ADVERTISEMENT

Hildebrandt News!!!

I heard Cael was there last night too—though I think that’s a rarity and I dunno if he actually coached or not— guessing not.

Checking in on Levi, maybe?

Technically, can’t Levi attend NLWC practices as a World Team Member?

I believe you are right since I thought that was Levi’s plan went he forewent his senior year.
Yeah. Pretty cool situation. Similar to what AB did as a high school senior, IIRC.

If he can make the weight, we might have a solution to the 157lb problem.

I'm kind of paranoid after what Cass did to Kerk last year (even though it's not apples to apples) with all the "Dean would DEFINITELY beat Warner, he'd BRUTALIZE him from the top position and maybe even bonus him" ... tread lightly is what I say.
Bump

.... I think we are seeing Drew's potential this year through our rose colored PSU "Goggles". I am calibrated to getting a pretty much guaranteed 5 points out of the kid. If you go back and research you will see he is a very skilled AA wrestler who last year when the weight class was very lean did not dominate his way to the podium. There were a fare share of 1-3 point matches against non-AAs. Wrestlstat has him at #4 and we have folks saying here he could get 3rd. Love the optimism, but if you are realistic, he is in the midst of a pretty capable logjam below the elite 2-3, likely starting to get into shape only 2 months ago. His chances of missing AA are probably as high or higher than earning #4.

Shit. I definitely saw his floor lower than most, but a NQ? Let's hope not. Come on drew turn it on.

Drew always had a pretty low floor tbh. If he doesn't place at Nationals, which was always a possibility, then he wasn't getting more than 2 points since he's not a bonuser. We needed him to get on the podium to get major points.

Drew always had a pretty low floor tbh. If he doesn't place at Nationals, which was always a possibility, then he wasn't getting more than 2 points since he's not a bonuser. We needed him to get on the podium to get major points.
as a hildebrandt fan (been rooting for him for years due to indiana ties), i tried to explain this earlier this year. he's a tossup with everyone from 4-19. that's just how 125 is after the top 3. and iowa is in the same boat with ayala. i mean we just had a rematch of last year's 3rd place match in the r12 at big tens. there's tons of parity.

mckee didn't place here last year and took 3rd. hildebrandt could still end up placing too.

as a hildebrandt fan (been rooting for him for years due to indiana ties), i tried to explain this earlier this year. he's a tossup with everyone from 4-19. that's just how 125 is after the top 3. and iowa is in the same boat with ayala. i mean we just had a rematch of last year's 3rd place match in the r12 at big tens. there's tons of parity.

mckee didn't place here last year and took 3rd. hildebrandt could still end up placing too.
I was with you man, he wasn't going to make a magic 6th year (and god knows how many years actually wrestling) jump in the room in a few months. You told us what we would get and that's what we got. The truth is, he hasn't really wrestled any Top 20 level guys besides Nick Suriano and PSU fans got starry eyed because he was "close"

The only other one was Malik Heinselman and he won basically how you described he would, he clinged onto him for a period.

Reactions: hlstone and js8793
you would know better than me. what does edsell's wildcard resume look like?

js, where in IN are you from?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT