ADVERTISEMENT

Herbie has Oklahoma #1

I have herbie #2.

(pnnylion could say it far more eloquently, but I don't possess his genius.)

Reactions: step.eng69
mshckd.gif

Who still pays attention to this moron? His shilling for Ohio State never ends. They got humiliated by Iowa. They aren't going anywhere.

We agree on many things but Herbie is great and unbiased. Ohio State fans hate him for not being biased toward them. Ohio State is not out of this though they need a lot of help.

Bama should be #1 but this isn't their best team. Miami doesn't impressive me at all...way too many close wins against bad teams.

Just based on resume if I had a vote I'd say Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Miami, Wisconsin, Auburn. Georgia, Ohio State, Notre Dame, TCU, Southern Cal, Oklahoma State, Penn State, UCF & Washington as my top 15. Really not many great teams this year.

We agree on many things but Herbie is great and unbiased. Ohio State fans hate him for not being biased toward them. Ohio State is not out of this though they need a lot of help.

Bama should be #1 but this isn't their best team. Miami doesn't impressive me at all...way too many close wins against bad teams.

Just based on resume if I had a vote I'd say Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Miami, Wisconsin, Auburn. Georgia, Ohio State, Notre Dame, TCU, Southern Cal, Oklahoma State, Penn State, UCF & Washington as my top 15. Really not many great teams this year.

He is a homer. This year proves it.

Reactions: JJTopp99
He is a homer. This year proves it.

He isn't--at all. Ask any Ohio State fan.
I don't think Oklahoma should be #1 because of their defense but I won't be shocked at all if they win the whole thing this year
Herbie, regardless of your opinion of him, is the best in the business.

As long as Bama, OU, and Miami win out, tOSU will make the playoffs if it wins out. ND and Pac 12 champ are not going to get in over an tOSU squad that would have 2 top 10 wins (PSU, Wisconsin).

As long as Bama, OU, and Miami win out, tOSU will make the playoffs if it wins out. ND and Pac 12 champ are not going to get in over an tOSU squad that would have 2 top 10 wins (PSU, Wisconsin).

This...then we get Bama/Ohio State and Miami/Oklahoma

Reactions: sporteresq
I agree, he used to be the best in the business. Unfortunately, he has become like the norm for broadcasters today. He now thinks he knows more than everyone else. If you notice, he talks down at anyone who disagrees with him. If you pay attention to his picks of big games every week, he is not better than anyone else, which basically means a coin flip. There is 0 reason to put Oklahoma at #1 right now. Well there is one reason.
Bama pulled ot nice win on the road at night in a tough environment. Watching the game, there was no panic or look like they were about to lose that game. OU lost to Iowa State at home, when they were a 4TD favorite.

Here is what I love, PSU is not a top 5 team because they have no good wins. But the OSU win over PSU is a good win.

I agree, he used to be the best in the business. Unfortunately, he has become like the norm for broadcasters today. He now thinks he knows more than everyone else. If you notice, he talks down at anyone who disagrees with him. If you pay attention to his picks of big games every week, he is not better than anyone else, which basically means a coin flip. There is 0 reason to put Oklahoma at #1 right now. Well there is one reason.
Bama pulled ot nice win on the road at night in a tough environment. Watching the game, there was no panic or look like they were about to lose that game. OU lost to Iowa State at home, when they were a 4TD favorite.

That Iowa State loss looks less bad now but because of that I wouldn't have them in the top spot. They do have the best wins by far though. Ohio State, TCU, Oklahoma State...that's impressive.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I don't think Oklahoma should be #1 because of their defense but I won't be shocked at all if they win the whole thing this year
Indiana has the best WRs the Buckeyes will face all year. He nailed that one!

Reactions: Grass
As has been talked about for weeks behind the scenes, Franklin mentioned in his press conference that the hook and ladder was the play they practiced before the Michigan game but didn't use and said Herbstreit described it on the telecast of the game. Which is completely unprofessional and a breaking of the agreement media types make with the staff to watch practice.

Wow, two losses to ranked teams on the road by a total of four points, a win at night over Iowa at Kinnick, and crushing UM and that gets us at #14? How generous of you.

That Iowa State loss looks less bad now but because of that I wouldn't have them in the top spot. They do have the best wins by far though. Ohio State, TCU, Oklahoma State...that's impressive.
You mean the Iowa State that lost to Iowa?

As has been talked about for weeks behind the scenes, Franklin mentioned in his press conference that the hook and ladder was the play they practiced before the Michigan game but didn't use and said Herbstreit described it on the telecast of the game. Which is completely unprofessional and a breaking of the agreement media types make with the staff to watch practice.

I agree completely. Personally, I wouldn't let him watch practices anymore, but I'm sure Franklin would never take that step. Herbstreit is absolutely an OSU homer, and anyone with an objective bone in their body sees it. Stumps hard for the playoff last year, now puts OU ahead of unbeaten 'bama and Miami.....who just put a major smackdown on the previous #3 ND.

Reactions: Grass
Again--resume. Our best win is Northwestern. They'll be the highest ranked team. That says volumes. Schedule better and don't lose to a team that has been destroyed in multiple games. We're in the 12-14 range. You keep focusing on close losses but ignore everything else including quality wins and the eye test. We have the best back in the college game and he's useless because of the line.

Iowa State has 2 top 10 wins--don't ignore that. We didn't beat Iowa State. We beat a 6-4 Iowa team that won't be ranked tomorrow on the final play of the of game. I'm being unbiased not a fan like oyu

I agree completely. Personally, I wouldn't let him watch practices anymore, but I'm sure Franklin would never take that step. Herbstreit is absolutely an OSU homer, and anyone with an objective bone in their body sees it. Stumps hard for the playoff last year, now puts OU ahead of unbeaten 'bama and Miami.....who just put a major smackdown on the previous #3 ND.

How many times have you watched Miami this year? They struggled against a lot of average/poor teams.

I'm sorry, but if O$U gets in with losses of 16 and 31 points then I may give up on college football. They have to draw a line especially how they got destroyed by Clemson last year. They had their chance last year to prove they belonged and they blew it. Then they lose at home to OU by 16 when they were favored and then lose by 31 points to Iowa who then gets crushed by Wisconsin the next week. Reputation should not get you points with the committee.

So being undefeated means nothing at all anymore? Didn’t we have this same problem in our past when we were hosed out of potential titles? I hope Wisconsin bitch slaps Ohio State in the Big 10 game. Don’t underestimate the Badgers at all.
If Miami is undefeated they should be in it too. Play the games on the field not in your opinion or mind.

Reactions: JoeFi and Grass
I know I watched them beat the living crap out of Notre Dame last night who was getting all kinds of hype for the tough schedule that they played.

So, you haven't seen them other than that...informed I see
Hype? They were ranked so low despite being undefeated because of their schedule and close wins

Oklahoma isn't winning s*** with that defence-no way.

So being undefeated means nothing at all anymore? Didn’t we have this same problem in our past when we were hosed out of potential titles? I hope Wisconsin bitch slaps Ohio State in the Big 10 game. Don’t underestimate the Badgers at all.
If Miami is undefeated they should be in it too. Play the games on the field not in your opinion or mind.

I don't think anyone has said an undefeated Miami or Ohio State gets left out--not in this thread anyway. The season isn't over yet. Do you think UCF should be in if they run the table?

College football is the only sport in the world where one or two regular season losses somehow trumps everything else

Bama, Auburn, Georgia would beat OU by 10+ on a neutral field.

LSU would probably play with them too.
This is coming from someone who doesn't like Oklahoma as much as anyone.

It is clear that you have not seen Oklahoma play much.

Yesterday clearly indicated that Georgia and Alabama are not super teams. Alabama is down several players on defense with season ending injuries. They are no where as near as suffocating on defense as they are typically.

Oklahoma would smoke LSU as LSU could not hang with them offensively.

Like it or not, Mayfield is the best QB in college football. He has the stats and the moxie to get it done.

If they lose, it will be a shoot out of some type, because they are going to score lots of points.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and Grass
How many times have you watched Miami this year? They struggled against a lot of average/poor teams.

So has Clemson, plus a loss to perennial powerhouse Syracuse. 4-6 Syracuse. Why don't you apply the same standards to them, rather than putting them at #2? You are so all over the place it's VERY hard to believe you're serious.

Reactions: colt21 and Grass
So has Clemson, plus a loss to perennial powerhouse Syracuse. 4-6 Syracuse. Why don't you apply the same standards to them, rather than putting them at #2? You are so all over the place it's VERY hard to believe you're serious.

Clemson has the Auburn win and lost their QB (Bryant) against Syracuse. The difference is I actually follow the sport not just Penn State then watch a few other games. Same standard was applied...entire resume.

Clemson has the Auburn win and lost their QB (Bryant) against Syracuse. The difference is I actually follow the sport not just Penn State then watch a few other games. Same standard was applied...entire resume.

You assume way too much. Just beyond help. Sorry.....

I don't think anyone has said an undefeated Miami or Ohio State gets left out--not in this thread anyway. The season isn't over yet. Do you think UCF should be in if they run the table?

College football is the only sport in the world where one or two regular season losses somehow trumps everything else
If college football wants really great ratings it should go to a 10 game season followed by a 32 team playoff. It would be more popular than the college basketball tournament; more popular than the NFL

You assume way too much. Just beyond help. Sorry.....

What assumption was made? Do you even know what that word means?
Clemson was without their QB for half of that game--fact
Miami has struggled with bad team--fact
What wasn't a fact?
Are you one of those people that love Penn State but hate college football?

I agree Franklin would not take that step. The first group he thanked in his on the field interview following the Iowa victory? ESPN game day.

Clemson lost their QB. Tough shit. PSU’s defense was decimated by injuries in losses to both Pitt and UM last year. The committee didn’t care about that.

Bloody SYR beat Clemson. Clemson’s 3rd QB could likely start at SYR. You need to STFU a little bit. Pain in the ass is all your are.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT