to consider different pieces of evidence or different viewpoints. And so he's stuck just repeating the same old things that are only conclusive in his mind. And his reactions are just ... incredibly immature. If I think we're going to open up a can of whoop ass on someone, and someone else thinks it's going to be a close contest, it would never enter my mind to consider them a "coward." Yet, there he was, stomping around yelling that everyone's a coward if they aren't convinced there's no way we can lose this game.

And now he's trying to save face by claiming he went to Northwestern's law school ... as if that, if true (and it's obviously not) would save him from the things he says or the way he acts here.

Like I've said before, there's a decent chance he's either a kid, or he's neurodivergent.
Even with your own comments here you're worried about the unlikely. Anyone can beat anyone...this is about expectations

I kinda agree with this. Live and die by the portal. It's one thing to improve your roster, but you can't overhaul it on a yearly basis and be successful IMO.

There has to be a ground basis for recruiting HS kids and developing them. The portal players are to fill holes.
Thst FSU QB DJ who is playing for school #3 has underachieved. That hurt them today. Also GA Tech bullied them a bit today. Seems strange the line was so big as both teams seemed equal to one another.

Reactions: lazydave841
Thst FSU QB DJ who is playing for school #3 has underachieved. That hurt them today. Also GA Tech bullied them a bit today. Seems strange the line was so big as both teams seemed equal to one another.
Maybe it is tougher to set the lines on game one since there is no reference.

Maybe it is tougher to set the lines on game one since there is no reference.

Definitely true. And we still don't know a whole bunch outside of both teams were fairly equal today. The questions are:

Was FSU a few steps back from where they were last year?

Was GT greatly improved?

What does it mean for the rest of the year?

The first post ever of yours I agree with.

He is definitely one or the other. And if so, I can accept that and just deal with it. I really enjoy some of his posts (he’s well-versed on conference realignment) and then there is the rest of his body of work here that drive many of us nuts!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT