ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh and Day: Cant win the big one.

Nobody is claiming that Georgia played better. tOSU deserved to win the game. Kirby Smart even said so. But the talent level is fairly even. . tOSU did have the best player on the field in Stroud but the number 1 pick in the draft was playing DL for Georgia.
The best player on the field and the best receiver I've seen in college football in a decade+ was Marvin Harrison. He was dominating the game until injury. He had 100+ yards and 2 TDs in the 1st 20 minutes.
Jalen Carter had one tackle last night.

The best player on the field and the best receiver I've seen in college football in a decade+ was Marvin Harrison. He was dominating the game until injury. He had 100+ yards and 2 TDs in the 1st 20 minutes.
Jalen Carter had one tackle last night.
Performance matters! College football is such a hype machine. It's ingrained in the DNA of it on every level. Harrison and Stroud were the top performers last night.....Easily.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Yardage stats slightly favored Georgia - both passing and rushing. It was a one point game after all with the losing team having a last gasp attempt to win in. Coin flip on the winner.

Reactions: dailybuck777
I thought UM pooped the bed. They were a far more physically gifted team that made a ton of mistakes early that have TCU life.

Conversely I thought tOSU was the better team. The injury to their two top receivers (WR TE) really hurt them. Plus, they have a tendency to give up big plays and they did last night when the S fell down at a critical time. I am not sure why they didn’t go over the middle on the last drive as GA was bringing all their linebackers and you’d get an easy 10 to 15 yards. Instead they run two slow forming plays to the outside. Looked to me like they were sticking with the two minute drill plays to get OOB but they had two timeouts and the clock stop in a first down. They didn’t need to get OOB and needed 20 more yards to make the winning FG a chip shot. Also have to wonder why they weren’t running Stroud more. I get he wants to be a pocket passer but it is the championship series and the run was open all night.

GA had great athletes at every position. At the risk of taking heat like Mary did, I don’t see how they can lose against TCU. Having said that, TCU looked really great and it is hard to count out Duggjn.
It seemed like UM played the first half like the game was going to be an easy W for them. Then they realized that they were in a real fight. That's a huge failure on the part of Harbaugh IMO.

I think Michigan at least knows who they are and what they should expect, as well as the fact that they likely won’t find a better coach than Harbaugh.

Ohio State is different. I don’t mind them, but I think it’d be hilarious if they “encouraged” Day to jump to the NFL only to take a few steps back with his replacement.

Reactions: Redmar
Yet TCU needed two pick-sixes and a blown TD call to win.
Neither Day or Michigan were awful yesterday.
You’re 100% correct!

Defense doesn’t count in football.

A horrendously executed trick play on the first series of the game is called pooping the bed from the get go

The endless array of excuses you can dream up is astonishing

Rip Wheeler would smack Ryan Day up like a red headed step child and then take him to the train station
Rip wheeler was a red headed step child that nobody cares about until he dyed his hair black.

Let me ask you a question?
What do you think would have happened if that game was at Lucas Oil Field (close to campus like MB stadium for UGA) and Ohio State had Jaxon Smith, Treveon and a healthy Harrison, Mycal W. & stover in the lineup? Seriously, what does that game look like compared to UGA beating OSU at home on the last play with their 3rd string skill players?

Unfortunately for OSU, their pass blocking (specifically vs blitz) broke down at key spots in the 4th quarter.

Georgia was better on both sides of the ball in the 4th quarter.
How does that change if threats like Harrison and Treveon and JSI are on the field?
What does the 2016 Rose Bowl look like without Saquon & Godwin on the field? When your top players are the best in the game and they aren't playing it changes a lot of things.

Like I said...this is why you falsely stated more talent
By what metric is Georgia more talented than Ohio State?
The don't have more NFL players.
They don't have more draft picks.
They don't have more 5 star recruits.
They don't have better recruiting classes. (though this has been basically a wash the past few years, but just the past few years)
They don't have more conference titles.
They don't have more playoff appearances.
They don't have more national titles this century.
They don't have more highly rated players going to the draft this year.

Please name me a measurable metric that shows Georgia has more talent than Ohio State.

I thought UM pooped the bed. They were a far more physically gifted team that made a ton of mistakes early that have TCU life.

Conversely I thought tOSU was the better team. The injury to their two top receivers (WR TE) really hurt them. Plus, they have a tendency to give up big plays and they did last night when the S fell down at a critical time. I am not sure why they didn’t go over the middle on the last drive as GA was bringing all their linebackers and you’d get an easy 10 to 15 yards. Instead they run two slow forming plays to the outside. Looked to me like they were sticking with the two minute drill plays to get OOB but they had two timeouts and the clock stop in a first down. They didn’t need to get OOB and needed 20 more yards to make the winning FG a chip shot. Also have to wonder why they weren’t running Stroud more. I get he wants to be a pocket passer but it is the championship series and the run was open all night.

GA had great athletes at every position. At the risk of taking heat like Mary did, I don’t see how they can lose against TCU. Having said that, TCU looked really great and it is hard to count out Duggjn.
I hadn't heard about OSU losing their 2 top receivers until Herby mentioned it every 5 seconds.

I hadn't heard about OSU losing their 2 top receivers until Herby mentioned it every 5 seconds.
Do you remember when Don Brown & Brett Venables were the greatest coordinators since Charlie Weiss?
Herbie has a huge platform and is a major part of the hype machine.

Reactions: psu00
Yet TCU needed two pick-sixes and a blown TD call to win.
Neither Day or Michigan were awful yesterday. It's a bad loss for Michigan but Ohio State did better than most thought. I'm shocked it was competitive.
Oh so now its a bad call when it goes against UM - you are so predictable.

So what does that make you when you lost to UM and OSU ? That must feel terrible.
Wrong board - you need to share the loss with your fellow UM fans - do you care what PSU thinks about UM or OSU - I guess you do.

Reactions: Psugo823
Let me ask you a question?
What do you think would have happened if that game was at Lucas Oil Field (close to campus like MB stadium for UGA) and Ohio State had Jaxon Smith, Treveon and a healthy Harrison, Mycal W. & stover in the lineup? Seriously, what does that game look like compared to UGA beating OSU at home on the last play with their 3rd string skill players?
I have no idea and neither do you - all teams have injuries but now I guess it excuse time for UM and OSU

I have no idea and neither do you - all teams have injuries but now I guess it excuse time for UM and OSU
Oh I totally agree but being down your starting left guard who is 2 year starter is quite different than being down three 1st team All Americans. Let's not pretend there isn't a difference.
How did not having Journey Brown and Micah Parsons in 2020 work out? Would it have been different had it been Noah Cain and Ellis Brooks?

They don't have better recruiting classes. (though this has been basically a wash the past few years, but just the past few years)

Please name me a measurable metric that shows Georgia has more talent than Ohio State.
Now you're living in the past again. See last year's draft then watch the next 3 drafts

Oh so now its a bad call when it goes against UM - you are so predictable.
That's not why Michigan lost. They had countless changes to make that irrelevant but failed. They deserved to lose. That was a blown call but they can't fumble at the one. There's no excuses. TCU just needed some luck and they'll need a lot more of that to be competitive with Georgia.

Now you're living in the past again. See last year's draft then watch the next 3 drafts
Whatever dude, Ohio State will have more picks in the first 100 than Georgia this year and if Marvin Harrison were eligible he'd go top 5.
Your off the mark as usual but it's no surprise, it's your MO here. The best part is you don't even know it.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Whatever dude, Ohio State will have more picks in the first 100 than Georgia this year and if Marvin Harrison were eligible he'd go top 5.
Your off the mark as usual but it's no surprise, it's your MO here. The best part is you don't even know it.
Who will have more players drafted?
Top 100 is you admitting you're wrong

Who will have more players drafted?
Top 100 is you admitting you're wrong
Hahahaha. I'll keep waiting on those metrics.
Tell me again about all those great NFL players Georgia has. Penn State has better players in the NFL than Georgia and it isn't even close. But Nick Chubb though, pretty much their only star player. Again laughable contentions from you as usual.

Reactions: joeaubie21
They were in there own heads.
I agree about the coaching. TCU was going to stop the run..the coach said as much. The passing attack carries michigan and got them back in the game. Yet, michigan kept trying to run. Reminded me of PSU when franklin gets into his head that we need to be 50-50 run/pass rather than take what the defense is giving you.

OSU and Georgia are close talent wise. Georgia being a relative newcomer to elite status compared to OSU.

I don't think Georgia wins that game without OSUs injuries, but that's part of the game. OSU played a really good game. Stroud played an A+ game. I honestly didn't think they would keep it close.

Do you remember when Don Brown & Brett Venables were the greatest coordinators since Charlie Weiss?
Herbie has a huge platform and is a major part of the hype machine.
It's great entertainment listening to Herbie call a OSU game trying to appear unbiased. He works hard at it but fails when you hear his voice change tone after a big play against the bucks. OSU should have won the game and would have had Harrison not got injured leaving them without him on that final drive.

It's great entertainment listening to Herbie call a OSU game trying to appear unbiased. He works hard at it but fails when you hear his voice change tone after a big play against the bucks. OSU should have won the game and would have had Harrison not got injured leaving them without him on that final drive.
I thought the play calling on the final series was really bad. I get the first down run but then two very slow developing plays when the defense is vacating the middle of the field with blitzes. The last play they called a fake pass in the right flat to the RB to come back to the left. The kid in the right flat was wide open. I thought they’d have route options to go where the LB vacates. Maybe their two minute drill only called for outside plays so they could go OOB. But they had two timeouts and just needed 15 or 20 to make the FG a chip shot

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I thought the play calling on the final series was really bad. I get the first down run but then two very slow developing plays when the defense is vacating the middle of the field with blitzes. The last play they called a pass in the right flat to the RB to come back to the left. The kid in the right flat was wide open. I thought they’d have route options to go where the LB vacates. Maybe their two minute drill only called for outside plays so they could go OOB. But they had two timeouts and just needed 15 or 20 to make the FG a chip shot
OSU even got 2 free timeouts with Georgia players getting hurt.

Hahahaha. I'll keep waiting on those metrics.
Tell me again about all those great NFL players Georgia has. Penn State has better players in the NFL than Georgia and it isn't even close. But Nick Chubb though, pretty much their only star player. Again laughable contentions from you as usual.
Georgia had 15 (FIFTEEN) players drafted last year
Ohio State had 6
Again, this is you living in the past and not adapting to the changing of the guard.

Reactions: voltz99
I thought the play calling on the final series was really bad. I get the first down run but then two very slow developing plays when the defense is vacating the middle of the field with blitzes. The last play they called a fake pass in the right flat to the RB to come back to the left. The kid in the right flat was wide open. I thought they’d have route options to go where the LB vacates. Maybe their two minute drill only called for outside plays so they could go OOB. But they had two timeouts and just needed 15 or 20 to make the FG a chip shot
I know, it was strange those last three play calls. I'll never understand why coaches change up in the last few minutes of a game what had been working so well for them the entire game. It's as if they were trying to outsmart UGA but ended up outsmarting themselves.

Georgia had 15 (FIFTEEN) players drafted last year
Ohio State had 6
Again, this is you living in the past and not adapting to the changing of the guard.
Um who's living in past? Last year has nothing to do with this year and additionally it's the only year on record they've ever had more picks than Ohio State....Complete outlier..... And they won't have more top end picks than Ohio State this year and Ohio State's best player isn't even eligible. Marvin Harrison took Ringo from a top 40 pick to 3rd day pick last night.
Stop slobbering over Georgia having a couple DLineman as #1 picks in consecutive years. Clemson did the same thing a few years ago, Alabama and Ohio State do it nearly annually.
Everything you post is a house of cards, I know there is a politics board but maybe you should find a stand up comic board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT