ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh and Day: Cant win the big one.

I thought UM pooped the bed. They were a far more physically gifted team that made a ton of mistakes early that have TCU life.

Conversely I thought tOSU was the better team. The injury to their two top receivers (WR TE) really hurt them. Plus, they have a tendency to give up big plays and they did last night when the S fell down at a critical time. I am not sure why they didn’t go over the middle on the last drive as GA was bringing all their linebackers and you’d get an easy 10 to 15 yards. Instead they run two slow forming plays to the outside. Looked to me like they were sticking with the two minute drill plays to get OOB but they had two timeouts and the clock stop in a first down. They didn’t need to get OOB and needed 20 more yards to make the winning FG a chip shot. Also have to wonder why they weren’t running Stroud more. I get he wants to be a pocket passer but it is the championship series and the run was open all night.

GA had great athletes at every position. At the risk of taking heat like Mary did, I don’t see how they can lose against TCU. Having said that, TCU looked really great and it is hard to count out Duggjn.

What happened to this guy? Was he injured during the game?

Article from 12/29

Ohio State’s J.T. Tuimoloau had one of the greatest games college football’s ever seen, and he can repeat it against Georgia​

ATLANTA — Early this season, Ohio State’s J.T. Tuimolou put together a performance that has a case to be the best individual game any college football player has ever had.

The defensive end filled up every column on the stat sheet recording six tackles, three tackles for loss, two interceptions, a forced fumble that he recovered and a defensive touchdown in a 44-31 win over Penn State. It’s the type of game that can serve as the turning point in a player’s career that sends him down the path of All-American status.

Stats vs Georgia
0 Tackles
0 Assists

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I do enjoy the high glow on Day's face after an azz pounding. It's keeping with the holiday spirit. 🎅
I was switching back and forth from the Yellowstone marathon of previous episodes and the Buckeyes' game. Got a little confused sometimes.

6fa8e14e88fc86dc4b41e7fa09cf60d914aadf03.png

th

I think the Big 10 needs to come to grips with a hard reality about itself.....All of their top teams (UM, PSU, OSU, MSt, UW) can only win when they have the superior talent. They never win in games in which the other team is an equal or superior talent.
I'm not sure why this is, part of it is style and I think another part is the shotty division structure.
It was pretty obvious Michigan and Ohio State both had more raw talent than their opponent last night. Ohio State was basically without it's 2 top receivers, it's top TE and it's top 2 running backs and it came down to the last play. I don't think there is another team besides Bama that could overcome something like that. Michigan on the other hand, straight up choked. The coaching and QB play by Michigan was some of the worst I've ever seen in a big game situation. Botched calls, pick 6's.
Ohio State does less with more than any team in the history of college football.
The losing to like and/or better teams by the Big 10 needs further examination.

I think the Big 10 needs to come to grips with a hard reality about itself.....All of their top teams (UM, PSU, OSU, MSt, UW) can only win when they have the superior talent. They never win in games in which the other team is an equal or superior talent.
I'm not sure why this is, part of it is style and I think another part is the shotty division structure.
It was pretty obvious Michigan and Ohio State both had more raw talent than their opponent last night. Ohio State was basically without it's 2 top receivers, it's top TE and it's top 2 running backs and it came down to the last play. I don't think there is another team besides Bama that could overcome something like that. Michigan on the other hand, straight up choked. The coaching and QB play by Michigan was some of the worst I've ever seen in a big game situation. Botched calls, pick 6's.
Ohio State does less with more than any team in the history of college football.
The losing to like and/or better teams by the Big 10 needs further examination.
When did Alabama or Georgia win with inferior talent?

Article from 12/29

Ohio State’s J.T. Tuimoloau had one of the greatest games college football’s ever seen, and he can repeat it against Georgia​

ATLANTA — Early this season, Ohio State’s J.T. Tuimolou put together a performance that has a case to be the best individual game any college football player has ever had.

The defensive end filled up every column on the stat sheet recording six tackles, three tackles for loss, two interceptions, a forced fumble that he recovered and a defensive touchdown in a 44-31 win over Penn State. It’s the type of game that can serve as the turning point in a player’s career that sends him down the path of All-American status.

Stats vs Georgia
0 Tackles
0 Assists
He was out there the entire game. Had at least 1 pass deflection. Guess Georgia had an actual game plan to take him out of the game and the horses to make it happen.

Article from 12/29

Stats vs Georgia
0 Tackles
0 Assists
When you have a top level o tackle, and you aren't throwing 15 bubble screens, you tend to avoid those fluke interceptions and let's call it what it was, fluke interceptions and a poor right tackle in 72.

He was out there the entire game. Had at least 1 pass deflection. Guess Georgia had an actual game plan to take him out of the game and the horses to make it happen.
Mr. All World, per the media, Jalen Carter recorded one whole tackle last night....Dominating performance.

Harbaugh's coaching last night made the 4th & 7 call to run Miles Sanders at Chase Young look like Bill Walsh. The Michigan coaching effort was really, really bad last night. They gave the game away, they outsmarted their own players.
Yet TCU needed two pick-sixes and a blown TD call to win.
Neither Day or Michigan were awful yesterday. It's a bad loss for Michigan but Ohio State did better than most thought. I'm shocked it was competitive.

Georgia's the most talented team in the country (maybe second behind Bama) and has the best coach. It's a deadly combination
Were you watching last night's game? Seriously man? OSU should have beat Georgia at their home field(basically) with their 3rd string WR, TE & RB. The more talent team last night wasn't Georgia and it was easy to see.

Harbaugh's coaching last night made the 4th & 7 call to run Miles Sanders at Chase Young look like Bill Walsh. The Michigan coaching effort was really, really bad last night. They gave the game away, they outsmarted their own players.
They were in there own heads.

Reactions: psu00
A few things:

1. UM and OSU both losing last night was glorious; NEVER hope either has success, ever. The B. S. PSU has endured for 30 seasons will not end until both of the conferences “golden children” are brought down;

2. The above losses are not as important as PSU winning the Rose Bowl tomorrow - our Ws are always a priority over our enemies’ Ls;

3. Mocking any other coach not winning big games when our Head Coach is absolutely horrendous in big games is absurd. Franklin is 4-14 in regular season big games, and lost his last Rose Bowl appearance. His QB is almost as bad (0-4 vs OSU, with 15 career losses as a starting QB. 15! That is both awful, and quite possibly the most losses by a PSU starting QB ever (Z. Mills may have that dubious record).

Have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year, Nittany Nation! Penn State Forever!!

Reactions: psu00 and Psugo823
Were you watching last night's game? Seriously man? OSU should have beat Georgia at their home field(basically) with their 3rd string WR, TE & RB. The more talent team last night wasn't Georgia and it was easy to see
Georgia absolutely was the more talented team. You clearly don't know about injuries on the other side. Georgia's best WR could barely walk yesterday. My guess is you see Stroud being the better QB and therefore you think Ohio State is the more talented team because they aren't. Watch the draft in a few months and the next few years

As soon as the Ohio State game ended at midnight, fireworks were set off throughout my neighborhood in celebration.

Mt first thought after the day's events: It is amazing the lack of success Ohio State and Michigan have when they are away from Big 10 refs.

All time bowl records (NY 6 defined as: Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Peach, and Cotton) :

Penn State: 30-19-2; NY 6: 15-6-1

Joe Paterno: 24-12-1; NY 6: 13-4

Ohio State: 28-28; NY 6: 21-15

Michigan: 21-29; NY 6: 10-18

As soon as the Ohio State game ended at midnight, fireworks were set off throughout my neighborhood in celebration.

Mt first thought after the day's events: It is amazing the lack of success Ohio State and Michigan have when they are away from Big 10 refs.

All time bowl records (NY 6 defined as: Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Peach, and Cotton) :

Penn State: 30-19-2; NY 6: 15-6-1

Joe Paterno: 24-12-1; NY 6: 13-4

Ohio State: 28-28; NY 6: 21-15

Michigan: 21-29; NY 6: 10-18
Same here with the fireworks. I just sat on my couch and laughed. Couldn't possibly time those completely unrelated, but equally joyous, events any better.

I thought UM pooped the bed. They were a far more physically gifted team that made a ton of mistakes early that have TCU life.

Conversely I thought tOSU was the better team. The injury to their two top receivers (WR TE) really hurt them. Plus, they have a tendency to give up big plays and they did last night when the S fell down at a critical time. I am not sure why they didn’t go over the middle on the last drive as GA was bringing all their linebackers and you’d get an easy 10 to 15 yards. Instead they run two slow forming plays to the outside. Looked to me like they were sticking with the two minute drill plays to get OOB but they had two timeouts and the clock stop in a first down. They didn’t need to get OOB and needed 20 more yards to make the winning FG a chip shot. Also have to wonder why they weren’t running Stroud more. I get he wants to be a pocket passer but it is the championship series and the run was open all night.

GA had great athletes at every position. At the risk of taking heat like Mary did, I don’t see how they can lose against TCU. Having said that, TCU looked really great and it is hard to count out Duggjn.
Yes the dogs have great athletes but their secondary looked like a deer in the headlights at times.Looks to me that from a competitive standpoint they got it right and the games were really fun to watch.

Georgia absolutely was the more talented team. You clearly don't know about injuries on the other side. Georgia's best WR could barely walk yesterday. My guess is you see Stroud being the better QB and therefore you think Ohio State is the more talented team because they aren't. Watch the draft in a few months and the next few years
You're funny, there is some great comedy in many, many of your posts.
PFF (best in the business) has 6 OSU guys in top 100 for NFL draft to Georgia's 4. If my math calculations are correct that a 33% more. The best player on the field last night isn't even draft eligible.
Georgia needs a fluke player falling down to win at home against a team that's in it's 3 deep at it's skill positions but yeah Georgia's more talented. Hahahahaha

You're funny, there is some great comedy in many, many of your posts.
PFF (best in the business) has 6 OSU guys in top 100 for NFL draft to Georgia's 4. If my math calculations are correct that a 33% more. The best player on the field last night isn't even draft eligible.
Georgia needs a fluke player falling down to win at home against a team that's in it's 3 deep at it's skill positions but yeah Georgia's more talented. Hahahahaha
Nobody is claiming that Georgia played better. tOSU deserved to win the game. Kirby Smart even said so. But the talent level is fairly even. . tOSU did have the best player on the field in Stroud but the number 1 pick in the draft was playing DL for Georgia.

Georgia had the better OL, DL and RB. I'd say the LB's are a wash. Perhaps even the DB's. They do not have inferior talent. Their QB was outplayed by a better QB most of the game.
I thought OSU's OL outperformed Georgia's DL and Georgia's OL outperformed OSU's DL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT