ADVERTISEMENT

Hildebrandt News!!!

I noticed one of your own thought it was a bad take from you aswell. We'll just leave it at that.
Leave it however you want to leave it. Won’t lessen your disappointment in Marinelli when he falls short as he is wont to do.

#eatitturk

I know Marinelli has came up short at NCAA’s but the dude is a beast and I’d expect him to be in the mix to win it.

Keegan O’Toole is going to be up there as well.

Marinelli is a stud and a legit #1 through early March.

I will stand by my assessment his body breaks down during the big show, and he will never be a champ. I think wilting is not the most appropriate term, but I also think if he were in our room Cael would have had him in "optimal" condition for the rigors of nationals. We see it every single year from our PSU guys.

If Carter weren't in his way I also think Marinelli would be better served in March at 174 with a lesser cut.

Oh contrar, I think we are 'markedly' better at 125 (premature but most likely), 149, 165, 197, and Hwt. Last year's recovering Kirk is not the same beast that we will see this year.

157 could be a wash given Berge's early exit with the outside shot at an upside suprize.

I doubt we will see the same 4 champs, but 4 champs is certainly in play, and I definitely see more bonus across the full lineup to offset any loss here.

Iowa points will come down with both the rise of PSU in the weights above plus the inclusion of the Ivy teams.

Our biggest risk is tied to injury or Covid, but the same can be said of everyone else's team on this front.

I tend to doubt both PSU and Iowa hit the tourney with all 20 starters in the lineup at 100% full strength unfortunately.
20?

Michigan does not win wrestling, nor football championships.

Just saying.
I never said they would out score iowa or psu this year. Just that they’re loaded as well. With Suriano I don’t think they’re forty points back tho lol.

I never said they would out score iowa or psu this year. Just that they’re loaded as well. With Suriano I don’t think they’re forty points back tho lol.

No, you said they could outscore Iowa or Penn State. Which is why you are being laughed at.

Michigan now sounding like the favorite for Suriano coming out of nowhere. He goes 133. They could make a run at the title as well. If he does end up at there that would be a crazy too three with psu, iowa, mich. Any of those three could easily win a title any other year.

I would of loved to see Morgan at 184 which I feel was his natural weight.
He needed the 190 weight class from about 30 years ago. 184 would have been a brutal cut. Morgan had an excellent career, 3 time all-american including being a finalist in a weight class where he was undersized. Much better career to date over the guy from Iowa being discussed who always seems to underachieve on Friday morning. Possibly Marinelli has a tough cut too which gets exposed when having to plan on making weight 3 days in a row. If that is the case, being a year older will not make that any easier.

He needed the 190 weight class from about 30 years ago. 184 would have been a brutal cut. Morgan had an excellent career, 3 time all-american including being a finalist in a weight class where he was undersized. Much better career to date over the guy from Iowa being discussed who always seems to underachieve on Friday morning. Possibly Marinelli has a tough cut too which gets exposed when having to plan on making weight 3 days in a row. If that is the case, being a year older will not make that any easier.
YEA MORGAN GAVE IT UP FOR THE TEAM WOULD HAVE WON SOME TITLES AT 184!!

If AMars cut is so tough, why didnt HE make the jump to 174 a couple years ago instead of Kem leapfrogging him?

IDBI
Just a hunch -- but Kemerer had a history with Cenzo, and Marinelli had a history with Hall, and neither favored Iowa.

But either way, not buying Marinelli Hard Cut. More like Marinelli ran into Lewis and Griffith -- two guys capable of forcing a one-takedown match and winning that.

Not trying to be that guy (by which, I mean @Dogwelder)—but many people get confused by the contraction of “would” and “have” into “would’ve.” It sounds like “would of” but isn’t.

‘Would Of’ or ‘Would Have’?
Amelia Zimmermam

May 21, 2020

When people say or write would of, should of, could of or might of, they really mean would have, should have, could have or might have. For example:
✅ I would have been an only child if it weren’t for IVF.
❌ I would of been an only child if it weren’t for IVF.
✅ You should have studied harder for the exam.
❌ You should of studied harder for the exam. (Hope it wasn’t an English exam!)
The conditional perfect, or the type 3 conditional
The conditional perfect is a verb tense that refers to a hypothetical or alternative event or situation in the past. Essentially, it represents a missed opportunity, often hinging on something else happening. Could have, should have and would have are the modal verbs used for the conditional perfect, expressing past occurrences that didn’t happen. For example:
✅ I would have given it to her if she had asked.
✅ I could have run the race, but I decided to wait until my leg was better.
✅ I should have told her; now she’ll never know how I feel.
Why do people mistake would of for would have?
When you say would of instead of would have, you’re substituting the preposition of for the auxiliary verb have, which is grammatically incorrect.

giphy.gif

Yeah Morgan M v Marinelli is not a close comparison.

‘Would Of’ or ‘Would Have’?
Amelia Zimmermam

May 21, 2020

When people say or write would of, should of, could of or might of, they really mean would have, should have, could have or might have. For example:
✅ I would have been an only child if it weren’t for IVF.
❌ I would of been an only child if it weren’t for IVF.
✅ You should have studied harder for the exam.
❌ You should of studied harder for the exam. (Hope it wasn’t an English exam!)
The conditional perfect, or the type 3 conditional
The conditional perfect is a verb tense that refers to a hypothetical or alternative event or situation in the past. Essentially, it represents a missed opportunity, often hinging on something else happening. Could have, should have and would have are the modal verbs used for the conditional perfect, expressing past occurrences that didn’t happen. For example:
✅ I would have given it to her if she had asked.
✅ I could have run the race, but I decided to wait until my leg was better.
✅ I should have told her; now she’ll never know how I feel.
Why do people mistake would of for would have?
When you say would of instead of would have, you’re substituting the preposition of for the auxiliary verb have, which is grammatically incorrect.
That’s like the Goggles version of what I said. Don’t change @GogglesPaizano we like picking on you. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
I can't even get an answer from Google!

What is the IDBI stand for?

Industrial Development bank of India

Industrial Development bank of India (IDBI) was constituted under Industrial Development bank of India Act, 1964 as a Development Financial Institution (DFI) and came into being as on July 01, 1964 vide GoI notification dated June 22, 1964.

giphy.gif

I can't even get an answer from Google!

What is the IDBI stand for?

Industrial Development bank of India

Industrial Development bank of India (IDBI) was constituted under Industrial Development bank of India Act, 1964 as a Development Financial Institution (DFI) and came into being as on July 01, 1964 vide GoI notification dated June 22, 1964.

giphy.gif
I don't believe it

Reactions: danoftw
At this point, thinking Marinelli will score a lot of points at NCAAs is wishful thinking. He’s had ample opportunity to do so and has come up short every single time. Is he really talented? Yes. Is he a really good guy? By all accounts, yes. However, when the spotlight is brightest, he has wilted from the heat.
I’ll take the over on Marinelli ( assuming health).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT