ADVERTISEMENT

Hildebrandt News!!!

Creepy.

Also Mineo should have redacted the email address.
The directory is a public website--what I don't understand is how hard they must make it to redact your info on it. Seems like it should be in front of everyone as a choice at registration.

Last edited:
The directory is a pubic website--what I don't understand is how hard they must make it to redact your info on it. Seems like it should be in front of everyone as a choice at registration.
Mineo took a screenshot. It would've taken approximately 30 more seconds to put that image on PPT or the like, draw black boxes over the email addresses, and save the image.

Same for anyone else who posts the directory info.

This is also partly on PSU. Lots of colleges today require login to access the directory. As does the Penn State Alumni Association.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Alright El Jefe
Give us the run down vs Iowa with him In the line up (ncaa’s. Not dual )

The directory is a pubic website--what I don't understand is how hard they must make it to redact your info on it. Seems like it should be in front of everyone as a choice at registration.
The information shown in Mineos tweet is the basic/standard option. Students at the school have the option to show more information like phone number and address at Penn state for that given year.

This is also partly on PSU. Lots of colleges today require login to access the directory. As does the Penn State Alumni Association.
That was my point--it's PSU that makes that information public. Seems pretty backwards if you ask me. Opting out isn't a checbox on a form either:

Confidentiality Requests​

Some information about students and employees is considered directory information. Directory information may be publicly shared by the institution unless the individual takes formal action to restrict its release. See The Confidentiality and Security of Student Records and Policy AD11: University Policy on Confidentiality of Student Records. If you prefer not to be listed in Penn State's phone directory, you must request removal of your information.

• If you are an employee, contact your Human Resources Consultant. Human Resources Consultants can initiate a request for confidentiality in Workday, the HR-Payroll system. All requests will then be reviewed by Labor & Employee relations. You can find your Human Resources Consultant by using this directory.
  • If you are a student, go to the Registrar's Office, show your student ID, and request confidentiality. Requests are normally processed and made effective the day that they are received. Students should be aware that a request for confidentiality may have some undesirable side effects. For example, if a prospective employer were to contact the Registrar's Office to verify a student's status, the employer could not receive confirmation that the student was attending Penn State. Likewise, if a student were to apply for a credit card with a company that wanted to verify that the applicant was a Penn State student, the Registrar's Office again could not confirm the information.

Reactions: fronk71
Alright El Jefe
Give us the run down vs Iowa with him In the line up (ncaa’s. Not dual )
Willie gave his Crystal Ball prediction, so I won't go thru weight-by-weight.

Rather will re-package what I said in the other thread:
- Last year PSU lost to Iowa by 15.5 pts
- Hildebrandt was +11 pts over Howard
- Willie predicts Bartlett 3rd --> +13.5 pts (that's what last year's 3rd scored)
--> PSU would've outscored Iowa by 9 pts

Caveats:
- Hildebrandt likely won't finish 4th again, with Glory and Arujau returning.
- No way Kerk finishes 7th again -- that would offset Hildebrandt scoring less.
- Can't count on Marinelli getting injured at nationals again. Last year he scored only 4 pts. If he reaches the finals, that's a problem for us.
- Risky to assume all 4 champs will successfully defend their titles. (Hopefully they do!) Each 2nd place costs us 4 pts.
--> We will need Joe Lee to at least match Berge last year, and need more points from 165 and 197.

Bottom line: national title is very feasible, but not a given. Chris' "slight favorite" comment above seems about right.

Mineo took a screenshot. It would've taken approximately 30 more seconds to put that image on PPT or the like, draw black boxes over the email addresses, and save the image.

Same for anyone else who posts the directory info.

My first thought was “How could Mineo be so thoughtless to post a student’s email like that?” I’ve settled on him just being really, really dumb.

just finished WK 2 Crystal Ball. it has PSU by 12 (143-131) rn.

that said, a lot of moving parts. and i had a good idea Hildebrandt was going to PSU so i already had his pts in.

i was / am bullish on Bartlett and Joe Lee. but i also hav RBY 2nd and Beard 8th.

for Iowa I probably have Murin and Young at their floor but am bullish on Assad (6th).

all in all, it looks like there's real intrigue in the team race this year. more so than last year. and i don't see any other school approaching triple digits.

that said, a lot of moving parts. and i had a good idea Hildebrandt was going to PSU so i already had his pts in.

i was / am bullish on Bartlett and Joe Lee. but i also hav RBY 2nd and Beard 8th.

for Iowa I probably have Murin and Young at their floor but am bullish on Assad (6th).

all in all, it looks like there's real intrigue in the team race this year. more so than last year. and i don't see any other school approaching triple digits.
Loved your tidibt on the show yesterday when you said Iowa fans claimed you have Bartlett doing too well "What do young studs do under Cael? They improve" and PSU overachieving "HAVE YOU WATCHED THE LAST 10 YEARS!?"

Good stuff. By the way “fired up Corby” is best Corby.

So about Drew ... he seems like a kid who improves every year. Quick WrestleStat lookup shows:

18-18 FR (didn't qualify for nationals)
20-10 SO (qualified as 13 seed, 1-2)
31-3 JR (qualified as a 6 seed, no tournament)
14-2 SR (qualified as a 4 seed, placed 4th)

Seems to have a nice frame to learn some leg attacks he didn't have before and will now be scrapping with Thomas Gilman and RBY daily ....

Nice job at picking up Hildebrandt!

The legend of Willie lives on.

Last edited:
This helps a lot, if joe Lee can turn it around and facundo can peek at national ,the good guys look pretty pretty good.

Willie gave his Crystal Ball prediction, so I won't go thru weight-by-weight.

Rather will re-package what I said in the other thread:
- Last year PSU lost to Iowa by 15.5 pts
- Hildebrandt was +11 pts over Howard
- Willie predicts Bartlett 3rd --> +13.5 pts (that's what last year's 3rd scored)
--> PSU would've outscored Iowa by 9 pts

Caveats:
- Hildebrandt likely won't finish 4th again, with Glory and Arujau returning.
- No way Kerk finishes 7th again -- that would offset Hildebrandt scoring less.
- Can't count on Marinelli getting injured at nationals again. Last year he scored only 4 pts. If he reaches the finals, that's a problem for us.
- Risky to assume all 4 champs will successfully defend their titles. (Hopefully they do!) Each 2nd place costs us 4 pts.
--> We will need Joe Lee to at least match Berge last year, and need more points from 165 and 197.

Bottom line: national title is very feasible, but not a given. Chris' "slight favorite" comment above seems about right.
Not as locked in as Kerk, but I expect more at 97. More bonus, higher finish, etc. While winning 4 will be tough, I also expect more bonus points from those 4. I think it’s going to come down to Penn State and the bonus situation.

Reactions: PASLP2
3 Indiana starters. Who’s the real recruiter on the board? @Hoosier Lion or @smalls103 ?

why-not-both-por-que-no-los-dos.gif

"125 is a huge revolving door at Penn State. I expect another transfer soonish. I have no source, just observing the previous pattern Cael runs with at 125. May the best man win!"

@smalls103 Look, another fresh face at 125 coming to try and score more points at nationals. Soonish was 6 months. A little longer than I expected.
If I would have said, "I expect a transfer soonish" instead of "I expect another" would you have gotten so bothered early on in your favorite thread? Meh, doesn't really matter now does it.

As far as Drew goes he is a solid pickup. No Suriano, but he will get you some points that weren't there this morning. I watched some of his matches on Flo earlier. That late takedown on Teske in the quarters last March was slick. Caught him napping and again in OT. He was right there with McKee aswell, and had nice win over Latona who previously beat McKee in the tournament. Getting bonus points will be a challenge for him but maybe he can snag some after rolling with Gilman and RBY enough.

It should be quite the team battle at nationals now. Loaded lineups across the board. Cross your fingers they all stay healthy and ready to go. I hope Marinelli and 184 can neutralize the point difference Drew and a healthy Kerk will bring. We shall see!

Last edited:
Reactions: BMonks3
If he is in the directory, why no announcement..commitment yet? Assume it’s a definite…but why nothing official?

If he is in the directory, why no announcement..commitment yet? Assume it’s a definite…but why nothing official?
He’s enrolled in World Campus (online) right now. My guess is, he’s building credits while working on admissions to the grad program of his choosing.

My first thought was “How could Mineo be so thoughtless to post a student’s email like that?” I’ve settled on him just being really, really dumb.
Jeez guys. So what if he published the email. NO one is going to stop over to his house (Hildetbrandt) and egg it or throw rocks thru the wind, just because they know his email address. NO one is going to email him at 3 in the morning and wake him up with a prank email. And, he can just send any messages he doesn't like to spam or trash and not have to deal with it, by simply pushing a button. Not that big of deal!!

Reactions: crockster
Michigan now sounding like the favorite for Suriano coming out of nowhere. He goes 133. They could make a run at the title as well. If he does end up at there that would be a crazy too three with psu, iowa, mich. Any of those three could easily win a title any other year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT