ADVERTISEMENT

Here is a recurring vision / dream I have that some may share with me?

Jerademan74

Gold Member
Jun 29, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I am a very optimistic person, especially when it comes to Penn State football. I am 62,and a 1974 Graduate, so have a long history of watching exciting Penn State football games. Sometimes I dream of the upcoming season and have visions of current players breaking off 50 yard runs, and Hack throwing several long TD passes. Then I wake up and think realistically about how anemic our Offense looked most of last season and wish I could fall back to sleep to watch a more exciting Penn State. I keep reading about how most people think our OL will improve, and how much better Hack, our RB's, WR's and TE's should be this year. The reality is that we only ONCE in my lifetime of watching Penn State football had an offense as exciting as I tend to dream of, and that was in 1994. That 1994 game against OSU where we were leading 42-0 at HALFTIME was the only game where our Offense played BEYOND my wildest dreams. It has been a very long time since we have looked so good, and I am soooo tired of watching mediocre Penn State offenses lately. I know all the reasons why this has existed, but I am ready for our Offense to have a breakout year, and I can only DREAM that it will be this upcoming season!

I believe the skill people are in place but I don't expect OL to be any better than average. 9-3 would be great year. The maturation of OL ad depth is few years away. It is unfortunate Havkenburg has to play behind this line

I am a very optimistic person, especially when it comes to Penn State football. I am 62,and a 1974 Graduate, so have a long history of watching exciting Penn State football games. Sometimes I dream of the upcoming season and have visions of current players breaking off 50 yard runs, and Hack throwing several long TD passes. Then I wake up and think realistically about how anemic our Offense looked most of last season and wish I could fall back to sleep to watch a more exciting Penn State. I keep reading about how most people think our OL will improve, and how much better Hack, our RB's, WR's and TE's should be this year. The reality is that we only ONCE in my lifetime of watching Penn State football had an offense as exciting as I tend to dream of, and that was in 1994. That 1994 game against OSU where we were leading 42-0 at HALFTIME was the only game where our Offense played BEYOND my wildest dreams. It has been a very long time since we have looked so good, and I am soooo tired of watching mediocre Penn State offenses lately. I know all the reasons why this has existed, but I am ready for our Offense to have a breakout year, and I can only DREAM that it will be this upcoming season!
I admire your optimism, but with this offensive line, your dream could turn into a nightmare. I can see 8-4 for this team...maybe 9-3, and that is only because of the defense.

I admire your optimism, but with this offensive line, your dream could turn into a nightmare. I can see 8-4 for this team...maybe 9-3, and that is only because of the defense.
I see this team as 8-4 too. Just can't see how the OL is going to be that much better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT