Football GAME THREAD: Penn State versus Maryland

Richie O

Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
www.pennstate.rivals.com

Maryland_Virtual_ValleyGame_Day_Schedule.jpg

Last edited:
I really feel like this thread will give the best indication of "old boarders" vs On3. If this thread is robust then I think it means this board will roll on near normal. Let's see what it looks like come 3:45....

I really feel like this thread will give the best indication of "old boarders" vs On3. If this thread is robust then I think it means this board will roll on near normal. Let's see what it looks like come 3:45....
Could be. But I know some of the guys like me stopped doing the in game thread because some people just go too far overboard.

Really think Tagavaloa fumbled that ball. He was trying to switch hands and he fumbled it just before he hit the ground. Refs really need to swallow their whistles on fumbles. I have no problem with them declaring the ground caused it after the whole play is over. But let it play through.

How can this O look so bad (Illinois), then so good (OSU) and then so bad again? Just boggles the mind...

Reactions: Cpeplion
How can this O look so bad (Illinois), then so good (OSU) and then so bad again? Just boggles the mind...
So good is generous, but yes, in pass protection they were fine vs OSU. But, at no point this season has the Oline been good or even deserving of a compliment. They aren't physical and are slow.

SC has just missed on three plays that would have gained 15 or more

If the OL would just come out with a grinder, bulldog mentality like the D, maybe our record would be better. I know that is very subjective and hollywood movie-like, but man, the OL just has a bunch of nothing burgers who show little attitude and drive, it's pretty incredible.

Penn State had receivers running wide open today on each of its first three possessions. Clifford missed Lambert-Smith and Lovett, but he didn’t miss Dotson. Lots of opportunities out there today.

If the OL would just come out with a grinder, bulldog mentality like the D, maybe our record would be better. I know that is very subjective and hollywood movie-like, but man, the OL just has a bunch of nothing burgers who show little attitude and drive, it's pretty incredible.

They played pretty damn well on that drive - no MD defender even sniffed Clifford on any of the multiple big downfield passes.

They played pretty damn well on that drive - no MD defender even sniffed Clifford on any of the multiple big downfield passes.
Cool...one drive. The body of work over the yrs and this season has been awful, specifically the run blocking

Has zero impact on today but I’m curious to see what this offense would look like if they were able to run the ball consistently. All things considered Yurcich has done a pretty good job with a one dimensional offense.

Reactions: psualt and bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT