ADVERTISEMENT

Gross-Matos thread reminiscent of Fran asking Joe,

emertmakeshiteup

Feb 27, 2019
"What makes a team really good?" Joe's reply was, "When they've been together for a long time and that cement has set or they have a dominant player!"

I am curious the physics behind the 4pt stance he uses. Id imagine he loses speed but perhaps gets burst?

I dont believe that is how one is taught to e
Rush the edge.

LdN

I dont see an issue. But outside rushers are typically 3pt or 2pt. So i am curious how this makes his game better.

Obviously it works for him. So why.

LdN
Balance? It is what he is used too? He likes to switch get off legs? (Staggers)

Balance? It is what he is used too? He likes to switch get off legs? (Staggers)

None of those answer my question. Not sure why you are trying to start a debate here.

If he cant balance on a 3 he wouldnt be playing.

He rushes from a certain side. Legs dont matter.

What he is used to isnt a good answer.

LdN

None of those answer my question. Not sure why you are trying to start a debate here.

If he cant balance on a 3 he wouldnt be playing.

He rushes from a certain side. Legs dont matter.

What he is used to isnt a good answer.

LdN
trying to answer, why does it work for him? or why does it do it?
I gave my answers. Some players like the balance the 4 point stance gives them
some players 'always have done it that way', so if it doesnt hurt him or his technique, they why not?
He always rushes from the right? maybe they switch him over to the LHS some times. So now he doesnt have to change his stance. Maybe he like his outside leg back sometimes, but as a change up might want to put his inside leg back, and therefore does not have to learn a new stance.

Best answer might be to ask him.

for the record however, in the clip he is in a 3 point stance with his inside leg back.
it could be he uses a 4 point vs a TE and a 3 pt if hes on the open side.

4 pt stance would be the fastest off the line. There is a reason sprinters use a 4 pt stance and not 3pt or 2pt. It is the fastest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT